The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Should we call in Sir James Dyson, he knows how to stop things from gathering dust...at least the Grenadiers have got to the dust stage.
In 2006 we stayed at a B&B on a farm near Malmesbury; JDs house was 2 fields away. Hearing unexpected laughter, I pulled myself up a tall wall to peer in, where the fam were having a jolly party!

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score
I heard that the real reason for the delay in Ineos Grenadier deliveries is a carpet moth infestation, something no vehicle manufacturer has ever encountered before.
In an audacious plan for industrial sabotage, JLR have spent the last five years developing genetically engineered insects that eat polyester floor mats, code name 'Axminster Filibuster'.

Local time
Reaction score
Carpet ?

Thousands of brand new cars are waiting in rain and dust due to a carpet problem ? 🥳

I am not amused of being presented such an explanation by Ineos.
His words - Interior quality issues were the holdup and made particular mention of carpet .. indicating there were other issues.

No mention of software.

Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Maybe problems are related to Ineos' JV with Moskvich:

“Moskvich” is back… back to the factory. They recall all 86 cars sold due to computer errors.​

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 13.35.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 13.35.40.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 45

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I heard the real reason Ineos cannot deliver Grenadiers to owners yet is because they are struggling to get the carpets out of transport mode on arrival at the dealer. In transport mode the floor mats are limited to a top speed of 10mph, which results in them migrating towards the rear of the vehicle as it approaches higher road speeds, obstructing the driver's view through the rear window and applying excessive drag to the vehicle's progress. Drivers who have attempted to accelerate quickly have also reported serious carpet burns.

To avoid passenger injuries and further delays, the carpet mats are all being replaced with aftermarket rubber mats with a speed rating of Q or higher

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
As far as I know mine is still coming with carpet. It's been listed in all my contracts to date and I haven't had any word from IA to say it's been removed.
I asked my dealer and he told me that one delivered car has carpet.

Back
Top Bottom