The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
Is there any factual information regarding the requirement for different indicators to be fitted to comply with Australian Design Rules supposedly because the GVM is over the 'magic' 3,500kg specification for commercial-type vehicles? i.e. photos; where are supposed compliant lights to be fitted? or was earlier info a West Aus. -specific requirement?
D10FF32D-F0E9-40E4-95B5-4AC3F23A9B39.jpeg
WA delivered car with different lights. In the above photos by Ineos4 it looks like they’re in the process of changing them.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Is there any factual information regarding the requirement for different indicators to be fitted to comply with Australian Design Rules supposedly because the GVM is over the 'magic' 3,500kg specification for commercial-type vehicles? i.e. photos; where are supposed compliant lights to be fitted? or was earlier info a West Aus. -specific requirement?
In the 5 or 6 or so "new owner" photo sets to appear on social media, almost all of them have been head on shots, or other photos were the details of the side indicators have been impossible to see clearly.

The only one to give any sense of detail I've seen is the commercial one from the survey company.

Photos - here:
Post in thread 'Fleet Sales' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/fleet-sales.12410727/post-1333190132

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Any chance someone could upload a close-up photo of the cat 6 upgraded side indicators? I can see they have clear lenses but they also look like they are a completely different shape. Just curious to see what they look like compared to the standard factory ones.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK...many thanks. So it's the size of the side repeater .... heaven forbid.... reminds me of a time long ago when the Japanese refused entry to a "non compliant" Jaguar import because the length of the ash tray set into in the rear of the front seat varied by a couple of mm from the engineering drawings (true story!).... some bureaucrats have too much time on their hands!!! 🤬 but as it's Sunday I'll try and think kindly of them😇

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any chance someone could upload a close-up photo of the cat 6 upgraded side indicators? I can see they have clear lenses but they also look like they are a completely different shape. Just curious to see what they look like compared to the standard factory ones.
I wondered if there was any "real" difference of significance in visibility /lumenosity between the factory fit and the compliant version...

EDIT : "well...I never..!" :oops: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2023C00144

Last edited:

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I remember the good old days before all this electric signalling s#*t came along….

Attachments

• IMG_4807.jpeg
    IMG_4807.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 123

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I remember the good old days before all this electric signalling s#*t came along….
I had an old ‘58 Holden FC ute back in the day.
The only thing non original on it was blinkers manually operated by a toggle switch put on the dash, a set of electric windscreen wipers to replace the original vacuum set, and seatbelts.

Selling that (original 30,000 miles when I bought it off my inlaws in 1985), is still one of my greatest car sale regrets.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s Australia wide. IMG_4226.jpegIMG_4223.jpegIMG_4222.jpegIMG_4220.jpeg

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Side indicator being replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_20230617_102818_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230617_102818_HDR.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 102

Dallas_TX_Grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7817004
WA delivered car with different lights. In the above photos by Ineos4 it looks like they’re in the process of changing them.
Wow love the Sela Green with Scottish White Roof! 17-inch alloys, checkered plates + roo bar look fantastic, exactly how I did my USA build minus the roo/bull bar. Looking to get a roo bar shipped from Australia and hope to have the same look. Post more pictures if you can!

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Just to extend the torture, looks like it is running late. Was to be in Auckland 18th and Brisbane 23rd.
Brace yourself Bobby, if recent delays are typical it could be moored off Point Cartwright for a couple of weeks before it gets into Fishermans Island, oh well you could drive up to Caloundra and play i-spy.
SLRV are expecting a second shipment early July which would tie in, the first lot must be darn close now, last week they were still in bond.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
On Thursday last I received an email from my agent and an email from Ineos with the attached final invoice. The agent was telling of soon arrivals and registration system is being put in place. I don't think receiving them on the same day was a coincidence. The invoice is to be paid two full days before delivery and they aren't going to tell me when that is because they don't know that until it is on road transport or at their holding yard...getting closer... ;)

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
Wow love the Sela Green with Scottish White Roof! 17-inch alloys, checkered plates + roo bar look fantastic, exactly how I did my USA build minus the roo/bull bar. Looking to get a roo bar shipped from Australia and hope to have the same look. Post more pictures if you can!
There you go- I was lucky enough to drive that IG @Dallas_TX_Grenadier

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1687130895886.jpg
    FB_IMG_1687130895886.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 67
  • FB_IMG_1687130891927.jpg
    FB_IMG_1687130891927.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 64
  • FB_IMG_1687130887972.jpg
    FB_IMG_1687130887972.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 100

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Since arriving in the UK for holiday I've been waiting for my first experience of seeing a production Grenadier on the road.

I had to fly half way across the world, make a trip to Bath and on the way home we spotted the hidden Grenadier down a driveway. Lucky the traffic was moving slowly and my better half spotted it down the driveway, winning the award who can see the first one. Apologies to the owner, but I did I jump out the car and run down his driveway for a quick snap. Beautiful colour you lucky thing.

Tomorrow we're off to London to visit the Grenadier Pub for lunch. Hopefully there will be more on show and an opportunity to be taken for a quick spin.

Attachments

• 20230619_174847.jpg
    20230619_174847.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 63

jessejames

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
Since arriving in the UK for holiday I've been waiting for my first experience of seeing a production Grenadier on the road.

I had to fly half way across the world, make a trip to Bath and on the way home we spotted the hidden Grenadier down a driveway. Lucky the traffic was moving slowly and my better half spotted it down the driveway, winning the award who can see the first one. Apologies to the owner, but I did I jump out the car and run down his driveway for a quick snap. Beautiful colour you lucky thing.

Tomorrow we're off to London to visit the Grenadier Pub for lunch. Hopefully there will be more on show and an opportunity to be taken for a quick spin.
Please let us know how you like the pub.

Back
Top Bottom