The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Footwell intrusion

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
I'm more a cassette man... vinyl is for old folk and not us 80s punk rockers!
I was a 70’s, 80’s punk, and was both cassette and vinyl, but all my vinyl is still present and operational but all my cassettes died years ago.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
I was a 70’s, 80’s punk, and was both cassette and vinyl, but all my vinyl is still present and operational but all my cassettes died years ago.
That's why I dont have any broken records - never owned them in the first place 🤭

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
all my records were broken in 1998 when, in a clearing out frenzy, threw away +40 albums I had collected over the previous 20 years but not played for ages.

I regret doing that (and so does my 20 something son who says playing vinyl is fantastic)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
all my records were broken in 1998 when, in a clearing out frenzy, threw away +40 albums I had collected over the previous 20 years but not played for ages.

I regret doing that (and so does my 20 something son who says playing vinyl is fantastic)
My mother had 3 shelves in her wardrobe stacked high with 78's
We were watching TV when all of a sudden bang, bang, bang and the shelves collapsed under the weight one by one.
My dad put them in storage under the house where they sat for the next 40 years until she died and they were all thrown out

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It will be a problem on long drives for "many", I'll take a bet on that! It felt uncomfortable on the 20-30min trips I had (all 3 of them). Foot slipped of and the angle it creates foot to floor is off putting. Ill turn a blind eye though, as several other rose-tinted glasses wearers will do!

But you are right - for me: scenery! Both highway and off though!
I have driven it twice and never even noticed it.
But then again I didn't get in and look down at it, then move my foot up and down and carry on like many people are doing.
You can see on several of the reviews and drives that the driver has the seat and wheel in the same position as they would in an SUV or car.
Those 3 African guys, with 20 years 4wd experience, got in and drove one handed at the 12 o'clock position like a taxi driver.
They all had the seat back reclined to the point it wasn't even near their upper back.
Not defending the design it's just if nobody had mentioned it early on we probably would not be talking about it.
Just like the steering issue that doesn't exist

1681363014179.png

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But then again I didn't get in and look down at it, then move my foot up and down and carry on like many people are doing.
You can see on several of the reviews and drives that the driver has the seat and wheel in the same position as they would in an SUV or car.
Those 3 African guys, with 20 years 4wd experience, got in and drove one handed at the 12 o'clock position like a taxi driver.
They all had the seat back reclined to the point it wasn't even near their upper back.
Not defending the design it's just if nobody had mentioned it early on we probably would not be talking about it.

View attachment 7808363
Yeah.

Watched their video and don't they just love only one hand on the wheel - DUDE!!!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7808363
8 of the UK press release reviewers made commentary specifically about the intrusion - just saying. It is a bloody raised platform - not possible to miss it! Like tripping over a brick on a footpath!
I really go hope that it is not a problem on long haul - as that is 50% of my driving!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No hip hop is listenable to...nor techno
I'm partial to some Beastie Boys tracks on occasion. Aka The Young Aborigines late 70's/early 80's

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is direct from the Production LHD version in Spain - everything is aligned and planer: Maks the RHD look fkn ridiculous.
1681392058466.png

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No hip hop is listenable to...nor techno
Have you tried listening to some Hilltop Hoods? Very approachable Australian Hip Hop.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Have you tried listening to some Hilltop Hoods? Very approachable Australian Hip Hop.
No I haven't. I'm into musicians playing instruments, hiphop just makes me think of ghettos and kids with baseball caps on backwards.
I know, such a terrible stereotype 😉

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom