The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Servicing Price Australia

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Bosch Service Centres being offical Ineos service centres? That all seems to have gone quiet since being announced before the cars started arriving and my local one was yet to hear anything when they did the wiring for my solar install.
I think that is a dead in the water idea. No word at all regarding this going ahead down here SEQLD.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
Similar price suggested at Brisbane, but apparently ALL oils and a number of filters are replaced, and they said the oils used aren’t cheap.
I suppose when it gets close I might get a list to try and justify it.

Hey @trobex are you enjoying it? How’s the footrest, learning to live with it?
Looked into cost of expendables/parts, from what I can see they are:
- Oil - $80 for 5L, so call it $120 if you stick with Petronas, I guess this is the recommended oil due to Ineos' relationship with the Mercedes F1 team, same grade oils from other producers can be bought for $50 for 5L (so $75) at your local Repco etc.
- Oil filter - $30 for a BMW filter from BMW
- Air filter - $90 (K&N sell aftermarket washable filters for $150, might do this and ask to keep the original filter as a spare)
- Cabin air filter - can't find a price for this but wouldn't expect it to cost more than an engine air filter
- Diff oil - $20-50 depending on producer
- Wiper blade refills - $20

So probably $300 in expendables/parts.

Looking at the service document sent through by Michael H I don't see this being more than 2 hours work at $150/H, so $600 (plus cabin air filter) all up. Not sure where the additional ~$700 is going...

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Agent say they charge based on the Ineos recommended rate which is $810 for the first service.
If any dealer just based this 1st service rate on what IA is saying... then that is poor business and none of you should just accept the blatant cop-out. If someone tells me "the cost is the cost because someone else said" - I end the conversation immediately and I take my hard earned elsewhere. It's how I've done business for 22 years. Anyone got pricing from SLRV - I'm getting my quote sorted tomorrow. I'll advise soon as I have it.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Agent say they charge based on the Ineos recommended rate which is $810 for the first service.
I would accept that! Not cheap but when compared to Toyota equivalents with shorter servicing intervals it would work out OK.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
Looked into cost of expendables/parts, from what I can see they are:
- Oil - $80 for 5L, so call it $120 if you stick with Petronas, I guess this is the recommended oil due to Ineos' relationship with the Mercedes F1 team, same grade oils from other producers can be bought for $50 for 5L (so $75) at your local Repco etc.
- Oil filter - $30 for a BMW filter from BMW
- Air filter - $90 (K&N sell aftermarket washable filters for $150, might do this and ask to keep the original filter as a spare)
- Cabin air filter - can't find a price for this but wouldn't expect it to cost more than an engine air filter
- Diff oil - $20-50 depending on producer
- Wiper blade refills - $20

So probably $300 in expendables/parts.

Looking at the service document sent through by Michael H I don't see this being more than 2 hours work at $150/H, so $600 (plus cabin air filter) all up. Not sure where the additional ~$700 is going...
Cabin Air Filter is $141.96

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Comparable service costs based on BMW engine.
BMW servicing deals must be paid up front and cover for 5 years but no diff oils.
Compare the X5 at $3,450 for the basic pack.
No mention of what the Plus+ pack costs.
this is also condition based servicing so if the engine computer says the oil doesn't need changing it doesn't happen.
1714973600056.jpg1714973664949.jpg

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Comparable service costs based on BMW engine.
BMW servicing deals must be paid up front and cover for 5 years but no diff oils.
Compare the X5 at $3,450 for the basic pack.
No mention of what the Plus+ pack costs.
this is also condition based servicing so if the engine computer says the oil doesn't need changing it doesn't happen.
View attachment 7855962View attachment 7855963
Thanks for this, so about $700 a year for a comparable BMW, about half the price I've been quoted! I just want log book servicing for warranty, will sort out any other issues myself...

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If any dealer just based this 1st service rate on what IA is saying... then that is poor business and none of you should just accept the blatant cop-out. If someone tells me "the cost is the cost because someone else said" - I end the conversation immediately and I take my hard earned elsewhere. It's how I've done business for 22 years. Anyone got pricing from SLRV - I'm getting my quote sorted tomorrow. I'll advise soon as I have it.
I cannot imagine an Ineos approved shop doing it for LESS than what Ineos recommend.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just got an answer back from the dealer, prices below:
Oil - $145 (RRP for recommended oil is $80 for 5L, need 7.5L, $120)
Oil filter - $80 (local BMW dealer quoted me $30)
Sump plug washer - $10 (probably get a 20 pack at Repco for less)
Diff oil - $120 (WTF! Has 2.1L F & R, can get 4L for $40-50 at Repco)
Cabin air filter - $220 (can't argue, don't know if it's common with another car I can get one from)
Water separator (assume this is part of fuel filter system?) - $120

Total parts price - 575 (at excessive pricing)

Service price - $1100 (seem to have brought it down because of my complaining)

Said they only need the car for a couple of hours so it looks like $525 for 2 hours of labour on top of rip off expendable/parts prices!

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you have a diesel motor, it will be Water Separator Filter Part No: GRA3E12019770, which cost me 71.40 +plus GST in Feb. Thread here.

Not sure of the petrol filter cost.
I'm diesel, so looks like the servicing dealer is taking me for a $50 (near on double the price!) ride there too...

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I cannot imagine an Ineos approved shop doing it for LESS than what Ineos recommend.
I can - when enough people take business elsewhere and lesson learned; do not accept the status quo in this market.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Cabin air filter - $220 (can't argue, don't know if it's common with another car I can get one from)

Said they only need the car for a couple of hours so it looks like $525 for 2 hours of labour on top of rip off expendable/parts prices!
As I said - this is a $600 service including the few hours it takes to complete the task. They are charging you double what they pay for the supplied parts - how do we know - well good to know ask a mech from another shop what the service materials are worth. I'll find out tomorrow from local IA agent, will report back.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score

10 effing dollars for a washer?! I think the crush washers come with the oil filters anyway.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
10 effing dollars for a washer?! I think the crush washers come with the oil filters anyway.
I've always re-used the old ones. On my Porsches and S3 Landy...just sand 'em flat

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for this, so about $700 a year for a comparable BMW, about half the price I've been quoted! I just want log book servicing for warranty, will sort out any other issues myself...
I was quoted $1,300 from Brisbane and $930 from Sunshine Coast.
Not $700 per year for BMW, it is "on demand" so they may end up doing nothing at all.
That is the problem I had with my wife's Mini.
She was doing fairly low mileage so the vehicle didn't get serviced for two years.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That sort of pricing disparity is a bit concerning.
Yes, it lost me as a customer.
I also expect a loan vehicle, which is what i am getting, and also expect the vehicle to be washed inside and out.
$930 is still the most expensive service I can recall but in this case there is warranty work to be done and i believe a couple of silent recalls as well as software update for the display.
I previously had my Mercedes serviced at a non dealer and missed out on three silent recalls.

Back
Top Bottom