The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Forum / Club discounts put in your requests here

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
Ok, so with a lot of people discussing insurance etc, if we could have a show of hands for who would like it if I can secure a forum / club discount for members, I'm pretty sure that AFlux will match the one posted on Facebook for starters?

I'm already putting together the presentation ie, community beg letter to vendors, obviously some of these won't be made public until well after the deliveries have started, but tires etc can be negotiated right now.

Of course with the international aspect it will require a bit of translation perhaps from English to German, Spanish, Italian etc (sorry if I've left anyone out) so a couple of respective volunteers will be welcome.....

If there's demand then I'll pen something to get things rolling.

It will all add to the value of forum / club membership I think.

But you decide, thumbs up for yes, misery guts angry face for no.

Stu.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
On a related note -- there are Forum Discounts for things related to the Gren (Accessories and such, which is what I think you are talking about Stu), and potential for Forum Discounts on things totally separate to the Gren for members of this forum as a bit of a bonus to the community. For instance, I run a small consulting firm that offers education services on a series of topics that a lot of folks who work with others might find helpful, and I'd be happy to offer a Club Discount to this group even though what I offer has nothing to do with the vehicle, if there's an appetite for that. I've left what I do intentionally vague as I don't want to appear to be marketing to the forum for my own ends though I do recognize a discount like this can help my business; however my intention is to serve this group, not use it to my benefit.

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
On a related note -- there are Forum Discounts for things related to the Gren (Accessories and such, which is what I think you are talking about Stu), and potential for Forum Discounts on things totally separate to the Gren for members of this forum as a bit of a bonus to the community. For instance, I run a small consulting firm that offers education services on a series of topics that a lot of folks who work with others might find helpful, and I'd be happy to offer a Club Discount to this group even though what I offer has nothing to do with the vehicle, if there's an appetite for that. I've left what I do intentionally vague as I don't want to appear to be marketing to the forum for my own ends though I do recognize a discount like this can help my business; however my intention is to serve this group, not use it to my benefit.
You should have said you work for a distillery .

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
“These are the new leads, these are the Glengarry leads” ;):) LOL

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, so with a lot of people discussing insurance etc, if we could have a show of hands for who would like it if I can secure a forum / club discount for members, I'm pretty sure that AFlux will match the one posted on Facebook for starters?

I'm already putting together the presentation ie, community beg letter to vendors, obviously some of these won't be made public until well after the deliveries have started, but tires etc can be negotiated right now.

Of course with the international aspect it will require a bit of translation perhaps from English to German, Spanish, Italian etc (sorry if I've left anyone out) so a couple of respective volunteers will be welcome.....

If there's demand then I'll pen something to get things rolling.

It will all add to the value of forum / club membership I think.

But you decide, thumbs up for yes, misery guts angry face for no.

Stu.
Will this apply to Australia as well Stu? There are a couple of 4x4 specific and Special car insurance companies down here.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
If people are willing to give me some details of the appropriate companies then I’ll give it a shot. The worst that happens is we get a no.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

just to name a few, these ones offer (apparently) specific cover for 4x4 and off-road use

😊

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score

just to name a few, these ones offer (apparently) specific cover for 4x4 and off-road use

😊
Emails sent to all the above now all we need is for people requesting quotes to ask for the club discount as well, lets see if that engages drive for the esteemed insurance providers. :)

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
Emails sent to all the above now all we need is for people requesting quotes to ask for the club discount as well, lets see if that engages drive for the esteemed insurance providers. :)
Very good initiative. Thank you! I can try to see what I can find out for Germany but as this will be my first off road vehicle, I have no experience. Might take some time.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I think the begging letters to companies is a great idea.

Insurance will be a good one.

Don’t forget Melville and Moon for the seat covers.
Done, for anyone wishing to follow up and badger a bit I'm dealing with Stefi, steffi@melvillandmoon.com her email is distributed on the Melville & Moon website.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Very good initiative. Thank you! I can try to see what I can find out for Germany but as this will be my first off road vehicle, I have no experience. Might take some time.
Hi @muxmax thank you for the kind offer, if you can find any leads I'll gladly follow up. Although my German is extremely limited so I will need some translation assistance from the good people here.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @muxmax thank you for the kind offer, if you can find any leads I'll gladly follow up. Although my German is extremely limited so I will need some translation assistance from the good people here.
So, as far as I can see for now, with Germany obviously not being the typical off road country, the only car insurance issue would be driving in dedicated off road parks which is considered to be sports and thus needs an extra insurance. Such insurance is typically offered as a daily package for small money. I don’t see potential there for a group discount. But I have to speak to my insurance broker anyway for other reasons and will discuss with him. Maybe that brings more insight.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
Done, for anyone wishing to follow up and badger a bit I'm dealing with Stefi, steffi@melvillandmoon.com her email is distributed on the Melville & Moon website.

I like the Melvill and Moon (note no "e" on the end) canvas spare wheel cover. I would like to see, when we get some IG vehicles on the road with the various tyre sizes, a cover with "Grenadier Forum" motif in place of their details. They may not like that idea of lost advertising. When I get my IG I was thinking of contacting them to see if they will do one without any text.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
..., a cover with "Grenadier Forum" motif in place of their details. ...
I wouldn't mind to have a wheel cover, it would hide my "Spare Wheel Lockable Storage Box", protect the key-lock of dust and would protect my spare tire from UV light. And why not ... with a reference t the Grenadier Forum!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score

😊
Shannon’s are a no.

“Good morning Stu,
Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately Shannon's do not offer discounts to specific car clubs or forums.

Sorry about that.”

If anyone asks for a quote, maybe they’ll revisit if they have enough people on the phone asking the same thing.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I like the Melvill and Moon (note no "e" on the end) canvas spare wheel cover. I would like to see, when we get some IG vehicles on the road with the various tyre sizes, a cover with "Grenadier Forum" motif in place of their details. They may not like that idea of lost advertising. When I get my IG I was thinking of contacting them to see if they will do one without any text.
Melville and Moon currently have designed

Front and rear seat covers
Spare wheel cover
Dashboard cover

All items have been tested by the owner of JOB001

I’m trying to finalize the terms that they can offer, and if they would be willing to do a custom batch for us…….. ;)

Back
Top Bottom