The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
In my version of the contract I am to subscribe to this clause (free translation)
the customer is aware and the Customer accepts that the VIN number [...] is not yet known and the Customer authorizes INEOS to enter this data after the contract has been signed and the VIN number has been determined.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My speculation:

The Hard Way Home vehicles where all equipped with the dashboard compass.

But the woman which installed the compass was her ...

kompasstattoo.png

... and by mistake she installed it so that north and south were mixed up.

That's why the Hard Way Home folks ended up in South Africa and Ineos hasn't any footage from them yet.

Ineos is still investigating the problem and now hoping that a software update will fix it.

The compass of Ingemars car was broken so that he finally arrived at home in good condition.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
My speculation:

The Hard Way Home vehicles where all equipped with the dashboard compass.

But the woman which installed the compass was her ...

View attachment 7804960

... and by mistake she installed it so that north and south were mixed up.

That's why the Hard Way Home folks ended up in South Africa and Ineos hasn't any footage from them yet.

Ineos is still investigating the problem and now hoping that a software update will fix it.

The compass of Ingemars car was broken so that he finally arrived at home in good condition.
Ah Ha! how clever is that... when she admires her artwork in the mirror, it will look OK... :cool::rolleyes:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Ah Ha! how clever is that... when she admires her artwork in the mirror, it will look OK... :cool::rolleyes:
No. When she wants to admire the tattoo in a mirror, she'll need two of them (mirrors) to see her back - unless she has a rubber neck. And again, it's wrong.

Fail. 🥳

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Talking to the ineos people on the weekend. Apparently the delay was due to interior quality issues. They said carpet was one of the issues, hence it's deletion from availability.
Nothing further that might give us a clue about when release will be allowed?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Talking to the ineos people on the weekend. Apparently the delay was due to interior quality issues. They said carpet was one of the issues, hence it's deletion from availability.
As far as I know mine is still coming with carpet. It's been listed in all my contracts to date and I haven't had any word from IA to say it's been removed.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Carpet ?

Thousands of brand new cars are waiting in rain and dust due to a carpet problem ? 🥳

I am not amused of being presented such an explanation by Ineos.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Carpet ?

Thousands of brand new cars are waiting in rain and dust due to a carpet problem ? 🥳

I am not amused of being presented such an explanation by Ineos.
I think it's a Monday jest - and some may fall for it!

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Carpet option has not been deleted from the UK configurator.
I cant believe they would have shipped carpeted cars to dealers which have a problem with the carpet.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I know mine is still coming with carpet. It's been listed in all my contracts to date and I haven't had any word from IA to say it's been removed.
According to my dealer who checked on his system mine is still showing carpet floor covering.
In the UK you can still have carpet flooring on the Fieldmaster. It is not a available on any N1. The only one I didn't ask the question was the Trialmaster, but without logging on to check I didn't think it was a UK option

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have received my VIN number quite some time ago now, its come out of batch and hold and should be with me on April 3rd...well, at the dealership but have been told as mine was in batch and hold there won't be any hold ups this end, lets wait and see.

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Panic over.

The 10mm socket has been found on the production line.
Lynne Calder is back from her holidays.
The missing USB stick has been found by the IT department, down the side of a cushion in the rest room.

Expect everything to start kicking off in the next 2-6 months.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have received my VIN number quite some time ago now, its come out of batch and hold and should be with me on April 3rd...well, at the dealership but have been told as mine was in batch and hold there won't be any hold ups this end, lets wait and see.
I have the same although it should be at the dealer this week.
It also has carpets so lets see when it will be released.

Back
Top Bottom