The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Footwell intrusion

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
The foot rest has not been an issue for me (not even noticed by me) but perhaps that because I’m shortish at c175cm?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
The foot rest has not been an issue for me (not even noticed by me) but perhaps that because I’m shortish at c175cm?
I'm short but I'm over 72 years old, therefore my height is only in feet and inches (5'6") didn't have metric when I was born. My cars do fuel consumption in mpg, but I'm still won't forgive them for selling it in litres. My tyres are psi and not bars.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm genuinely not certain?

I can see the carpet as not being as thick as the standard mat; but given some of the task may be a heat barrier, maybe there's an equivalent backing pad there also?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I can see the carpet as not being as thick as the standard mat; but given some of the task may be a heat barrier, maybe there's an equivalent backing pad there also?
Is the carpet not just bonded to the Matt?

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
It looks as though 2-3 incisions with a Stanley knife, some trimming and strong glue would reduce the hump size in the trim to match the actual hump size. I think they reduced the hump in the final production. Stages but forgot to adjust the trim to match.

From my test drives it is currently just about acceptable but any reduction in size very welcome.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I would have thought there would be some acoustic backing bit should be able to follow the shape better than rigid plastic

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is the carpet not just bonded to the Matt?
I don't know. The photo was not of my vehicle, so I can't physically check.

I would have thought there would be some acoustic backing bit should be able to follow the shape better than rigid plastic
Doesn't that type of stuff tend to be glued in place?

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Andy - I believe you misread my statement. I said there were many “conversations” about the footrest, not conversions. You’re unfortunately stuck with the toe box as it is. But, as others have said, it’s a non-issue.
Thank you yes i did miss read. The foot well intrusion is a major problem for me. I also have to say the turning circle maybe an issue as well, where I intend to use it.
Unfortunately getting out of the car and back into my D4 made me fully aware i need to perhaps get an extended teat drive and bring it back to the farm to see how it will work.

Back
Top Bottom