The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which means, Davman, that customer cars must be "on water" right now for there to be April deliveries - as I recall Justin Hocevars saying the minimum voyage time is 8 weeks + 2 weeks at the port/agent.
I was told a couple of weeks ago that there was ”a small number” of customer vehicles for Australia on the dock waitin, I assume those are currently on the water, if that was correct

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Would be great to understand what the build dates were for the vehicles already on boats (if they actually are).
They started production when - November??? If that’s the case only November possibly December builds would be in transit?
I’m one of the few who would be ok with a delivery more in line with original estimates rather than them being brought forward a couple of months per last advice, but I get the frustration.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Same... clearly a few wrinkles, I don't mind a few months of ironing

and no Ineos premises yet here in Perth, from what I can tell. Clearly nothing is imminent

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which means, Davman, that customer cars must be "on water" right now for there to be April deliveries - as I recall Justin Hocevars saying the minimum voyage time is 8 weeks + 2 weeks at the port/agent.
Yeah @DaveB car is probably one of them.
It makes sense for them to get a few cars here ASAP, as that allows them to start marketing that cars "are now being delivered" to customers in Australia.
I also kind of recall that perhaps for the side impact requirements in Australia not applying to the Grenadier for another 18 months or so, would require INOES to be selling cars here before May - perhaps thats another reason why they need to get a few on the ground here.

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Well this is interesting. I was told there was a 6 month wait at the moment.

With that in mind I'm holding my order because I don't want a car this year. I've got an event I want to do in October and I don't want to have to set up a new car before it.

Next year we are unlikely to do any big trips so that would be a better year for a car for me than this one.

It would be **really** helpful if Ineos on their website put a estimated delivery time, or even like tesla a time range at least. Like order now and receive feb-may 2024. I could work with that.

Everyone telling you different versions of this.. It might be four months, six months, 12 months. Less than ideal. I don't think it's unreasonable for customers to want to know with reasonable confidence roughly when a car is going to arrive. Maybe this is just due to teething issues...

Local time
Reaction score
So I did a ride by of the local grenadier dealer near me this morning. 10am on Saturday morning. And everything was shut up tight, with a prototype sitting in the showroom. Far cry from when the first prototype arrived only a few weeks ago.

It would appear that everyone that who wanted to see a prototype has done so. What Ineos need now is to deliver customer cars and demonstrators to dealers.

I really don't know how the business model works but I reckon the cars flowing to Australia can't come soon enough. Over to you Ineos.

I reckon there are lots on the sidelines like myself waiting to see and drive a production car.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
I was just passing the Perth dealer in Burswood and stuck my head in. No cars just yet, furniture delivered and in boxes. The site is too small to accommodate workshops as well as the sales spaces so presume that’s being done elsewhere.

Anyway, I’d say it’s a fair few weeks off. Although, we are at the end of the universe so to be amongst the first few countries to take delivery is nice in itself…

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I did a ride by of the local grenadier dealer near me this morning. 10am on Saturday morning. And everything was shut up tight, with a prototype sitting in the showroom. Far cry from when the first prototype arrived only a few weeks ago.

It would appear that everyone that who wanted to see a prototype has done so. What Ineos need now is to deliver customer cars and demonstrators to dealers.

I really don't know how the business model works but I reckon the cars flowing to Australia can't come soon enough. Over to you Ineos.

I reckon there are lots on the sidelines like myself waiting to see and drive a production car.
Yeah I went by this morning to see what was there as I knew they’d moved the Scottish white to the coast - just the donney gray fieldmaster PT02 - nothing to see there.

I’m sure Martin and Randy are frothing at the bit to get a demo, although Martin didn’t think it would turn up til April. I suppose it’s just sit tight like the rest of us til then, although at least we don’t have to pay rent on rhe space waiting for ours to turn up.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I went by this morning to see what was there as I knew they’d moved the Scottish white to the coast - just the donney gray fieldmaster PT02 - nothing to see there.

I’m sure Martin and Randy are frothing at the bit to get a demo, although Martin didn’t think it would turn up til April. I suppose it’s just sit tight like the rest of us til then, although at least we don’t have to pay rent on rhe space waiting for ours to turn up.
Did they happen to offer an opinion as to when their first customer vehicles might be arriving? :rolleyes:

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Based on the email this morning it makes you wonder if any of our builds have even left the factory yet (mine was a January build, contract signed in November). If thats the case I can't see anyone getting theirs until probably June at this rate 😑

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am somewhat reliably informed mine was probably built a couple of weeks ago but it is in the batch and hold process. No idea how long that takes but if it is released say mid March and takes a couple of weeks to get to shipping that will be April. I think shortest shipping route is about 6 weeks, allow a couple of weeks for dealer delivery and we are June. But that is best case scenario, there are at least 4 places that could fall apart

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would be surprised if owner cars were actually on a boat here... I am just hoping this thing arrives in JUL/AUG as was planned as I have a SEP trip that I must use the vehicle for...

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would be surprised if owner cars were actually on a boat here... I am just hoping this thing arrives in JUL/AUG as was planned as I have a SEP trip that I must use the vehicle for...
By the sounds of it this brake light issue is a software update so probably no reason why you couldn’t ship the vehicle and have the agent perform the software update. That would be cheaper for Ineos than holding the vehicle as warehousing thousands of vehicles is not going to be cheap. Also there seem to be a few customer vehicles with UK agents so it looks like this is what’s happening.

Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
I tried to make a couple of changes to my config the other day via the agent. Agent said he couldn’t process because the order was ‘locked’ on his portal as within 60 days of construction ETA. He said I had to call IA direct to make changes.

Still not expecting within 6 months but a positive(ish) indication something is happening.

Should also say, I am in Australia and I ordered in July 2022 so was around 2 months after the orders opened.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just finished at the Victorian Drive day.

Spoke to Justin Hicevars for 30 minutes.

Got some good information from him.

On point; there 92 cars bound for Australia at the port being loaded.

These 92 cars are scheduled to arrive in Australia 17 April. They were to be delivered ti Melbourne bit because of the large quarantine delay they will be delivered to Newcastle.

To date approximately 1,300 customer cars have been manufactured.

The batch and hold process continues but not just because of software updates but also some part changes driven by quality control.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
By the sounds of it this brake light issue is a software update so probably no reason why you couldn’t ship the vehicle and have the agent perform the software update. That would be cheaper for Ineos than holding the vehicle as warehousing thousands of vehicles is not going to be cheap. Also there seem to be a few customer vehicles with UK agents so it looks like this is what’s happening.
That is a very unlikely reason to hold up a vehicle and the whole factory - if there is any truth to it, then it's only a VERY minor part of the software issue if in fact it's entirely software. I think about it more... and I surmise it's a genuine straight up QA production line issue and they have a raft of things to be 'dealt with' through the bolts and nuts assembly of the vehicle. It feels very much like the Tesla roll out issues they had. Not a problem, but IA would never EVER admit this was the case as they want owners obviously (and the market) to take on a high-quality build with NO inclination that there could of/was any line run issues. I have built warehouse sized production facilities for large companies (not cars) and understand how this can easily evolve and hold up production.

Back
Top Bottom