The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

don't ignore warning ligh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
Our beautiful green car is less than six months old. Along with many other owners we experienced lots of warning lights and disturbing noises which we were told to ignore and wait for a software update. Unfortunately before the update was available we had warning lights which should not be ignored including power steering error,airbag malfunction and reduced braking performance.
The brakes and power steering failed has this happened to anyone else ?
I would welcome any suggestions of how to get Ineos ( UK) to respond
They have now had our car for over six weeks .
Please could anyone advise on how to speak to someone at Ineos regarding vehicle safety issues.

Attachments

• 20230913_132950.jpg
    20230913_132950.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230913_132924.jpg
    20230913_132924.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230913_132900.jpg
    20230913_132900.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230913_132919.jpg
    20230913_132919.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230913_132921.jpg
    20230913_132921.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230913_144732.jpg
    20230913_144732.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230913_144725.jpg
    20230913_144725.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230913_144730.jpg
    20230913_144730.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 89

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Our beautiful green car is less than six months old. Along with many other owners we experienced lots of warning lights and disturbing noises which we were told to ignore and wait for a software update. Unfortunately before the update was available we had warning lights which should not be ignored including power steering error,airbag malfunction and reduced braking performance.
The brakes and power steering failed has this happened to anyone else ?
I would welcome any suggestions of how to get Ineos ( UK) to respond
They have now had our car for over six weeks .
Please could anyone advise on how to speak to someone at Ineos regarding vehicle safety issues.
Did the brakes and the power steering loose hydraulic power at the same time? Did this happen whilst driving or on start up? Any explanation from your dealership?

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce , we didn't at first but now have a hire car through Enterprise ( who have been great) unfortunately Ineos will only renew for three days at a time so we have to keep making calls and sorting out a couple of times a week which was fine at first but after almost 7 weeks is a bit tiresome ! If there is a better way or any advice I'd be super grateful
Sorry to hear this. Are they providing you with a loaner vehicle?

You brought the vehicle in for service but have no contact info? How can that be?
Thanks for your response Jeffrey. The vehicle was recovered by Ineos . The Ineos customer care team in the UK acknowledge that there is a problem with the vehicle but won't give a name of who is in charge of customer care and leave emails unanswered.
They are very pleasant and polite and promise to escalate but so far this hasn't happened.
I'm just hoping someone on the forum might have some experience or advice as I agree that this is an unbelievable situation and we are desperate to get any help we can . It's been a very long six weeks...

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had all the above lights before . All gone after update.
Steering and braking never failed .
Lucky you it was absolutely terrifying and I wouldn't wish steering failure or dodgy brakes on anyone . I assume that as Ineos have had the car so long now that software isn't the issue but I really don't know. Any thoughts or ideas are very welcome thank you 😊

Reactions: PBD

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
Fist of all I'd contact Customer Support. They can actually not help you, but you might need a ticket number to which you can refer. And stay polite but firm.

Then try this one. INEOS Head of Aftersales Europe.

It's not unlikely that you will NOT get a direct response from him, but it could be making a difference for the better behind the scenes.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Lucky you it was absolutely terrifying and I wouldn't wish steering failure or dodgy brakes on anyone . I assume that as Ineos have had the car so long now that software isn't the issue but I really don't know. Any thoughts or ideas are very welcome thank you 😊
Were the brakes and steering actually problematic, or was it simply the warnings?

Also, you say that Ineos has the car now, does that mean corporate Ineos, or your local agent?

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did the brakes and the power steering loose hydraulic power at the same time? Did this happen whilst driving or on start up? Any explanation from your dealership?
Thaks for your reply.
I'm not sure about hydraulic power 🤔
We were driving at the time ( about 20mph) and all of the various warnings flashing ( which, as instructed, we ignored) We should not have ignored them it could have been catastrophic !
In retrospect it seems to be the red codes that were the actual issues and the orange ones that weren't but I don't know if that's correct or not!

The power steering cut out totally and the brakes didn't absolutely fail but did not properly work . The problem then cut in and out and in the very short distance we drove to get to a safe stopping place, it seemed more prevalent at low speed . But again I don't know if this just because we drove at a snails pace to stop safely.
The dealership said there were 'codes' that they hadn't seen before ( they would not share the codes)and we should contact Ineos UK customer service .
As its such a new company perhaps they don't know what to do when something goes wrong? Any thoughts or ideas are very welcome

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fist of all I'd contact Customer Support. They can actually not help you, but you might need a ticket number to which you can refer. And stay polite but firm.

Then try this one. INEOS Head of Aftersales Europe.

It's not unlikely that you will NOT get a direct response from him, but it could be making a difference for the better behind the scenes.
Ah thanks so much,
We loved the car and I had been holding off asking for help on forums because I do want the Grenadier to be a huge success .
It feels like the dealer and Ineos are pushing the problem to each other but who knows ! Neither have solved the issue ...

I will contact the Head of Aftersales and really appreciate your advice.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Were the brakes and steering actually problematic, or was it simply the warnings?

Also, you say that Ineos has the car now, does that mean corporate Ineos, or your local agent?
Thanks for your reply
Yes the power steering failed completely. The brakes didn't work properly . The car wasn't safe to drive. There were lots of warnings for other things which didn't seem to manifest as a problem. Some in amber and some in red .
The vehicle was taken away by the AA arranged by Ineos. The dealership have directed us to Ineos customer care (UK) .
I don't know if it is because we paid Ineos directly when we purchased the car (or if this is standard policy ) We're finding it very difficult to get any information or help 🤔

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
Had all the above lights before . All gone after update.
Steering and braking never failed .
I never had the HHC warning, but yes the Power Steering. I don't even know what HHC is, will have to search the forum or Google ...

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I never had the HHC warning, but yes the Power Steering. I don't even know what HCC is, will have to search the forum or Google ...
Had it once i think in the early days . went away after a power cycle .

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply
Yes the power steering failed completely. The brakes didn't work properly . The car wasn't safe to drive. There were lots of warnings for other things which didn't seem to manifest as a problem. Some in amber and some in red .
The vehicle was taken away by the AA arranged by Ineos. The dealership have directed us to Ineos customer care (UK) .
I don't know if it is because we paid Ineos directly when we purchased the car (or if this is standard policy ) We're finding it very difficult to get any information or help 🤔
Your dealer is just passing the buck my friend . Dealers have a direct line to INEOS . They are able to ask questions and get answers from engineers . I know because i had my dealer ask questions on my behalf .
Do not simply accept it . Make some noise .
I bet your dealer is a big dealership with different brands and INEOS is only a small part of their BUssines ?

Back
Top Bottom