The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier build slot DELAY thread

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
My agent here in Townsville QLD Australia, emailed me saying that Ineos have indicated that they should have a vehicle here for test drive purposes in November.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Today I checked the bulding date for my Fieldmaster/Germany on the website and it is still September 2022.
Last week I got the link for the video which informed over the potential delay. As I read some guys here noticed a change og their building slot after getting the Youtube link.
Are there more orders with an unchanged Septenber builing slot?
FWIW my October build date (Trialmaster , Australia) remains.
I am expecting it to change, but who knows?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
Mine is as well unchanged (yet): October 22

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
A month Delay? not the end of the world when you've waited 4 years for a vehicle. I'd rather a well delivered vehicle a few months late than a Lemon on my driveway in October

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I agree. But keep in mind that some have a schedule to sell their existing car, and might even already have made a contract about this. Or you take out a loan and have to pay interest rates from, say, October on ... (not me).

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A month Delay? not the end of the world when you've waited 4 years for a vehicle. I'd rather a well delivered vehicle a few months late than a Lemon on my driveway in October
It is not about a month. It is about the foggy state of information. I just wantetd to understand whether there are changes in the production date after the known mail and the video.
I certainly do not want a "Montagsauto" in my driveway which has been used to find out what could go wrong in production...

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I agree. But keep in mind that some have a schedule to sell their existing car, and might even already have made a contract about this. Or you take out a loan and have to pay interest rates from, say, October on ... (not me).
I think we have to accept this was always going to be a possibility though, a new manufacturer, new model etc etc. Some people who ordered a Bronco day 1 are still without build dates, and that's Ford who invented the rolling assembly line!

Its annoying I 100% agree, and i too would appreciate more communication from them. I'm in the lucky position of having sold my valuable car a year ago and am still in a cheap run about truck that ill probably keep anyway, so maybe that's why I'm more relaxed about this than others.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I've had the month's delay e-mail and video. Not sure how I feel about it as selling my LR110CSW is proving very frustrating, (it needs to go as I cannot afford both!). eBay to LR110CSW

This is already the most expensive vehicle I have tried to buy, so a price increase would be the final straw.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some light relief....
I received the link to the short video announcing the one month delay to my build slot. So I opened the link.
Screenshot_20220806-074310_YouTube.jpgShock...horror another month?:oops:
Such anxiety! And right below the BAD NEWS...there was Sadhguru... it's Karma I tell you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
# Don't worry...be happy

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Question to early reservation holders interested in a test ride:
Have you contacted your local dealer or any other agent near by if they already have testing vehicles you could take for a ride?
Am asking as somebody from Germany wrote somewhere else that his dealer allegedly already has a diesel and petrol on site for testing…

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Question to early reservation holders interested in a test ride:
Have you contacted your local dealer or any other agent near by if they already have testing vehicles you could take for a ride?
Am asking as somebody from Germany wrote somewhere else that his dealer allegedly already has a diesel and petrol on site for testing…
My dealer contacted me last week and wanted to know whether I am interested in a testdrive end of August. He ment that by than they would get their first cars.
I am not sure whether this is true...

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I checked the bulding date for my Fieldmaster/Germany on the website and it is still September 2022.
Last week I got the link for the video which informed over the potential delay. As I read some guys here noticed a change og their building slot after getting the Youtube link.
Are there more orders with an unchanged Septenber builing slot?
Got the email stating up to a month delay but still showing as November 2022 build. 2 seat utility.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Here is the latest for people in North America...

Hi Stuart,

As our no-nonsense 4X4 gets ever closer to release in North America, we wanted to keep you up to date on all the latest Grenadier news that affects you.

PRICING AND ORDERING

We recently took the decision to change when we’ll release finalized pricing and ordering dates. Now you’ll receive that information early in 2023, rather than near the end of 2022. The reason? We want to be 100% certain on all pricing and lock them down before we let you know. Don’t worry, production schedules for North America remain unchanged. We plan to begin deliveries to customers later in 2023.

EXPERIENCE THE GRENADIER

We’re aiming to kick-off a series of off-road driving events across the region, starting later in 2022. We’ve yet to firm up the details, but rest assured you’ll be able to experience the latest PTO2 prototypes up close and in person. Keep an eye on your inbox for more updates soon.
1f2b4e64-78ed-4b4b-8fd0-9b6b9cb739b0.png
LATEST TESTING

We’re continuing heat and endurance testing in the extreme high temperatures of Death Valley, California. And still putting the Grenadier through its paces in further altitude testing up in the mountains of Colorado. Watch out for more in the near future, including video we’ve captured of this demanding off-road program.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The US announcement would definitely seem to point to a price increase although no one outside of IA will never know by how much.

On a purely selfish basis this MAY be good news for the UK, Aus and Europe as Ineos may be doing the right thing and sticking by their prices for anyone who has already ordered here. However they can raise the prices in the US without losing face.

Whilst those of us who have ordered are the crash test dummies, we may be be gaining by getting the vehicle for a never to be repeated price.

It might be just wishful thinking but I remain positive and now I have got over the initial disappointment of getting the vehicle later than I thought. In the long run it doesn’t make any odds to me and after all this time what difference does a few extra weeks make.

Local time
Reaction score
Got this via email this morning here in the US

PRICING AND ORDERING

We recently took the decision to change when we’ll release finalized pricing and ordering dates. Now you’ll receive that information early in 2023, rather than near the end of 2022. The reason? We want to be 100% certain on all pricing and lock them down before we let you know. Don’t worry, production schedules for North America remain unchanged. We plan to begin deliveries to customers later in 2023.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> However they can raise the prices in the US without losing face.

I wouldn't pobably make it so easy for Ineos in that I'd legitimize this in advance.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Most/all car manufacturers have new pricing for each calendar year. So far we have Ineos 2022 pricing. I have always assumed they will bring out different pricing in 2023. Only thing you can guarantee is they won't have any end of year specials as many car companies do to clear stock before they roll into a new model year. Pre COVID that was. For those people who have a late 2022 build date your car will already be one year older than a January 2023 built Grenadier

Back
Top Bottom