The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Servicing Price Australia

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
I've always changed oil hot. Just off scalding sometimes. Wear 2 pairs of gloves and move quickly!
I installed an aftermarket tap valve on the main tank of my old 911 . So easy , no mess,

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
I understand that but the engine service practice is to drain the oil from the dipstick so they wouldn't touch the sump plug
I haven't found any information on that, though hI've only seen the oil drained from petrol ones online and this has been via the sump plug. And via the sump plug for the diesel in BMW applications. A sump plug crush washer is included with the BWM filter replacement kit too suggesting the sump plug has to come out as part of the drain.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Most oils are drained warm or hot. The car goes from the carpark to the rack the contaminates unless large or heavy will be suspended in the oil and the majority will drain with the oil proven by good oil sampling methods. If there is that much contamination that it settles in the sump before a cold drain it is very unlikely the the contaminants will drain with the oil as there is all ways some residual oil left in the sump. Very few vehicles are drained in a workshop stone cold or have been sitting overnight in the shop. Oil filters sit high for ease of servicing. An oil filter in every modern car engine is full flow so the first place the oil goes is through is the oil filter straight after the oil pump before going through the engine only bypass oil from a blocked filter or very cold high viscosity oil will go directly into an engine lubrication system without filtration. It also pays to start a turbo engine that has been sitting overnight prior to a service to lubricate the turbo (extends turbo life) so that it does have some lubrication prior to the new oil charging the system and new filter that may take a few seconds for some engines.
I didn't mean cold cold, but after the engine has rested for a bit for oil to drain dow from the head etc.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
your sump plug has been opened at least once . the factory plug has an aluminum crash washer . you obviously have a copper there so someone pulled the sump plug at somepoint .
Interesting, I haven't been able to find any pictures of an unopened sump but the OEM (from BMW) oil filter replacement kit comes with a copper crush washer, as do most 3rd party kits. It appears there is a couple of different filters used in the B57 with AUS and EU using different ones, part number and manufacture location at least, though I'd assume they are interchangeable and they could use different crush washers depending on market.

I've bought a Ryco oil filter kit to have my service redone by an independent, it was their recommendation having worked on these engines in BWMs, they said the BMW filter can disintegrate when you goto remove it and a quick search of the net backed up this claim. They also said Ryco guarantees their filters to be OEM quality or better so will cover damage done to the engine if something fails and it's found to be the fault of their oil filter which gives confidence.

There's also a good thread in this forum that looks at the available filter options in AUS (as well as showing the 2 different BMW options depending on market) and gives a review of each, Ryco were the only one to provide a filter rating, thanks to @TheDocAUS for putting this (and a lot more information) together!

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
Interesting, I haven't been able to find any pictures of an unopened sump but the OEM (from BMW) oil filter replacement kit comes with a copper crush washer, as do most 3rd party kits. It appears there is a couple of different filters used in the B57 with AUS and EU using different ones, part number and manufacture location at least, though I'd assume they are interchangeable and they could use different crush washers depending on market.

I've bought a Ryco oil filter kit to have my service redone by an independent, it was their recommendation having worked on these engines in BWMs, they said the BMW filter can disintegrate when you goto remove it and a quick search of the net backed up this claim. They also said Ryco guarantees their filters to be OEM quality or better so will cover damage done to the engine if something fails and it's found to be the fault of their oil filter which gives confidence.

There's also a good thread in this forum that looks at the available filter options in AUS (as well as showing the 2 different BMW options depending on market) and gives a review of each, Ryco were the only one to provide a filter rating, thanks to @TheDocAUS for putting this (and a lot more information) together!

You can see my oil change thread where i think i had a picture of the washer . Its on the forum .

Back
Top Bottom