The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Contract signing - major issues

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
I signed my contract and then mine went into production a few weeks later.
Received and signed contract on 26th April
Website updated on 11th June to say it was in Production.
I was advised on 27th June that my vehicle was at the docks awaiting a vessel.
Update from dealer on 10th July that vehicle was in transit and expected to arrive on 2nd September at docks.
Updated from dealer yesterday that new arrival date at docks is 9th July and it is on vessel Traviata.
Website is still showing in production

View attachment 7821908View attachment 7821909View attachment 7821910
My contract was eventually successfull and signed in May (not via the Website as still showing contract is void), however I have been assured by the agent I hadnt lost my position in the que and the contract is current, still no update on production status to date.

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Now I am very pleased to post, was just informed by my agent that my Grenie is on the truck bound for Holland!! :) #4793 (I think)
(I just hope there arent any EV's also on baord) :eek:

(y)
So your VIN # ends in 4793?

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mate, the "BROMANCE" began back in 2000 hearing about the Grenie! Keenly following development like most here. Have to admit it will be my 9th 4B most likely my forever pride & toy. Lets just say I have learnt heaps from past experiences that includes drowning my first following my first 4x4 Club President down stream! Fortunately no damage, just pride.

After 40+ years of off road mainly in 3 4x4 Clubs later to remote places, the very best 'sweet spot' of various makes and models, I have truly missed my 'Goldilocks' was my new 1999 Land Rover Disco Series II TD5 Diesel. With Body on Chassis, perm 4x4, coils all round, solid rear axle, actually reliable, rugard, a 3.5t tow, had a good range, not too big or too heavy, was just right. Fitted raised air intake, rock sliders with a 2" lift, it went almost every where I needed in reasonable comfort. Sound familiar?

Yes been looking foward to a 'real' 4x4 ever since! (Wont disclose previous 4x4s, wouldnt wish for the feedback!) :)

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My experience was that they kept building orders even without a signed contract. However, we are taking about IA and that means there is no foreseeable logic in their doing.
That was exactly my experience. Mine was built and shipped and I got the contract close to the time the ship docked into Australia. My local agent and the Ineos team were very relaxed about it, and after confirming the spec was mine, I wasn't too worried about it either. It all worked out fine, and I now have a vehicle that I love for the last week. It certainly isn't how I normally buy a car or do business, but then this isn't exactly a normal car either. I'm sure in time things will become more normalised, but for early adopters, this kind of thing I'm sure is par for the course. Remember when the first mobile phones came out (pre iPhone I'm talking about the bricks...) and how complicated they were to buy, but fabulous to use back in the day. I see the grenadier in much the same way. It's a retro truck built in a modern age. Well done to Ineos for going down this path and not the JLR mass volume soft-roader route that the defender has gone down.

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
CONTRACT NOW VOID

Could you guys imagine when I finally recieved an email to say "Contract Signing" click here? Got my heart pumping!

You guys need to know these instructions below in italics as is fundamental prior to hitting button to sign contract.

Well I clicked the linked ( twice) it corrupted something in that screen, then a message - contract is now void!

Beware, I had never received any prior email or instructions about any CODE.

Rocked my confidence.

So sent off an email to INEOS support, recieved a reply then giving instructions ( just a tad too late).

Apparently they will now reset my contract ( it's been a few days), not holding my breath.

"To confirm the access code it asks for is your order number with 000 before this, so for yourself you would need to input 000 *insert order number*.
I have had the same issue twice now with the docusign digital envelope expiring before I could successfully open the contract to read it.
Helpline staff in Victoria are helpful and apologetic. They escalate to a manager but it is frustrating. Hopefully 3rd time lucky! and
hopefully Ineos get this wrinkle out of the ordering system soon!

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I signed my contract and then mine went into production a few weeks later.
Received and signed contract on 26th April
Website updated on 11th June to say it was in Production.
I was advised on 27th June that my vehicle was at the docks awaiting a vessel.
Update from dealer on 10th July that vehicle was in transit and expected to arrive on 2nd September at docks.
Updated from dealer yesterday that new arrival date at docks is 9th July and it is on vessel Traviata.
Website is still showing in production

View attachment 7821908View attachment 7821909View attachment 7821910
DaveB i have had my car now for 4000km's. Picked it up in July but my portal still shows it as in production. I don't put any faith at all into the account screen.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB i have had my car now for 4000km's. Picked it up in July but my portal still shows it as in production. I don't put any faith at all into the account screen.
Mine is showing as in production.
I assume they have some of Santa's helpers or Oompa Loompas on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom