The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier build slot DELAY thread

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
As long as they don't add the inflation (we're at almost 9% in Germany ...) to the final price, I don't mind.
In my opinion they can not raise the price for the “early adaptors" without loosing a lot of the order. There are so many people that want that car more for the idea but for a real purpose which can not be fulfilled with another vehicle.
most of those early birds feel more like beeing a part of the Ineos team than as a customer.
For this reason the reaction to a risen price will be more emotional than fact based.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
@bemax , I wouldn't be too sure about that. That may be the case in Germany, where the important people drive to the bakery or kindergarten with aluminium boxes on the roof rack. And when they talk about off-roading, they were in the orchard.

Local time
Reaction score
Not even sure about their organisation. I cancelled mine over a month ago due, amongst other things, to delay caused (apparently) by my changing from petrol to diesel - but I still had a message to tell me that my (now non-existent and already delayed) build slot has been delayed further. Didn't bother with the Video. Only looked at the forum today to see if my "local" distributor, Steve at Halliwell Jones Chester will be showing one at the Anglesey Show next week. Good job my Landy is getting its new chassis!

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
Not even sure about their organisation. I cancelled mine over a month ago due, amongst other things, to delay caused (apparently) by my changing from petrol to diesel - but I still had a message to tell me that my (now non-existent and already delayed) build slot has been delayed further. Didn't bother with the Video. Only looked at the forum today to see if my "local" distributor, Steve at Halliwell Jones Chester will be showing one at the Anglesey Show next week. Good job my Landy is getting its new chassis!
We should actually have two cars there, I will heading down Monday afternoon to help with setup, ready for the two day show.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi from the USA, I know we're at least a year and a half away from deliveries here but has the first production IG actually rolled off the production line and are there some lucky european customers driving their beast? Very little information on this other than expected delivery delays.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@bemax , I wouldn't be too sure about that. That may be the case in Germany, where the important people drive to the bakery or kindergarten with aluminium boxes on the roof rack. And when they talk about off-roading, they were in the orchard.
😂 that’s true for Germany in many ways. If you look at the Defender in the cities they often are very shiny and well equipped with quite a lot of nonsense.
If you do not own the land you hardly have the chance to use the 4x4s in an challenging way here.
Many of the users just live their dream of “if I want to I could…”
Of course there are travelers and hunters or people who really need a 4x4 for work. But I do not think that this is the majority.

Nevertheless I do think that many people on this forum are quite privileged and do not want just an adequate substitute to their only car.
It might be a little dangerous to do so with a new car from a ne company. Don’t you agree!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am not happy with the wait but I can live with it tbh. I still think there will another email in 5-6 weeks with another delay, probably not for all but for most I think.

My worst fear and I think it could happen is the inflation rise. That will be the one that makes me hit the refund button with immediate effect. I am not willing to pay anymore if I am honest and I think a lot of people will do the same. I am not lucky enough to consider this vehicle purchase a routine thing and it is the first new vehicle I have ever purchased.

Of course I will be gutted but I am not willing to throw a large amount of my pension payout on a vehicle. I am already on the wrong side of comfortable on the price I am paying with it costing £10k more that I thought it would 2yrs ago.

Of course one line of business sense would think so what, if I did cancel. There is someone else who will take my slot immediately but it’s the loss of face and faith that would be more damaging.

I believe Rivian tried to put prices up but ended up back tracking. I hope IA have more loyalty to the people who have followed them all these years and will see us all right rather then just sell to the guy with deep pockets and sees one in the street in a few months and wants one tomorrow and doesn’t care how much it costs.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I absolutely agree.

I am not sure whether I'd buy it if the costs raise.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
As long as they don't add the inflation (we're at almost 9% in Germany ...) to the final price, I don't mind.
Well, Porsche writes in the purchase contract: "the list price on the day of delivery applies".

We'll see what conditions ultimately apply when the contract is issued and ready to be signed.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
Well, Porsche writes in the purchase contract: "the list price on the day of delivery applies".
Pretty standard new car small print from what I've seen/heard

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree price rises are a concern for all, including INEOS.

I think it's is not a matter of if only when the existing prices will increase.

I think it could be damaging for INEOS to materially increase prices just as the first batches of customers cars are rolling off the line.

A more likely situation is that very soon INEOS will announce that new prices (+15%?) will apply from announcement date but not for those holding reservations on that day.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you haven't ordered one then the delays mean nothing.
Even if you have a reservation I was told you lost your slot at the end of July.
I received an email telling me exactly that I wouldn't get an early 2023 build if order not placed by end of July.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree price rises are a concern for all, including INEOS.

I think it's is not a matter of if only when the existing prices will increase.

I think it could be damaging for INEOS to materially increase prices just as the first batches of customers cars are rolling off the line.

A more likely situation is that very soon INEOS will announce that new prices (+15%?) will apply from announcement date but not for those holding reservations on that day.
I agree 100 %

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I guess,everybody has.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi from the USA, I know we're at least a year and a half away from deliveries here but has the first production IG actually rolled off the production line and are there some lucky european customers driving their beast? Very little information on this other than expected delivery delays.
Hi, I don’t think you’ve received a response. I’ll have a crack.

No production vehicles have been delivered to customers in any locations yet.

In addition I don’t believe any forum member has been presented with a contract to sign for delivery to then take place. I’m also of the understanding that there have been no sightings of assembly line prototypes. But for these last two I’ll defer to other forum members.

OG

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think some PTO series vehicles are out in the wild.

I'll be corrected by others but key identification features include non-white chassis, badges on windscreen bulkhead and German registration plates in the BB IA XXX range (unless of course they are earlier PT2Cs!)
You are probably right. I still think that the delay in delivery has to do something with the homologation. If they already have it by now, there would be some new press tests on road as there have been in February in the old coal mine (only offroad)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I checked the bulding date for my Fieldmaster/Germany on the website and it is still September 2022.
Last week I got the link for the video which informed over the potential delay. As I read some guys here noticed a change og their building slot after getting the Youtube link.
Are there more orders with an unchanged Septenber builing slot?

Back
Top Bottom