The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Contract signing - major issues

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
CONTRACT NOW VOID

Could you guys imagine when I finally recieved an email to say "Contract Signing" click here? Got my heart pumping!

You guys need to know these instructions below in italics as is fundamental prior to hitting button to sign contract.

Well I clicked the linked ( twice) it corrupted something in that screen, then a message - contract is now void!

Beware, I had never received any prior email or instructions about any CODE.

Rocked my confidence.

So sent off an email to INEOS support, recieved a reply then giving instructions ( just a tad too late).

Apparently they will now reset my contract ( it's been a few days), not holding my breath.

"To confirm the access code it asks for is your order number with 000 before this, so for yourself you would need to input 000 *insert order number*.

eddyoz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
I went through the same,after using the order number 000526.... from original reservation paid.....contract failed.
Requested contract reset,new number 000532....lost early adopter status and gained price increase.
So check the reservation is the same as original!

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do believe the INEOS team are trying their best - but it saddens me the communication/information is both scattered and limited - One point, I don't live in Melbourne, so I don't give a toss about emails concerning Polo... Ineos need to sift their data so we get information about us: Not some dude in Toorak or a photographer in tight jeans in Tamworth... (no offence meant to either!) In our business, we want at least one unit to get going. We will/may want extra when the ute derivatives arrive... This is business! We are all paying real money for "our" personalised vehicle!

But the lack of polish continues... The Grenadier forum at least highlights parts of what seems awry...
I paid my 5K deposit back in August 2022, and since then, my configuration (apparently) - well, it had a whoopsie; that order was cancelled, a problem not of my doing. I had to visit my local Agent to Reorder and then get a new version.. this was in Feb 2023 - They even swiped my credit card again!... INSTANTLY that showed the lack of polish... One of my allocated "booked" times at the dealership was gate-crashed by others. People just barged in like JLR or AUDI owners!
This is not a game; in our case, a Grenadier is a business tool, but the buying-receiving and driving away process is peeving a few people off... So much simple stuff has gone off the rails... a need for more thought and courtesy in communication. Sales and marketing fluff is flowing - much is pointless without credible back-office basics. Now to read of the "000" issue ... I am not even that lucky!

Yes, I do believe in the vehicle; it does impress me... A bloody meaningful project, but these mistakes with configurations and contracts are like something from Fraggle Rock!
My Grandfather was a Grenadier and a Scot.... hence the busby on my avatar - he would have (the right) people in place to resolve these issues - so many people are frustrated... and are things improving? Promised dates keep passing... Enough grumbling - I want vehicles to do a job for me and my people ...

As an aside.. I see that my contract is signed. I have seen nothing.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
A good mate of mine who doesn’t do social media by the way still has not received a contract even though he ordered only two a weeks after me. My vehicle is at the dealers and I should receive next week. Despite several calls to his appointed agent and Ineos directly they have no clue when he will get a contract. I don’t think anyone has worked out how Ineos prioritise production of individual vehicles. I thought orders wer based on reservation date but not so sure.

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A good mate of mine who doesn’t do social media by the way still has not received a contract even though he ordered only two a weeks after me. ...
I must admit I laugh about the issues we are all facing, I find it very sad for Sir James and his key people, those with him from day one. They created a dream so many of us have embraced. Much they did so well.
An engineer recently told me my method on a process was wrong, - 'his computer' had made calculations that were correct... With a paper scrap and a pencil (and fingers), I noted that his calculations were out by four months. He did not apologise. Funny, like an old carpenter, who measures twice and remembers what part of the wood to cut ... I was hopeless with a dovetail joint, technology has improved some processes but not all.
Hopefully, a bottle of good gin may be in the glovebox when my Grenadier arrives!

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I went through the same,after using the order number 000526.... from original reservation paid.....contract failed.
Requested contract reset,new number 000532....lost early adopter status and gained price increase.
So check the reservation is the same as original!
I'm told by my agent that I still hold my line in the que as early adopter as contract freezes (wish the members in this site actually knew difference between an agent than traditional dealer).

Fingers crossed hey?

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
I do believe the INEOS team are trying their best - but it saddens me the communication/information is both scattered and limited - One point, I don't live in Melbourne, so I don't give a toss about emails concerning Polo... Ineos need to sift their data so we get information about us: Not some dude in Toorak or a photographer in tight jeans in Tamworth... (no offence meant to either!) In our business, we want at least one unit to get going. We will/may want extra when the ute derivatives arrive... This is business! We are all paying real money for "our" personalised vehicle!

But the lack of polish continues... The Grenadier forum at least highlights parts of what seems awry...
I paid my 5K deposit back in August 2022, and since then, my configuration (apparently) - well, it had a whoopsie; that order was cancelled, a problem not of my doing. I had to visit my local Agent to Reorder and then get a new version.. this was in Feb 2023 - They even swiped my credit card again!... INSTANTLY that showed the lack of polish... One of my allocated "booked" times at the dealership was gate-crashed by others. People just barged in like JLR or AUDI owners!
This is not a game; in our case, a Grenadier is a business tool, but the buying-receiving and driving away process is peeving a few people off... So much simple stuff has gone off the rails... a need for more thought and courtesy in communication. Sales and marketing fluff is flowing - much is pointless without credible back-office basics. Now to read of the "000" issue ... I am not even that lucky!

Yes, I do believe in the vehicle; it does impress me... A bloody meaningful project, but these mistakes with configurations and contracts are like something from Fraggle Rock!
My Grandfather was a Grenadier and a Scot.... hence the busby on my avatar - he would have (the right) people in place to resolve these issues - so many people are frustrated... and are things improving? Promised dates keep passing... Enough grumbling - I want vehicles to do a job for me and my people ...

As an aside.. I see that my contract is signed. I have seen nothing.
Well said

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
I'm told by my agent that I still hold my line in the que as early adopter as contract freezes (wish the members in this site actually knew difference between an agent than traditional dealer).

Fingers crossed hey?
Ive been told the same thing but what is this Contract Freezing business? I hold my position for a build this month but so far no contract. Are they building but not handing out contracts at the moment?

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
CONTRACT NOW VOID

Could you guys imagine when I finally recieved an email to say "Contract Signing" click here? Got my heart pumping!

You guys need to know these instructions below in italics as is fundamental prior to hitting button to sign contract.

Well I clicked the linked ( twice) it corrupted something in that screen, then a message - contract is now void!

Beware, I had never received any prior email or instructions about any CODE.

Rocked my confidence.

So sent off an email to INEOS support, recieved a reply then giving instructions ( just a tad too late).

Apparently they will now reset my contract ( it's been a few days), not holding my breath.

"To confirm the access code it asks for is your order number with 000 before this, so for yourself you would need to input 000 *insert order number*.
This happened to me in February as well, due to the zeros in the reservation number. Ineos immediately canceled my request and I re-signed without losing my position...

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ive been told the same thing but what is this Contract Freezing business? I hold my position for a build this month but so far no contract. Are they building but not handing out contracts at the moment?

My experience was that they kept building orders even without a signed contract. However, we are taking about IA and that means there is no foreseeable logic in their doing.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

today i received my contract for signature.

I'm used to reading everything calmly ON PAPER and not on video.

I can't find a way to print it. do you think it is possible?

Thank you

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

today i received my contract for signature.

I'm used to reading everything calmly ON PAPER and not on video.

I can't find a way to print it. do you think it is possible?

Thank you
Print it from DocSign it is one of the options in the "download" drop down box

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, they are sometimes building without contracts in place, mainly for the first /early order holders. I’d guess that the contracting process was more complex early on; I think if you ordered later you’re going to get contract before build, but there seems to be a big focus on just getting us early supporters in cars.
cancelled cars will just become demos, or be offered to someone else in the queue if the spec matches, should anyone back out. But most of us want in, not out!
does your agent tell you yours has a vin yet Les?

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A good mate of mine who doesn’t do social media by the way still has not received a contract even though he ordered only two a weeks after me. My vehicle is at the dealers and I should receive next week. Despite several calls to his appointed agent and Ineos directly they have no clue when he will get a contract. I don’t think anyone has worked out how Ineos prioritise production of individual vehicles. I thought orders wer based on reservation date but not so sure.
There does seem to be 2 things messing with the reservation order. One is that cancellations can get matched to the next person to share the same specifications, so effectively you can get brought forwards. The other is that, for reasons that no-one seems to understand, production scheduling can slip any specific vehicle, most likely due to some element of the spec not being available at exactly the right time (but this is apparently not as simple as short supply on one option). Best guess is that this is a mix of new systems, and ongoing patchy supply of lots of inputs. Although both of these should be pretty much fixed… we hope!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, they are sometimes building without contracts in place, mainly for the first /early order holders. I’d guess that the contracting process was more complex early on; I think if you ordered later you’re going to get contract before build, but there seems to be a big focus on just getting us early supporters in cars.
cancelled cars will just become demos, or be offered to someone else in the queue if the spec matches, should anyone back out. But most of us want in, not out!
I signed my contract and then mine went into production a few weeks later.
Received and signed contract on 26th April
Website updated on 11th June to say it was in Production.
I was advised on 27th June that my vehicle was at the docks awaiting a vessel.
Update from dealer on 10th July that vehicle was in transit and expected to arrive on 2nd September at docks.
Updated from dealer yesterday that new arrival date at docks is 9th July and it is on vessel Traviata.
Website is still showing in production

1690842125755.png1690842150491.png1690842230022.png

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
James I wouldn't know how to spell VIN or what to do with it. No, don't have a VIN but know what ship its on as it passes down the west coast of Africa on its way to Durban and then to Brisbane. (Previously I was thinking another ship but Ineos put me straight on that matter)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
James I wouldn't know how to spell VIN or what to do with it. No, don't have a VIN but know what ship its on as it passes down the west coast of Africa on its way to Durban and then to Brisbane. (Previously I was thinking another ship but Ineos put me straight on that matter)
If it's on a boat I would assume the agent knows that and has the VIN (vehicle ID number) in his records.
I'd give them a call.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
If it's on a boat I would assume the agent knows that and has the VIN (vehicle ID number) in his records.
I'd give them a call.
Hi there Tazzieman, It was in fact the IA Rep in Brisbane who gave me the shipping details. They also informed me when it was built and it was hanging around the factory and the port for about 6-7 weeks before departing on board the ship destined for Brisbane. Wont be in Brisbane until around the 16th Sept.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We must be on the same ship??

Back
Top Bottom