The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

Mauro

Contract Signed
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
have you seen the cO2 emissions? they seem very high. more than a old lamborghini v12. maybe this is an issue.
I’m starting to feel a bit worried.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Who would possibly believe the dog ate my homework
I got away with the goat ate my homework
But we all know goats will eat anything
Happened to my then mate Paul when we were 11. Teacher ordered us to turn in our homework, Paul looking worried put his hand up and said “my dog ate it”. Teacher not at all amused until Paul pulled out what remained of his homework book which had bite marks through it, a bite sized corner removed and was covered in slobber, whereupon the teacher and whole class burst out in uncontrollable laughter. True story.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m inclined to agree with some previous comments. This is not a parts or software issue. It’s either a legal issue, or it’s a regulatory issue.

If its a regulatory issue then it’s the fault of INEOS for not checking that they complied. If its a legal issue then it’s the fault of whoever brought that case. If it was a regulatory issue then INEOS would have stopped making vehicles that didn’t comply, you would imagine.. Given that they are still churning them out that suggests a legal issue.. also as regulations differ in different markets you’d think a regulatory issue would be unlikely to affect all markets. Who knows? I really hope this doesn’t turn into a situation where INEOS lose their case and 1000’s of vehicles have to be scrapped…
Its just the ending that a ‘Crazy British Entrepreneur Builds Car From Scratch’ story demands!

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
So far Ive seen almost every excuse possible for the situation with the Grenadier except "The Dog Ate my Homework" They drove a million miles to test out the vehicle and now after almost five months of production, not one person has possession of their vehicle. They sit in the car yard of distributers, with the customers, money in hand, looking from outside the fence. There are little glimpses of final production vehicles on loan doing tours of Scotland or being fitted at an aftermarket accessory joint, but nothing with a vehicle in the customers/owners hands. Ineos have vehicles which are registered here in OZ, allowing sporting people to drive "Off Road" but never on the grey matter. Those same vehicles can be driven from town to town by Ineos employees, but not the people who really matter. They are allowed to only drive it Off Road also. Even vehicles that are coming off the production line right now today or yesterday fail to get handed over to their respective new owners. There is some legal embargo going on here I suspect, and its got zero to do with software upgrades.
That makes the most sense here, unfortunately. 😟 We'll all know soon enough as this can't go on for much longer with pressure mounting. I expect an email any day now containing an apology for the delay, that there were various unexpected 'late stage' issues but now full steam ahead. Doubt it'll reveal any real details as they know it'll all be forgotten once owners start posting their 'oh what a feeling, it's not a Toyota! ' photos. 😉

Puma

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
(Idle speculation)
After reading all the speculation on delay: software updates, thorough inspections, potentially 1500 vehicles at the factory, here's a thought! If you needed several hundred rugged four wheel drive vehicles that could be easily modified for light military use, where would you go?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m inclined to agree with some previous comments. This is not a parts or software issue. It’s either a legal issue, or it’s a regulatory issue.

If its a legal issue then it’s the fault of whoever brought that case.
It's not their fault if they believe they are right. That's what courts are for. It would only be their fault if the action was known to be frivolous or malicious

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

If its a regulatory issue then it’s the fault of INEOS for not checking that they complied. If its a legal issue then it’s the fault of whoever brought that case. If it was a regulatory issue then INEOS would have stopped making vehicles that didn’t comply, you would imagine.. Given that they are still churning them out that suggests a legal issue.. also as regulations differ in different markets you’d think a regulatory issue would be unlikely to affect all markets. Who knows? I really hope this doesn’t turn into a situation where INEOS lose their case and 1000’s of vehicles have to be scrapped…
Its just the ending that a ‘Crazy British Entrepreneur Builds Car From Scratch’ story demands!
Or, it is Ineos themselves have put a temporary embargo on releasing for whatever reason. Stocking dealers for mass world wide one day blitz to gain maximum PR?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Or, it is Ineos themselves have put a temporary embargo on releasing for whatever reason. Stocking dealers for mass world wide one day blitz to gain maximum PR?
Yes a “worldwide launch day” has been mentioned but I wonder if they are really going to wait for the first shipment to reach OZ and clear bug checks or whatever‘s required before distribution, pdi etc, before handing over vehicles to EU customers with cars at agents already? Guess we will have to wait and see as there’s little chance IA are going to tell us.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes a “worldwide launch day” has been mentioned but I wonder if they are really going to wait for the first shipment to reach OZ and clear bug checks or whatever‘s required before distribution, pdi etc, before handing over vehicles to EU customers with cars at agents already? Guess we will have to wait and see as there’s little chance IA are going to tell us.
Waiting for quarantine in Australia before releasing cars in UK/Europe is just plain stupid. We want you guys to get your vehicles ASAP, sooner you get them, the sooner we all benefi!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Waiting for quarantine in Australia before releasing cars in UK/Europe is just plain stupid. We want you guys to get your vehicles ASAP, sooner you get them, the sooner we all benefi!
I was thinking about a mass release in EU and UK, I know Aus will be sometime off but the PR would help boast Aus sales.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking about a mass release in EU and UK, I know Aus will be sometime off but the PR would help boast Aus sales.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I’d love to be wrong about this but IA can’t handle it’s existing customers, let alone new ones!

What they need is to pull their respective thumbs out of their arses and communicate with customers, we’re all big boys and girls, we can handle it.

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The delay may be being engineered to provide the greater ‘Ineos’ Co with an efficient 2022/23 tax regime. Large profits on the oil & gas side countered by significant losses from the automotive group, with release & payment from vehicles in the new tax year?

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The delay may be being engineered to provide the greater ‘Ineos’ Co with an efficient 2022/23 tax regime. Large profits on the oil & gas side countered by significant losses from the automotive group, with release & payment from vehicles in the new tax year?

That doesn’t line up with IA‘s own announcement that vehicles were going to be available end of 22’.

EDIT: Correction, Jan 23’

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score

It could also be that Ineos is waiting for a approval they know they will get anyway. But they can’t make the last step without the ultimate signature of some Sesselfurzer (translate it for yourself. It’s an important word) this signature is delayed due to holiday, illness, burnout, need for a medical prescribed spa treatment…
(All of this in exactly this sequence!)

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’d love to be wrong about this but IA can’t handle it’s existing customers, let alone new ones!

What they need is to pull their respective thumbs out of their arses and communicate with customers, we’re all big boys and girls, we can handle it.
Spot on👍

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It could also be that Ineos is waiting for a approval they know they will get anyway. But they can’t make the last step without the ultimate signature of some Sesselfurzer (translate it for yourself. It’s an important word) this signature is delayed due to holiday, illness, burnout, need for a medical prescribed spa treatment…
(All of this in exactly this sequence!)
I get it, a bureaucrat!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's already sitting on deferred tax on losses of approximately €506,469.00 up to the 2021 tax year end, so I'm not sure it has to look outside for help.

Back
Top Bottom