The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Footwell intrusion

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Yep, and that's your choice.

Just like it's someone else's prerogative to pronounce, "non - issue" -> for everyone.

Or, even, "I see a blue bird, all birds are blue".

Hey it's the internet after all, such comments are to be expected !

If I have any comment on this issue it's to disagree with the, 'good enough for me = good enough for everyone else". Funny ! But that's twice now I've touched on it and, I won't again.

I won't complain about the B bump. And I sure as hell won't moan. I didn't make the car. The bump is part of the package. The mfr's eyes wide open choice. No worries, I do have my own understanding of the discretionary purchase concord.

It's of import to me if for no other reason that I'd be the passenger sometimes. I like leg room. Others may not, I'm happy for them. I knew a guy who was allergic to room. Others who's feet are out the window, on the dash or under their butt half the time - don't care, their life.

Ha ! silly me, more time wasted talking about this car !

Here, here and I totally agree with what you say my friend. Hence the reason I said ā€œwhat I donā€™t getā€, which is totally different from trying to imply that I am right and everyone else is wrong.

Pure and simple I just pointed out that I donā€™t understand that point of view, and gave a possible solution (move your foot). However I can see you already get that as you highlighted those exact words in your reply.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
Driving the PTO's yesterday I had a look at the right hand foot rest.

The boots I'm wearing have a sole of 120mm width 4 3/4" and a length of 310mm 12 3/16" give or take.

As these were PTO vehicles the final flooring may be totally different.

To my eye and physique, the foot rest is not as much of as a problem as I was expecting. Even in right hand drive form, I dont think that the pedal area would be too cramped. The angle of the rest is a bit odd as I'm used to a much more vertical attitude.

Hope it helps.

One final note, have a look at the jeep forums for 'foot rests' or lack of conversations and the griping thats over there....

IMG_1676.jpegIMG_1675.jpegIMG_1674.jpeg

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Looking back at other posts, it appears that the size of the 'intrusion' may be different, at least to my eyes. Is there a structural difference between petrol/gasoline and diesel variants perhaps?

My images above are for the petrol Grenadier.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am flip flopping (no pun intended) over this. I had a sit in a PT-02 a month or so ago and I was starting to wonder if it was going to be a problem, after having originally deciding this was none issue. Having sat back in a PT-02 again today, the possible issue didnā€™t seem that bad again. I donā€™t know if this has anything with how my hips, knees, legs feel following a run or not, but it certainly didnā€™t feel as bad as my brain had made it into the last time I tried it. Certainly not ideal but not as bad as it could be.

(I respect everyone elseā€™s opinion and thoughts and by no means am I am implying I am right over a differing opinion)

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I looked down at my footwell this morning after reviewing the Grenadier Forum posts about the footwell issues. I was surprised to see in my left hand drive footwell a similar footwell intrusion in my 2020 Land Rover Defender. Must say I have never given it a second thought or found it to be an issue. DaBull

Attachments

• 2020 Defender Left Footwell.jpg
    2020 Defender Left Footwell.jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 74

Patrick1234

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
Is the footwell intrusion complained about in the RHD model also present on the LHD?
Itā€™s touch and go if I go ahead with an order because of this design fault coupled with an in ability to get anyone to respond to any queries

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
I looked down at my footwell this morning after reviewing the Grenadier Forum posts about the footwell issues. I was surprised to see in my left hand drive footwell a similar footwell intrusion in my 2020 Land Rover Defender. Must say I have never given it a second thought or found it to be an issue. DaBull
Oh my god.
That's horrid
How do you even drive that without needing surgery or a chiropractor visit?
JLR have really stuffed up the engineering here and will never sell any

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Oh my god.
That's horrid
How do you even drive that without needing surgery or a chiropractor visit?
JLR have really stuffed up the engineering here and will never sell any

I think youā€™re wrong, they wonā€™t sell any of these IG things because some idiot decided to put a stupid BMW engine in it and everyone knows they are far too complicated for a 4X4 vehicle.

Well everyone knows that apart from a hell of a lot of Landrover Defender drivers who are planning on putting one in their defender, already have put one in or just lust after having one.

Clearly the IG just Leaps from one disaster to another šŸ˜€

However they still canā€™t get their communications and online services sorted though.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Don't mention the wipers, I did once but I think I got away with it

Ah the wiper blindspot !!

I think that IA did that as they realised that most drivers buy a plastic cradle, stick it to the windscreen right where the blind spot is and then put a Satnav or Smartphone on it. We all know how transparent one of those is. šŸ˜€

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here, here and I totally agree with what you say my friend. Hence the reason I said ā€œwhat I donā€™t getā€, which is totally different from trying to imply that I am right and everyone else is wrong.

Pure and simple I just pointed out that I donā€™t understand that point of view, and gave a possible solution (move your foot). However I can see you already get that as you highlighted those exact words in your reply.
Move your foot, just like, don't use the steering wheel to drive! Hmmm

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Footwell is in line with pedal, not 100mm towards your body. Chalk and cheese - not even comparing the same problem! I would kill for that version of a footrest int he GREN!!!

Back
Top Bottom