The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
I heard they re-designed the footwell hump and will be replacing all bodywork. This will include all windscreens shifted 50mm to the left of centreline, solving the wiper issue too. I heard this from Paul.

Customer cars will be available Wednesday 8th March at 3.05pm.
You forgot to mention the repositioning of the batteries to fix the other hump

Attachments

• tbar.jpg
    tbar.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 45

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I heard they re-designed the footwell hump and will be replacing all bodywork. This will include all windscreens shifted 50mm to the left of centreline, solving the wiper issue too. I heard this from Paul.

Customer cars will be available Wednesday 8th March at 3.05pm.
april 1st comes earlier down under than in the rest of the world?😜😂

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7804595

The first INEOS Grenadier in end-user ownership. 💪
HardWayHome winner Ingemar Rodler recently took delivery of the Grenadier in Morocco and visited us today. You can see the joy in his face 😉.

Screenshot_20230301_145535.jpg

Screenshot_20230301_145038.jpgScreenshot_20230301_145146.jpg

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.

Is it possible to run that plate somewhere?

Also, in the top photo, there is a second Gren off to the left.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.

Is it possible to run that plate somewhere?
What are you hoping to find?

The reg no appears to sit in a range of Boblingen registered Grenadiers, some of which appeared in the GS Trophy event last year but also those wrapped as Hard Way Home assessment vehicles.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My thoughts on some of the theories so far..

Injunction theory: interesting but doubtful, if an injunction were obtained it would have to cover all markets, this would involve multiple jurisdictions which would be very difficult to obtain, and the chances of an information leak would be very high... we'd know about it.

Safety critical / emissions legislation issue: If the car had a safety critical fault and couldn't be released it is highly likely that something would have leaked out and we'd know about it.

Quality control issue: This seems to me to be the most likely issue so far, IA themselves are holding back the release, this would explain the lack of information. They don't want us to know the cause and because its all being controlled in house they have managed to keep a lid on it so far..

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My thoughts on some of the theories so far..

Injunction theory: interesting but doubtful, if an injunction were obtained it would have to cover all markets, this would involve multiple jurisdictions which would be very difficult to obtain, and the chances of an information leak would be very high... we'd know about it.

Safety critical / emissions legislation issue: If the car had a safety critical fault and couldn't be released it is highly likely that something would have leaked out and we'd know about it.

Quality control issue: This seems to me to be the most likely issue so far, IA themselves are holding back the release, this would explain the lack of information. They don't want us to know the cause and because its all being controlled in house they have managed to keep a lid on it so far..
Thanks @Tom D , great summary to which we could add:

Software Update Issue: Justin Hocevar (IA head of region Asia Pacific) told folks at a recent drive event in Australia and reported elsewhere on this forum that the software issue had been fixed "past tense". So that implies the updated software just needs to be loaded onto the vehicles either at the factory or dealer during PDI which should be a pretty routine activity.

Vehicle Registration Issue: It seems in the UK at least that IA are registering the vehicles themselves rather than the dealers and that they may not be sufficiently prepared for this with the correct DVLA portal access and trained staff to complete the registration process. This "admin oversight" seems plausible in terms of causing a delay to registrations in UK. However, it's strange that no customer vehicles have been registered anywhere in EU or Switzerland either, despite some being delivered to dealers. This implies the problem may be more deep rooted than final registration admin pointing (possibly) to difficulties obtaining Type Approval and/or Certificate of Conformity.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @Tom D , great summary to which we could add:

Software Update Issue: Justin Hocevar (IA head of region Asia Pacific) told folks at a recent drive event in Australia and reported elsewhere on this forum that the software issue had been fixed "past tense". So that implies the updated software just needs to be loaded onto the vehicles either at the factory or dealer during PDI which should be a pretty routine activity.

Vehicle Registration Issue: It seems in the UK at least that IA are registering the vehicles themselves rather than the dealers and that they may not be sufficiently prepared for this with the correct DVLA portal access and trained staff to complete the registration process. This "admin oversight" seems plausible in terms of causing a delay to registrations in UK. However, it's strange that no customer vehicles have been registered anywhere in EU or Switzerland either, despite some being delivered to dealers. This implies the problem may be more deep rooted than final registration admin pointing (possibly) to difficulties obtaining Type Approval and/or Certificate of Conformity.
I have asked the question on the forum wondering who has paid fully for their vehicles that are at the agents/dealers…so with no answers except from Jean who said no I take it that cars wouldn’t be registered…registration and VIN numbers would only be supplied after full payment is made I believe or who are they registered to?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have asked the question on the forum wondering who has paid fully for their vehicles that are at the agents/dealers…so with no answers except from Jean who said no I take it that cars wouldn’t be registered…registration and VIN numbers would only be supplied after full payment is made I believe or who are they registered to?
I believe some folks have received their VIN numbers and there's a thread on here somewhere trying to decipher the alpha numeric code. Registration wouldn't take place without full payment, at least that's my experience of previous vehicles. So yes, that's further evidence that no-one has paid in full.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe some folks have received their VIN numbers and there's a thread on here somewhere trying to decipher the alpha numeric code. Registration wouldn't take place without full payment, at least that's my experience of previous vehicles. So yes, that's further evidence that no-one has paid in full.
VIN numbers belong to the car and are only available to you if it is paid for in full and registered in your name…I am talking about my personal experiences in OZ…I can’t see why it would differ around the world.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
VIN numbers belong to the car and are only available to you if it is paid for in full and registered in your name…I am talking about my personal experiences in OZ…I can’t see why it would differ around the world.
Check out the thread "VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)", some folks do have their VIN. Examples in UK and Germany from a quick scan through. Different in OZ it seems(y)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I know my VIN number, and only paid for the spare wheel, and the tooth button.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have my VIN. I received it (only on a request) after I had signed my contract. I'm unsure whether it was allocated to me before or only just at the point of production.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have my VIN. I received it (only on a request) after I had signed my contract. I'm unsure whether it was allocated to me before or only just at the point of production.
It is allocated to the vehicle…it gives you a reference point to check that you have the right car maybe and if you don’t follow through with the purchase it stays with the car…I am not concerned about the VIN of my vehicle at all…as long as the car meets my requirements and what I have specified is all there the VIN is just a reference number that can be used in ordering parts for it because it is catalogued with the VIN.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the point is if there is VIN allocated to your order then it's just another way of marking your order/vehicles progress through the overall process. It perhaps makes it more real.

At the end of the day, if my vehicle turns up with all the right bells and whistles, as ordered, but with a completely different VIN then I won't be saying it's not mine.

Back
Top Bottom