The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia How long for contract signing?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
Having seen so many at one agent I was (perhaps wrongly) assuming the deliveries of vehicles was starting to get into gear and the same story would be being repeated across the network - maybe not if the comments on this forum are representative
I think they are getting into gear. The stockpile just represents the volume Ineos are getting into the country faster than agents can knock them out.

PDI was always going to be a bit of a bottleneck, if agents are more resourced for steady state running than initial pent up demand.

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If it was in production in March can't be far off.
Well, protection was originally supposed to be last October I seem to recall.
I was thinking things over this evening on my drive home. It really would not take much for me to tell them not to bother really.
Neither dealer or manufacturer has bothered to contact me since end of March.

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, protection was originally supposed to be last October I seem to recall.
I was thinking things over this evening on my drive home. It really would not take much for me to tell them not to bother really.
Neither dealer or manufacturer has bothered to contact me since end of March.
I contacted Ineos and they said I should have my vehicle by the end of the year.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
I contacted Ineos and they said I should have my vehicle by the end of the year.
I ordered in Jan 23, I was told build in May, delivery Aug/Sept. I don't expect it until end of year earliest, more likely 24 sometime. Would suit me better if it were late anyway.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
Always the same problem.. I ordered in Oct 2022, was told perhaps Oct 2023 at Aufenau. This reminds me to former GDR vehicle orders (expected delivery time 10 years plus. so this means you order a vehicle when receiving your current vehicle. Read yesterday in a financial website. The automotive industry was in the past in a problem of competition and generating demand. - Now due to spareparts issues, chip crisis etc - they go different, - the customer is not important anymore. - So maximising money is the current directive. To benefit of the few who can afford a luxury car and the ordinary tax generating middle class or normal person will be left. So this is also affecting used cars market.
When I considered now its time to order - it was very obvious that I do not know when to receive the vehicle. And may be I will never enjoy it at all. - Yesterday in the town of Friedberg (where Elvis was posted during his military service) Stopped at red traffic light.. got green.. (at least more than one sec.. there was no vehicle adjacent in visible area of 100m accelerated and stopped immediately.. there was a vehicle appraching and passed with high speed despite it got red light and stop.. I got high on adrenaline and a big thank you to my guardian angel. Everything recorded on dashcam. So if I receive the Grenadier it its fine.. If not its fate.

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Contract signing may take months or you can be lucky. Its been a journey since February 2022 as an early adopter.

My contract signing experience has been rather horrible. I dont wish to winge or criticise or be negative, only to inform others if it helps. I am still not in the build.

The current order contract signing process does not match the degree of thought and investment gone into the design or build of the Grenie and is dissappointing without a customer first focus. Why they did'nt adopt a more mature IT solution or even follow best practice, with a more secure log in account system while purchasing a vehicle for over $100,000 from a A$3 Billion company solution is beyond me, as then they would have a direct link with their customers.

First attempt contract signing. I did not recieve any information or communication to use the '000' before the actual order # as a code to log into contract signing. So I must have corrupted the log in (after 3 attempts). The 'Doco sign' corruption issue is well known with others o/s.

Second attempt it took a month to rectify the previous contract. After gaining accees, someone at Customer Support had 'rebuilt/edited' my contract doc manually for signing, yet it was nowhere near matching my order, colour etc. and did not match the current online configuration!

Third attempt same again, items were left off and with the incorect pricing, still requires amending before I will sign.

WARNING : Before signing your contract, read everything a few times over! I strongly suggest print off first. Then compare with your own configuration printed from the online site. Noting the prices of accessories have risen since placing the first deposit and order contrary to INEOS commuincation to honour those prices of original orders remain.

And yet they say patients is a virtue? Even that has limits.

Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
What exactly is contract signing?
I thought thats done when the vehicle is delivered.
Is it like the order sheet?
Do you pay more money at that point?
I thought we pay a deposit then when the vehicle arrives you actually buy it.
I know im missing something.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
Contract signing may take months or you can be lucky. Its been a journey since February 2022 as an early adopter.

My contract signing experience has been rather horrible. I dont wish to winge or criticise or be negative, only to inform others if it helps. I am still not in the build.

The current order contract signing process does not match the degree of thought and investment gone into the design or build of the Grenie and is dissappointing without a customer first focus. Why they did'nt adopt a more mature IT solution or even follow best practice, with a more secure log in account system while purchasing a vehicle for over $100,000 from a A$3 Billion company solution is beyond me, as then they would have a direct link with their customers.

First attempt contract signing. I did not recieve any information or communication to use the '000' before the actual order # as a code to log into contract signing. So I must have corrupted the log in (after 3 attempts). The 'Doco sign' corruption issue is well known with others o/s.

Second attempt it took a month to rectify the previous contract. After gaining accees, someone at Customer Support had 'rebuilt/edited' my contract doc manually for signing, yet it was nowhere near matching my order, colour etc. and did not match the current online configuration!

Third attempt same again, items were left off and with the incorect pricing, still requires amending before I will sign.

WARNING : Before signing your contract, read everything a few times over! I strongly suggest print off first. Then compare with your own configuration printed from the online site. Noting the prices of accessories have risen since placing the first deposit and order contrary to INEOS commuincation to honour those prices of original orders remain.

Accessory prices shouldn’t have risen for you if you paid your deposit before the price jump…

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What exactly is contract signing?
I thought thats done when the vehicle is delivered.
Is it like the order sheet?
Do you pay more money at that point?
I thought we pay a deposit then when the vehicle arrives you actually buy it.
I know im missing something.
Ignoring reservation.
1. You pay your deposit
2. They send you a contract binding you to purchase
3. They build your Grenadier
4. They send you an invoice and ask you to pay
5. You collect your Grenadier.

Note / Disclaimer:
Items 2, 3 and 4 above maybe or may not be interchangeable depending on how incompetent Ineos is on the day. There may also be some minths gap between these time stages.

Caution:
Based on experience gleaned from this forum, it is STRONGLY advised that you DO NOT pay for your vehicle until the dealer / agent has confirmed it has been PDI’d and is physically ready for collection without fault.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From an INEOS Australia email on 23 May 2023 giving a broad timetable:

Screenshot 2023-06-08 14.49.57.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Hi
I must be the luckiest person out there as so far everything has gone perfectly. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself)
This is hwat I received to sign my contract

1686201295816.png

Back
Top Bottom