The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Advice on cancelling contract

Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Good day,

I had communicated to my dealership that I wanted to have my deposit returned, and would stick with my Defender.

Unfortunately, today I have just received the contract for signing.

Any advice, from those that have been here before please, as to how best to terminate the contract and avoid lengthy deposit return delays?

Thanks.

PS. No need for the INEOS fan boyz to comment :)

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Good day,

I had communicated to my dealership that I wanted to have my deposit returned, and would stick with my Defender.

Unfortunately, today I have just received the contract for signing.

Any advice, from those that have been here before please, as to how best to terminate the contract and avoid lengthy deposit return delays?

Thanks.

PS. No need for the INEOS fan boyz to comment :)
If you do not wish to proceed, do not sign the contract. Contact your dealer, explain why and cancel the order.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
explain why
I don't think he has to.

But IF you (Fastrunn3r) do : Then be so kind and tell them that they seem to have failed entirely with communication, customer support and parts availability, and that you have thus completely lost confidence.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can also just use the website to ask for your deposit back If you’d prefer not to speak to the dealer, or anyone.
But I also agree it would be ok to give Ineos your reason/s.
Sorry that you’re not continuing, but everyone has their own situation and decisons to make.
the deposit has always been completely refundable, you’re not asking for anything exceptional to the process.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My suggestion was based on 20 years in complaints handling and a conversation I have with my INEOS dealer 2 weeks ago about cancelled orders.

Being respectful but disappointed keeps your Dealer on side. You need the Dealer to help with the process. You can always escalate later if nothing happens. I am assuming you have a decent dealer.

If you start by throwing a throw a "grenade" as suggested by emax, you put the dealer offside and how do you escalate after that? OK, I understand the frustration but I am focused on what is best for you now.

You want a quick refund with the least hassle, you choose, because you wear the consequences.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses.

Dealer has been terrible, and a further example of their unsatisfactory communication.

I liked Emax's suggestions. It is exactly why I do not want to proceed - not interested in having to deal with any of the myriad of problems highlighted on this website.

Cheers.

Local time
Reaction score
I used ChatGPT (and Emax's suggestions) - good first cut! :)

Dear Ineos Grenadier Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction and disappointment with the entire purchasing process and experience related to the Ineos Grenadier. After careful consideration and numerous attempts to address my concerns, I have lost complete confidence in both the vehicle and the manufacturer.

Despite my initial excitement about the Ineos Grenadier, the poor communication, subpar customer support, and ongoing issues with parts availability have led me to reevaluate my decision to purchase this vehicle. I have documented the following key issues that have contributed to my decision:

1. Poor Communication: Throughout the purchasing process, I have encountered significant delays and a lack of transparency regarding delivery timelines, order status, and other critical information. The lack of timely and accurate communication has been frustrating and has eroded my trust in the brand.
  2. Inadequate Customer Support: My attempts to seek assistance and resolve issues with my order have been met with inconsistent and unhelpful customer support. The lack of effective support channels and the inability to promptly address concerns have added to my frustration.
  3. Parts Availability: It has been particularly concerning to experience delays and uncertainty regarding parts availability for the Ineos Grenadier. A reliable supply of parts is essential for the long-term ownership and maintenance of any vehicle, and the ongoing challenges in this regard have raised significant doubts about the vehicle's reliability.
Due to these ongoing issues and the overall lack of confidence I have in the Ineos Grenadier and the manufacturer, I regretfully inform you that I do not wish to proceed with the purchase of the vehicle. I kindly request the cancellation of the contract and the prompt return of my deposit.

I believe this decision is in the best interest of both parties, as it will allow me to explore other options that better align with my expectations for a vehicle purchase, and it will provide Ineos Grenadier with an opportunity to address the concerns I have raised to improve the overall customer experience.

Please confirm the cancellation of my contract and provide details on the timeline for the return of my deposit. I appreciate your attention to this matter and hope that this process can be resolved as swiftly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I used ChatGPT (and Emax's suggestions) - good first cut! :)

Dear Ineos Grenadier Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction and disappointment with the entire purchasing process and experience related to the Ineos Grenadier. After careful consideration and numerous attempts to address my concerns, I have lost complete confidence in both the vehicle and the manufacturer.

Despite my initial excitement about the Ineos Grenadier, the poor communication, subpar customer support, and ongoing issues with parts availability have led me to reevaluate my decision to purchase this vehicle. I have documented the following key issues that have contributed to my decision:

1. Poor Communication: Throughout the purchasing process, I have encountered significant delays and a lack of transparency regarding delivery timelines, order status, and other critical information. The lack of timely and accurate communication has been frustrating and has eroded my trust in the brand.
  2. Inadequate Customer Support: My attempts to seek assistance and resolve issues with my order have been met with inconsistent and unhelpful customer support. The lack of effective support channels and the inability to promptly address concerns have added to my frustration.
  3. Parts Availability: It has been particularly concerning to experience delays and uncertainty regarding parts availability for the Ineos Grenadier. A reliable supply of parts is essential for the long-term ownership and maintenance of any vehicle, and the ongoing challenges in this regard have raised significant doubts about the vehicle's reliability.
Due to these ongoing issues and the overall lack of confidence I have in the Ineos Grenadier and the manufacturer, I regretfully inform you that I do not wish to proceed with the purchase of the vehicle. I kindly request the cancellation of the contract and the prompt return of my deposit.

I believe this decision is in the best interest of both parties, as it will allow me to explore other options that better align with my expectations for a vehicle purchase, and it will provide Ineos Grenadier with an opportunity to address the concerns I have raised to improve the overall customer experience.

Please confirm the cancellation of my contract and provide details on the timeline for the return of my deposit. I appreciate your attention to this matter and hope that this process can be resolved as swiftly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.
Personally I wouldn't include point 3 as it is not something you have experienced yet.
They can legitimately ask you which parts you ordered, when and how long did they take to get to you.
I think the first two are enough.

PS I totally agree with point 3 but lawyers wouldn't

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You don't even have a contract?

You've literally agreed to nothing, have suffered no loss, are seeking nothing other than your deposit, and are complaining about it.

There's a button online to return deposit.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

You've literally agreed to nothing, have suffered no loss, are seeking nothing other than your deposit, and are complaining about it.

Perhaps we can get ChatGPT to write a poem about Seagulls?

Reactions: Sam
Local time
Reaction score

I received the contract last night Fan boi.

$5000 - it's called opportunity cost.

Local time
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't include point 3 as it is not something you have experienced yet.
They can legitimately ask you which parts you ordered, when and how long did they take to get to you.
I think the first two are enough.

PS I totally agree with point 3 but lawyers wouldn't
Absolutely fair points - I am going to modify it to the current situation ie have contract, will not sign and whilst not personally experiencing this issues, they appear too common for me. I might come back in a few years, if the brand survives, but unfortunately I don't think it will.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I can read well enough to know that if I didn't sign a contract, then there is no contract to terminate.
A typical response from what I have seen of this forum - clearly didn't read the part about fan boiz not asked to respond.

Fair point - I just want to make sure I get my deposit back without complications. Perhaps order would have been a better description, but I do have a contract sitting in my inbox.

Word.

Last edited:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received the contract last night Fan boi.

$5000 - it's called opportunity cost.
Your letter shows a failure to understand, as others said several times, that you have no contract. Being sent one is not relevant unless you signed and returned it. By asking to void the contract in your letter you are going to make it take longer. Abusing people trying, many times over, to tell you that all you have to do is click refund in the website is uncalled for. You’re clearly upset, and looking for an argument with ineos, maybe other people to share your outrage.
just get your deposit back, and buy something you want. People trying to politely help you dont deserve insults.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
I can read well enough to know that if I didn't sign a contract, then there is no contract to terminate.
That might be the normal case, but we have posts on here from people who say they have never signed a contract but Ineos holds a signed contract...

Edit: and for balance, people who have signed a contract who Ineos don't know have signed a contract:
Thread 'Funny phone call from Ineos' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/funny-phone-call-from-ineos.12413109/

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
Keep it simple. Just ask for the return of your initial payment which was probably just a reservation fee.
There is, in my opinion, no need to explain anything, plus the reality is that all the chat on here is just chat with all the worrying stuff not fully explained by either the buyer or the seller. NOT A CRITICISM of anyone posting, I’ve had similar concerns.
Doing more than that through a third party dealer is risky and unfair if you are wrong in what you say.
Pity you aren’t buying as it is a great vehicle and is way better than a traditional 110 or 90 and is a very different type of vehicle to new Defender or any other current JLR product.
I hope you get to try a Grenadier or Quartermaster for a good length of time, suspect you’ll really like it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
You could write "... cancel the procedure".

Apart from that ...
It has been particularly concerning to experience delays and uncertainty regarding parts availability for the Ineos Grenadier.
I can't see any claim that he personally had such issues. But it is obvious and publicly known that there are such issues. And I can add to this: My safari window seals are after two months still not available, and today I heard that it will likely take an unpredictable time until they are available. My sidesteps took almost three months to arrive, as did my camping table and the rubber mats.

So the letter only summarizes was would have to be expected and it is founded on solid facts.

Good answer imho.

And I don't understand the problem with the agent. The letter and complaints will be addressed to INEOS, not the agent. If an agent is upset about such well-founded reasons that aren't even directed at him, he's just an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom