The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fridge

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
I have a Eutectic wine fridge for the cheaper wines and a compressor fridge for the good ones.
The Eutectic can only cool to a maximum of 12 degrees below ambient which is not much use in summer.
That puts the wine at 28 degrees
The other one right next to it sits happily on 12 degrees all year round.
I've got a small cellar that sits at 12-14C all year round.
That's Tassy for you!
Not that I'm a wine buff, or "mild alcoholic" as someone said to me once :D

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
I've got a small cellar that sits at 12-14C all year round.
That's Tassy for you!
Not that I'm a wine buff, or "mild alcoholic" as someone said to me once :D
When the wine experts say red wine should be served at room temperature they didn't have Queensland in mind.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
When the wine experts say red wine should be served at room temperature they didn't have Queensland in mind.
Who are these experts , says your dad

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly
Although I don't think he ever had a glass of red wine in his life.
Ex schoolmate of mine is a terrible wine bore. He was once in a wine tasting competition group who called themselves the Corked Punts,,,

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:13 PM
Reaction score
There are more discussions regarding battery set up in the thread “ solar panel installation and set up”. Regarding the Ctek smartpass they do not have voltage sensitive relays as they are incompatible with smart alternators. I will post some more info in the solar panel installation and set up thread so we can use this thread for fridges 👍🏼
My mistake, it must be the 250SE dual 🤥

Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
Well.............would you look at that!

Certainly looks the part, the ozefridge. Never seen one or heard of it in Europe though, and it is rather expensive. They use the same Danfoss BD 35 or BD 50 compressor as most 12V fridge manufacturers do. The unit is installed in Dometic, Weaco, Indel and many more. The BD 35 has a slightly higher energy consumption than the equivalent Japanese rig, which is called Shenfuzu or something. What bothers me, it is considerably noisier, with a whining sound when starting up. Not nice when sleeping in the truck but pretty irrelevant when not.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair, ‘When the [ ] say [ ] they didn't have Queensland in mind’ could keep us occupied for hours @DaveB

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t want a full drawer setup in mine but I like the idea of a single drawer with a fridge slide on top. I foond these ones, its 730mm deep so I think will probably fit (will measure in real life before ordering) and you can choose where in the base you want to screw it down, so hopefully can put in some kind of cargo track attachment and make it easily removable. That way. https://trailerpartsdirect.com.au/s...wers/60l-aluminium-fridge-slide-cargo-drawer/

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well.............would you look at that!
That would actually be excellent if it fits for a touring setup when you are not using the rear seats to sit in top of the folded seat facing out of the passenger door. That way it doesn’t block all your rear access and is still easily accessible.

bimmerteck

Reservation Holder
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
I was just happy to see earlier in the thread that my current 50qt ARB should fit right in, unlike in the D1 where I had to remove the subwoofer from the rear door to get it to close with my fridge.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
i have the same plan but cant find a track insert that has either a thread or stud
I solved that using a suitable size cup head bolt (M10 or 3/8") with thread up to the top and the crown ground flat enough to enable the bolt head to be slid into the track. It provides an excellent anchor to attach a bracket to the track. "Bunnings" has a good selection of bolts and brackets...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom