The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything yet that makes me think about walking away. There are software niggles, fairly confident these will get sorted. Some of the electrical stuff there are some questions as to whether they have been wired and set up the way I expected/ wanted but again pretty confident that with the help of my friendly auto sparky I can mod to the way I want it. Everything else seems fine. Apparently mine will be on a ship arriving mid July, later than I expected but nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel and excited.
I'm with you but alas a delayed date. If the quality isn't there, I'll cash out! Plenty of time now to see how this goes for the other orders!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
Very hard to make sense of anything being an Ineos mushroom, kept in the dark and not even fed s**t!
Reservation 30 Sep 2021
Order 18 May 2022
Contract received & signed 24 Feb 2023!
VIN 1063
Was advised mid to late April vehicle built and checked, awaiting shipment.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Almost exactly the same dates as me but VIN of 1720, Build date of 25 Jan. advised by agent on 11 April that car waiting for ship. Asked agent 2 weeks ago. Still no information reshipping.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My order page on the IA portal was updated to those same build dates and delivery at the start of this year, then my dealer had had two further updates since both which have slipped my build and delivery out by another 2 months at least. What's your dealer now saying from their portal?
My Ineos page on the website has not shown any dates now for so long I cannot remember.
On the dealer portal, it says that it is been produced and is in batch and hold.
With my dealer ringing up Ineos Australia, I have found out that it is out of batch and hold and is awaiting allocation to a ship.
I then confirmed the same thing with the IA Chat. ( Due to some other ongoing issues, I almost have my own designated help line person now)

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Almost exactly the same dates as me but VIN of 1720, Build date of 25 Jan. advised by agent on 11 April that car waiting for ship. Asked agent 2 weeks ago. Still no information reshipping.
My VIN is 1723, so likely same batch. I’ve been driving it for a week now. Build quality is really good. Only issue is with intermittent amber warnings that clear themselves either after a few seconds, or on restart of the vehicle. Enjoy, it’s worth the wait.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My VIN is 1723, so likely same batch. I’ve been driving it for a week now. Build quality is really good. Only issue is with intermittent amber warnings that clear themselves either after a few seconds, or on restart of the vehicle. Enjoy, it’s worth the wait.
thanks.

BTW - do you know how long your car was at the agent awaiting software update & parts??

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Ineos page on the website has not shown any dates now for so long I cannot remember.
On the dealer portal, it says that it is been produced and is in batch and hold.
With my dealer ringing up Ineos Australia, I have found out that it is out of batch and hold and is awaiting allocation to a ship.
I then confirmed the same thing with the IA Chat. ( Due to some other ongoing issues, I almost have my own designated help line person now)
I haven't been on the portal for 2 months - there is no point. No activities updated.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't been on the portal for 2 months - there is no point. No activities updated.
My IA portal has never given accurate information. Nor has IA ever sent me an email regarding my order. The 1st time I had correspondence regarding my order was from the Dealer in Nov 2022.

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
thanks.

BTW - do you know how long your car was at the agent awaiting software update & parts??
All I know is that my vehicle was checked at the dealers by Ineos mechanics and approved for release - That was in the first week of it arriving at the dealers. I waited a further 3 weeks for my bank transfer payment to be acknowledged by IA.

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A most welcome update today from Brisbane dealer... should be delivered late July likely August. Fingers x'd it'll have the very latest software updates 😀
That is great news on deliver update, Are you able to detail what the portal says? Eg production completed/in transit, I paid deposit September 2022. Postal has nothing.for me.

Reactions: Max

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is great news on deliver update, Are you able to detail what the portal says? Eg production completed/in transit, I paid deposit September 2022. Postal has nothing.for me.
Portal hasn't changed since January... just shows 'in production'. Was advised ages ago via on line chat it was completed and 'on hold' waiting final ok, something like that, was getting a little concerned given it's lowish build number, similar to other members concerns raised here as some vehicles on the road in the U.K/E.U have much higher vin numbers, but all good and look forward to getting my hands on it..... :D

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
Hi Dime80, I ordered 21 May 22 and the contract was signed 23 Feb 23...the portal shows in production but I have been receiving my updates from the agent in Noosa...my car is on the water and he will not commit to a date because of the number of variables that are possible...he thought it could hit our shores in June but said don't hold your breath...if it does it could still be a month or more away...docking hold ups, quarantine, road transport and all of the above can be issues...patients is the name of this game and don't the auto industry know it... When did you sign your contract?

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Dime80, I ordered 21 May 22 and the contract was signed 23 Feb 23...the portal shows in production but I have been receiving my updates from the agent in Noosa...my car is on the water and he will not commit to a date because of the number of variables that are possible...he thought it could hit our shores in June but said don't hold your breath...if it does it could still be a month or more away...docking hold ups, quarantine, road transport and all of the above can be issues...patients is the name of this game and don't the auto industry know it... When did you sign your contract?
Thanks max.
I have not received contract to sign yet. My dealer ( Noosa auto ) has suggested build month was March then April now May. Fingers crossed, it is great to hear some progress on deliver for early ones. I’m in no rush, happy to wait as long as needed, just curious as to portal info.
Hopefully Noosa give me heads up when yours is there and I can see a real life “ production model”
#good things come to those who wait.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A most welcome update today from Brisbane dealer... should be delivered late July likely August. Fingers x'd it'll have the very latest software updates 😀
This means, it must be in transit or about to leave port???

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct sequence of events that occurs after signing your contract?
I’m not sure past experience is representive of the “correct” sequence. In theory you should receive your contract before your build is scheduled, your car is built and then shipped. For many of us the car was built seemingly before the contract, then went to batch and hold for a couple of months and now apparently headed for ships.

Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
I placed my order in May 22. About 4 weeks ago I received a contract to sign. I requested a couple of changes but still have not received a revised contract for signing. Is this common ? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom