The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Footwell intrusion

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
I'm so old I can remember the original wipergate ~ when it only had one and everyone wanted to know why...
as a student i had a mini for 250 DM. it only had 1 seat, the door was held by an expander and no wipers. 1 wiper was in the car, when it rained, open the window and wipe with your arm.
but he had fat tires and a big carburetor! 😂😜

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
I sat in one yesterday and I really don’t think the footwell will be an issue actually. There might be the odd driver who it doesn’t suit but I don’t think there will be many. I drive a lot of different vehicles on a regular basis. The driving positions are all quite different. I don’t really notice it.
For me the biggest issue on a long drive is the comfort of the seats. And the ones on the grenadier seem very comfortable.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
I wonder how many people would have noticed this if they hadn’t read it on the internet.

In relation to the seats. They are comfy, as least as good as the older style Volvo seats that were like sitting in an armchair. Don’t know what the new ones are like though, but yes they will help on a really long drive.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder how many people would have noticed this if they hadn’t read it on the internet.

In relation to the seats. They are comfy, as least as good as the older style Volvo seats that were like sitting in an armchair. Don’t know what the new ones are like though, but yes they will help on a really long drive.
1st thing I noticed when I jumped in because it forced me to start looking for comfortable seating positions. Like many others have expressed including the experts reviews.

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just saw the footwell intrusion on a RHD Aston Martin DBX 707…

Attachments

• 67245A5D-0C3C-4FAD-A000-619B2FC84F59.png
    67245A5D-0C3C-4FAD-A000-619B2FC84F59.png
    524.2 KB · Views: 62

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just saw the footwell intrusion on a RHD Aston Martin DBX 707…
The intrusiono on the AM is in line and planar with the throttle pedal - this would be a perfect situation if the Grenadier's intrusion was the same, but alas the Gren's is 115mm closer to your seat/hip/knee and on a completely different angle!!! Photo below. GREN is the only $100K new vehicle (passenger) with an intrusion that is 100+mm closer unless someone else knows of one!!!
THIS THREAD HAS ARISEN!!!

1681340780849.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
The intrusiono on the AM is in line and planar with the throttle pedal - this would be a perfect situation if the Grenadier's intrusion was the same, but alas the Gren's is 115mm closer to your seat/hip/knee and on a completely different angle!!! Photo below. GREN is the only $100K new vehicle (passenger) with an intrusion that is 100+mm closer unless someone else knows of one!!!
THIS THREAD HAS ARISEN!!!

View attachment 7808339
People keep saying not a problem on short drives but may be an issue on longer drives.
Easy fix for long drives
  • on highway
    • Wind the seat up and use cruise control.
  • Off Highway
    • wind the seat up and focus on driving and scenery

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
People keep saying not a problem on short drives but may be an issue on longer drives.
Easy fix for long drives
  • on highway
    • Wind the seat up and use cruise control.
  • Off Highway
    • wind the seat up and focus on driving and scenery
It will be a problem on long drives for "many", I'll take a bet on that! It felt uncomfortable on the 20-30min trips I had (all 3 of them). Foot slipped of and the angle it creates foot to floor is off putting. Ill turn a blind eye though, as several other rose-tinted glasses wearers will do!

But you are right - for me: scenery! Both highway and off though!

Back
Top Bottom