The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

AWo

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
One thing should not be underestimated....

...regardless of how much money is there, Ineos doesn't build this car on their own. There are many suppliers, big ones and smaller ones. They need confidence in IA as they have to pre-finance all what they supply. A wrong decision here could break the neck of a supplier. So they will closely watch what happens and how IA behaves. They have experience. If they do not have the confidence thatt IA will do a good job, the one or the other maybe out.

And if an OEM sets unrealistic schedules or changes its mind from one day to the next about how a part should look like (for example), struggles with delivery etc. this is definitely something which will be noticed by these people which are far more closer to this car than we are.

Cheers
AWo

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
My local dealer (just west of London) told me last week that they had 10 (or was it 20?) customer cars on site and were just waiting for the Ineos engineer to come to "update the software" to take it out of "delivery mode". Take from that what you will...

Local time
Reaction score
My local dealer (just west of London) told me last week that they had 10 (or was it 20?) customer cars on site and were just waiting for the Ineos engineer to come to "update the software" to take it out of "delivery mode". Take from that what you will...
My dealer can get. them out of transport mode by himself

opsy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe some folks have received their VIN numbers and there's a thread on here somewhere trying to decipher the alpha numeric code. Registration wouldn't take place without full payment, at least that's my experience of previous vehicles. So yes, that's further evidence that no-one has paid in full.
I've paid in full over 6 weeks ago 🙁

opsy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Surely you should not have been invoiced until the vehicle was "road worthy". I accept it wouldn't be registered till you paid but on registration they should deliver immediately otherwise it is breach of contract on IA behalf, no matter what the issues are.
I think it's all down to it all being a new company. Everything they do is for the first time, so a steep learning curve. Part of the risk being an early adopter I suppose. But I wanted to get in quick before the government changed the rules and added more compulsory features to it!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it's all down to it all being a new company. Everything they do is for the first time, so a steep learning curve. Part of the risk being an early adopter I suppose. But I wanted to get in quick before the government changed the rules and added more compulsory features to it!
I think IA should show their appreciation for your circumstances and their predicament, they are legally "up shit creek without a paddle". If I was IA I think I would be offering you some accessory or the like FOC.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've paid in full over 6 weeks ago 🙁
I’d be smelling a rat and have you checked youre not subject to a man in the middle scam. my vehicle was in the uk nearly 6 weeks ago and IA will not invoice me until theyre ready to register.. They made that pretty clear early doors.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’d be smelling a rat and have you checked youre not subject to a man in the middle scam. my vehicle was in the uk nearly 6 weeks ago and IA will not invoice me until theyre ready to register.. They made that pretty clear early doors.
They probably learned very quickly from their mistake with @opsy. I presume it was a BACS transfer direct to IA that they acknowledged. An accessory FOC and 2 years paid for free servicing 🤞

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m amazed that there have been no leaks from any Ineos staff to the press about the reasons for delays to customer deliveries. Ineos management could do with giving our government a few tips on how to contain leaks. There’s not many days go by without some one leaking titbits of information to the press after meetings in no 10 or 11 Downing Street and before any official announcement has been made. Maybe the real reason for the delays is that the Ineos management have been seconded to our government to train our cabinet office staff in “leak management “ 😳 and how to keep radio silence when under pressure for information?

opsy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes my dealer has confirmed that I'm showing as fully paid on his Ones computer system.

Reactions: PBD

opsy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, hope you get it soon. I take it your car has been at the dealer since IA invoiced you? Any update on when it’ll be ready for collection?
Nothing yet.

opsy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They probably learned very quickly from their mistake with @opsy. I presume it was a BACS transfer direct to IA that they acknowledged. An accessory FOC and 2 years paid for free servicing 🤞
yes via BACS or faster payments as its called now.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was curious about ownership and liability having paid but according to the contract terms "Title and ownership passes to the Customer upon the Purchase Price being received in full by INEOS in cleared funds and the Customer taking physical possession of the Vehicle."

Back
Top Bottom