The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
I do not read German, and while that may be that guy's truck, there's very little likelihood that he's been driving it on public roads. Perhaps, like @Jean Mercier he can go to the dealer and spend quality time with his truck, he has not taken full delivery of it.

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
There are customer cars, mine included, that have been sitting at the dealer for two weeks. Just waiting for the mythical software update…. Highly frustrating.
Agreed - mine arrived on 9th and initial delivery "delayed" to 17th, then no cars to be delivered until 23 plate (tomorrow) - now no indication when delivery will take place. Really not convinced about the software issue but equally, unable to work out the logic of shipping cars just so they can sit in the dealer's car park.

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Agreed - mine arrived on 9th and initial delivery "delayed" to 17th, then no cars to be delivered until 23 plate (tomorrow) - now no indication when delivery will take place. Really not convinced about the software issue but equally, unable to work out the logic of shipping cars just so they can sit in the dealer's car park.
Perhaps space at Hambach is a problem have been at Lode Lane when there is a missing part and the line can't be stopped cars everywhere like all over the place.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps space at Hambach is a problem have been at Lode Lane when there is a missing part and the line can't be stopped cars everywhere like all over the place.
I agree they are stock piling at their end destination. Whatever the issue is it can clearly be resolved off production line. Which does seem to suggest it is software. As all types of configuration are being stockpiled must be related to a commonality issue. Again suggesting it is software

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I do not read German, and while that may be that guy's truck, there's very little likelihood that he's been driving it on public roads. Perhaps, like @Jean Mercier he can go to the dealer and spend quality time with his truck, he has not taken full delivery of it.
Yes, you might think it's a bit of fake news. But the car looks like he moved it a few km. And of course you could use a Google or Apple translation program ;)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree they are stock piling at their end destination. Whatever the issue is it can clearly be resolved off production line. Which does seem to suggest it is software. As all types of configuration are being stockpiled must be related to a commonality issue. Again suggesting it is software
The other thing about bringing them to dealers and " stock piling" helps with their credibility - look we are getting them out there - and transportation time is taken up and done in the "dead time"

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by IA customer service today (when organising the re-sending of my contract link), that my car is built and ready to go at Hambach. Once contract is signed, shipping will be organised and I should be in the driving seat next month.

Who fancies those odds, I’m not sure I’d place a bet in it!

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The other thing about bringing them to dealers and " stock piling" helps with their credibility - look we are getting them out there - and transportation time is taken up and done in the "dead time"
My car was built on 12/12/22 13 weeks ago, so that's a lot of "dead time". I believe a better way of helping their credibility would be to clarify what this particular issue is and provide regular updates to both the dealers and customers.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, you might think it's a bit of fake news. But the car looks like he moved it a few km. And of course you could use a Google or Apple translation program ;)
Given the timeline on ramping up the Hard Way Home recently, and the fact the photos of the pro drivers appeared to have been taken "in country", then it's more than probable that the event is done and dusted and It's hard to imagine Ineos taking the vehicle back off them afterwards. I'm sure the video is sat on the shelf waiting for some marketing bod to decide the time is right to air it.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
We are all waiting and our nerves are bare. I would also like to part with my GC as soon as possible. But I try to remain patient in the hope of getting a mature car. We'll see. It's worse to wait like before Christmas or even worse than before the first sex :ROFLMAO:

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My car was built on 12/12/22 13 weeks ago, so that's a lot of "dead time". I believe a better way of helping their credibility would be to clarify what this particular issue is and provide regular updates to both the dealers and customers.
Yes agree its starting to grate a little...some facts instead of speculation would be appropriate IA if you are watching!!!

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
We are all waiting and our nerves are bare. I would also like to part with my GC as soon as possible. But I try to remain patient in the hope of getting a mature car. We'll see. It's worse to wait like before Christmas or even worse than before the first sex :ROFLMAO:
By the time they in owners hands, some of these cars might be 6 months post production!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree, is your car in the UK with the dealer or is it still at Hambach? Either way if built and even allowing for factory Christmas shutdown till 14th January there has been plenty of time to flash it. What date was your contract signed?

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree, is your car in the UK with the dealer or is it still at Hambach? Either way if built and even allowing for factory Christmas shutdown till 14th January there has been plenty of time to flash it. What date was your contract signed?
Car has been in Uk with the dealer since 9th Feb. Contract signed 7th November 22.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm going with a replacement part for vehicles that previously left the factory and were delivered. I'm also guessing is a safety issue. If it was just a dodgy wiper blade, EU would be driving around already. Software fixes are fast... At least they are if it was in fact holding up release. Hmm

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
I heard they re-designed the footwell hump and will be replacing all bodywork. This will include all windscreens shifted 50mm to the left of centreline, solving the wiper issue too. I heard this from Paul.

Customer cars will be available Wednesday 8th March at 3.05pm.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
I heard they re-designed the footwell hump and will be replacing all bodywork. This will include all windscreens shifted 50mm to the left of centreline, solving the wiper issue too. I heard this from Paul.

Customer cars will be available Wednesday 8th March at 3.05pm.
I heard that in some parts of the world pig wings are becoming a popular item

Back
Top Bottom