The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier build slot DELAY thread

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
We have partially sth. similar in Germany.

The first letter group (up to three characters) is the City or district: 'B' is Berlin, 'K' is Köln (Colgone), and 'DI', is 'Dieburg' which is my district.
The next letter group (up to two characters) is random, and then there is a random number from 1 to 9999.

My car has "DI-EH 1207'. And I have been having this plate now since 22 years ...
No need for a new plate twice a year ... 🙃
(Only the 'TÜEV' (MOT in UK) sticker is renewed every two years).

BTW: My Diesel motorbike has 'DI-SL 15' which reads like 'DIeSeL, and '15' was the year when I bought it: 2015. ;-) I payed 12 € extra for this 'personalized' plate.
But if you move to another city and keep your car, you can stay with your old plate. So it changes a little bit.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
We have partially sth. similar in Germany.

The first letter group (up to three characters) is the City or district: 'B' is Berlin, 'K' is Köln (Colgone), and 'DI', is 'Dieburg' which is my district.
The next letter group (up to two characters) is random, and then there is a random number from 1 to 9999.

My car has "DI-EH 1207'. And I have been having this plate now since 22 years ...
No need for a new plate twice a year ... 🙃
(Only the 'TÜEV' (MOT in UK) sticker is renewed every two years).

BTW: My Diesel motorbike has 'DI-SL 15' which reads like 'DIeSeL, and '15' was the year when I bought it: 2015. ;-) I payed 12 € extra for this 'personalized' plate.
Is the only way you know the age of the car then, by the chassis/vin? Do you have private registrations?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the only way you know the age of the car then, by the chassis/vin? Do you have private registrations?
we have got the papers of the car which could be called "vehicle registration certificate" in english. this dokument shows every detail of the car. Withot this document you can not sell/buy the vehicle.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And the authorities can (and do) query databases they have, even from a mobile police control.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
Many Australian State transport departments have done away with windscreen licence stickers which used show at a glance the month (digits) / current year (colour) for quick visual check of validity/expiry. These days, the "persons in blue" have most of their vehicles fitted with 360 degree cameras with photo-recognition capability which are continually scanning multiple licence plates per second in the following and oncoming traffic... I guess it's the same in most modern cities....:oops:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many Australian State transport departments have done away with windscreen licence stickers which used show at a glance the month (digits) / current year (colour) for quick visual check of validity/expiry. These days, the "persons in blue" have most of their vehicles fitted with 360 degree cameras with photo-recognition capability which are continually scanning multiple licence plates per second in the following and oncoming traffic... I guess it's the same in most modern cities....:oops:
well this would not be allowed here in Germany due to privacy of personal data. For sure it is practical for the state.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@DenisM:

Yes, robots at work. We're there, George, long ago!

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
But if you move to another city and keep your car, you can stay with your old plate. So it changes a little bit.
Yes, they have allowed some time ago to keep the plate from the former district where you lived before. So they rendered the system useless.

The reason is, that historically the police didn't have an online query possibility - but now they have. Good for the police, bad for the citizens: If there was a car from a 'foreign' district indicated on the number plate rolling slowly through a residential area up and down the road, people paid more attention to the car, the color and the people sitting in the car: too many burglars are on the road to look out 'opportunities'.

With the new regulations which allows to keep the number plate, they are now less noticeable.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Back to topic:

I had ordered a second Grenadier well a week ago, to have a 'backup' order in case they don't allow to change the color.

No production slot until now.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Back to topic:

I had ordered a second Grenadier well a week ago, to have a 'backup' order in case they don't allow to change the color.

No production slot until now.
Back to topic: Is your change of color still an issue?

On the FAQ it reads (as of today):
CAN I CHANGE MY CONFIGURATION AFTER ORDERING?
You can make tweaks right up until you sign your vehicle contract, but it may have an impact on your production slot. The factory don’t want us changing engines, gearboxes, interior trims but you can change your paint colour or chosen accessories, for example. Our customer service centre is on hand to help get it sorted.
[https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/gb/support]

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> Is your change of color still an issue?
Yes, it is.

I had pointed them to what they had written in the order confirmation:

"Wir schicken Dir den Kaufvertrag zu, sobald er fertig ist. Dann kannst Du Deine Bestellung überprüfen und letzte Änderungen an Deinem Grenadier vornehmen, falls Du das möchtest."

"We will send you the purchase contract as soon as it is ready. Then you can review your order and make final changes to your Grenadier if you wish."

And guess what? They asked me for an evidence. 😲

"Can you please send us a screenshot of the order confirmation where this is written?" (analogous summary).

I did so, this was on August, 11th. I am still waiting for answer and have asked for the status of the issue yesterday and today as well.

I am not amused.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
> Is your change of color still an issue?
Yes, it is.

I had pointed them to what they had written in the order confirmation:

"Wir schicken Dir den Kaufvertrag zu, sobald er fertig ist. Dann kannst Du Deine Bestellung überprüfen und letzte Änderungen an Deinem Grenadier vornehmen, falls Du das möchtest."

"We will send you the purchase contract as soon as it is ready. Then you can review your order and make final changes to your Grenadier if you wish."

And guess what? They asked me for an evidence. 😲

"Can you please send us a screenshot of the order confirmation where this is written?" (analogous summary).

I did so, this was on August, 11th. I am still waiting for answer and have asked for the status of the issue yesterday and today as well.

I am not amused.
@emax Can you private message me your order number and what it is exactly you are wanting to change or have confirmation of and I'll see if one of the UK guys have access.

Can't promise anything but I'll give it a go for you. (y)

Steve.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
WOW, Steve!

You know that I am in Germany?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
WOW, Steve!

You know that I am in Germany?
Yes, hence why I said I can't promise :ROFLMAO:

Worth a shot, they may say they don't have any access but it won't take me two minutes to copy and paste your question or concern over.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Steve.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> I said I can't promise

Would never expect that.

You have a PM.

(y)(y) (y)

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the sales partner in Germany, Berlin. They do not yet have any contracts with Ineos and are waiting for them to be adapted to German law. This must be done by Ineos. This applies to all potential German sales partners. In addition, there is still no information about the accessories, their delivery, availability and installation.

For Germany, this probably means that the delivery will be delayed even further.

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the sales partner in Germany, Berlin. They do not yet have any contracts with Ineos and are waiting for them to be adapted to German law. This must be done by Ineos. This applies to all potential German sales partners. In addition, there is still no information about the accessories, their delivery, availability and installation.

For Germany, this probably means that the delivery will be delayed even further.
I was in contact with my agent/delivering car dealer yesterday (Germany as well). He wrote he would probably get a demonstrator end of September (some time ago he said this would be end of August, so one month delay). The one month delay of the demonstrator is in line with the delays for the early deliveries. So to me it did not sound as if further delays could already be foreseen. But I am an optimist :)

Back
Top Bottom