The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Servicing Price Australia

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

Had a search but couldn't find any other relevant posts/threads but if there are please point me towards them!

Just got a quote for my 1Y/15,000KM service, $1300+ (couldn't provided a fixed amount)! For reference a 70 series Landcruiser (similar design/use) is $425 while a 300 series Landcruiser (similar price) is $400, where's the extra $900 going?

As someone who does a lot of KMs I don't want to be spending $3K a year on log book servicing, especially when the 2 alternatives I had to the Grenadier cost less than 1/3 of that!

Cheers,

Paul

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
Mate, that is a total rip off... is that your local "IA agent" doing such a quote?? I just had my D-MAX serviced 15Ks for $347 including filter/oil etc. I am also coming up on 15K service for the Gren... so I will be checking these costs first with Agent and if that is the status quo then I will be pissed. I have a few gremlins to be attended to at the service, so in that case, I may separate the two things entirely. Gremlins 1st... service 2nd, so no one double dipping my wallet.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mate, that is a total rip off... is that your local "IA agent" doing such a quote?? I just had my D-MAX serviced 15Ks for $347 including filter/oil etc. I am also coming up on 15K service for the Gren... so I will be checking these costs first with Agent and if that is the status quo then I will be pissed. I have a few gremlins to be attended to at the service, so in that case, I may separate the two things entirely. Gremlins 1st... service 2nd, so no one double dipping my wallet.
Hey,

Not really sure where I stand with a local agent, I'm in Adelaide but our original agent got shut down a few weeks ago and moved everything to a sister Nissan/Suzuki dealer. Did get an email from Ineos saying they've got a new partnership for our region coming up with more info to come in a week or so. Shame as our agent was really good, staff knew all the people and the workshop guys had tonnes of knowledge...

I'm far from impressed with the servicing via the new agent though, going to keep my service booking to have some warranty/recall work done and a general look over that should be free but take it elsewhere for a log-book service.

Cheers,

Paul

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey,

Not really sure where I stand with a local agent, I'm in Adelaide but our original agent got shut down a few weeks ago and moved everything to a sister Nissan/Suzuki dealer. Did get an email from Ineos saying they've got a new partnership for our region coming up with more info to come in a week or so. Shame as our agent was really good, staff knew all the people and the workshop guys had tonnes of knowledge...

I'm far from impressed with the servicing via the new agent though, going to keep my service booking to have some warranty/recall work done and a general look over that should be free but take it elsewhere for a log-book service.

Cheers,

Paul
Have asked the new agent for a breakdown of parts & labour costs for a 1Y/15,000KM service to justify the price. No response so far but will update if/when I get one!

Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

Had a search but couldn't find any other relevant posts/threads but if there are please point me towards them!

Just got a quote for my 1Y/15,000KM service, $1300+ (couldn't provided a fixed amount)! For reference a 70 series Landcruiser (similar design/use) is $425 while a 300 series Landcruiser (similar price) is $400, where's the extra $900 going?

As someone who does a lot of KMs I don't want to be spending $3K a year on log book servicing, especially when the 2 alternatives I had to the Grenadier cost less than 1/3 of that!

Cheers,

Paul
70 series is every 10k six months, every 20k is a wheel bearing repack which is really only needed in severe service operation. A LC70 costs about $500 to $600 retail for all oils to do a full service.
$1300 for the first service on a Grenadier is pretty steep even if the only extra oils they change are the diffs. The labour rate and parts mark up must be high. If the first 15k service is $1300 the 105k service is going to be a killer when the transmission and coolant has to be changed. The ZF Lifeguard oil is about aud$55/L compared to Toyota WS trans fluid around $20/L and likely need around 10L to do a good trans service while just a refill only needs around 7L also the ZF integral filter pan around $300 to $600 depending on who is selling it and which transmission is fitted plus about $20 per 1.5L for genuine premix coolant and diff oil the 105K service is going to be pushing over aud $2000 as a rough estimate with out repairs.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
Similar price suggested at Brisbane, but apparently ALL oils and a number of filters are replaced, and they said the oils used aren’t cheap.
I suppose when it gets close I might get a list to try and justify it.

Hey @trobex are you enjoying it? How’s the footrest, learning to live with it?

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
70 series is every 10k six months, every 20k is a wheel bearing repack which is really only needed in severe service operation. A LC70 costs about $500 to $600 retail for all oils to do a full service.
$1300 for the first service on a Grenadier is pretty steep even if the only extra oils they change are the diffs. The labour rate and parts mark up must be high. If the first 15k service is $1300 the 105k service is going to be a killer when the transmission and coolant has to be changed. The ZF Lifeguard oil is about aud$55/L compared to Toyota WS trans fluid around $20/L and likely need around 10L to do a good trans service while just a refill only needs around 7L also the ZF integral filter pan around $300 to $600 depending on who is selling it and which transmission is fitted plus about $20 per 1.5L for genuine premix coolant and diff oil the 105K service is going to be pushing over aud $2000 as a rough estimate with out repairs.
70 series (and I think 300 series) are 10K so gotta give some leeway, Ineos could justify 50% more for a service with 15K intervals, so call it ~$600-ish. Still less than half of $1300+ (and unknown extras) I've been quoted...

Agent got back to me with a $200 discount if I don't want the wiper blade rubbers replaced. The rubbers and labour to do this, though not needed, is maybe $20...

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a quote from the Bris. dealer of A$980 a few weeks ago for the 12month/15K service. ... details to be advised...

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine's in for its first service at the moment in Melbourne - $850. Can't give you a breakdown yet but it includes front & rear diff oils, engine oil, filter, air filter. Engine oil is around $120 for 7 litres at retail. I'll post more detail when I get the vehicle back.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
Mine's in for its first service at the moment in Melbourne - $850. Can't give you a breakdown yet but it includes front & rear diff oils, engine oil, filter, air filter. Engine oil is around $120 for 7 litres at retail. I'll post more detail when I get the vehicle back.
That's a good price, isn't it? Cheaper than in Germany. Of course, the cost of living in both countries should not be disregarded.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Similar price suggested at Brisbane, but apparently ALL oils and a number of filters are replaced, and they said the oils used aren’t cheap.

Hey @trobex are you enjoying it? How’s the footrest, learning to live with it

Hey @trobex are you enjoying it? How’s the footrest, learning to live with it?
Still not sure where an extra $900 went on oil and filters vs a 300 series Landcruiser... It holds 6.5L of oil and short of the oil I use in my race bike I don't know of many oils much above $20/L which works out to $130. And I highly doubt the service centre is going to top it up with $20/L oil, they'll be filling it up with the bulk oil they get $2/L...

Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

Cheers,

Paul
Hi Paul,

Josh ( ex now closed Adelaide Hills mechanic ) told me he can do the schedule service as he is Ineos trained, and he now works for My Car, it may be worth giving him a call, as I am sure it will be far more reasonable, that is what I intend to do while the next 5 years my vehicle is under warrantee, and it will be pretty hard for Ineos to make an argument against a mechanic they have trained.

Steve.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is a $600 service ''max'' - in my view and surely. There is 4-hours in this (absolute tops for any half-assed diesel mech) + oils/filters etc which is not another $900 worth. At $800+ consistently, mine would go up for sale.

Hey Big - the footrest is not good but yes, I can manage it sometimes because honestly, I do not drive the Gren much because it is too uncomfortable in general for me with poor cabin feel and gave it to the wife as her fulltime vehicle.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Josh ( ex now closed Adelaide Hills mechanic ) told me he can do the schedule service as he is Ineos trained, and he now works for My Car, it may be worth giving him a call, as I am sure it will be far more reasonable, that is what I intend to do while the next 5 years my vehicle is under warrantee, and it will be pretty hard for Ineos to make an argument against a mechanic they have trained.

Steve.
G'day Steve,

Which mycar location is Josh at, I'll chat to him about a service.

Will still take it up to Bridgewater next week as it has some recalls and there's some things I want looked at under warranty. And the cooling system needs a full bleed/vacuum refill, I recently lost heating until about 15 minutes of running when I hear air clear from the heater core, this will be a warranty issue too.

Cheers,

Paul

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for this!

I don't see anything on there that's different to any other 4x4, aside from the diff oil change which isn't exactly much.
A bit depends on the type of oil your other 4x4 uses. My old 4wd used 5W40 which was more expensive than the 5W30 I used on my Land Rover. The 0W30 is even more expensive - like $120 vs $80.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A bit depends on the type of oil your other 4x4 uses. My old 4wd used 5W40 which was more expensive than the 5W30 I used on my Land Rover. The 0W30 is even more expensive - like $120 vs $80.
The $700 on top of what this service is actually worth might cause some frustration for many owners - without a doubt.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Bosch Service Centres being offical Ineos service centres? That all seems to have gone quiet since being announced before the cars started arriving and my local one was yet to hear anything when they did the wiring for my solar install.

Back
Top Bottom