The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fire extinguisher mounts

Don Fraser

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score
I am looking to mount a fire extinguisher somewhere under the front drivers seat for access and would welcome any ideas for a mounting kit.
Regards Don

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
This is just one option but H3R and several other companies make them to mount on the seat tracks.
Since I never have my seat all the way forward I may go with this style.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
This is just one option but H3R and several other companies make them to mount on the seat tracks.
Since I never have my seat all the way forward I may go with this style.
I wonder if this would work to mount it in the space under the seat, it would really annoy me where the INEOS one goes and where this one is intended to go.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am looking to mount a fire extinguisher somewhere under the front drivers seat for access and would welcome any ideas for a mounting kit.
Regards Don

this fella has his mounted on the passenger floor, it actually looks factory?
I don’t believe he’s mentioned installing it, but he does mention the fire extinguisher in passing

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 302

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe I will mount it passenger side. My wife hates riding in trucks anyway so she'll just think it's another stupid mod. Same end result for me and it wouldn't be in the way for me.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Fire extinguisher is part of the Roadside Emergency Kit Plus accessory. Perhaps standard in some markets.
\
Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 11.41.41 am.png

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fire extinguisher is part of the Roadside Emergency Kit Plus accessory. Perhaps standard in some markets.
\
View attachment 7815291
👍🏼I forgot about that option.
I figured I have a vest and first aid kit. A fire extinguisher is $29 at the shop that sells snags. So $225 seems a bit over the top.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hy, does anyone know how the original fire extinguisher is attached, what brand and how many kg it has. I want to buy one and fix it at the same position.

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpeg
    IMG_0771.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 264

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Maybe someone can tell me how many kilograms the original extinguisher weighs and which company made it? Maybe with a photo of the fixation in front of the passenger seat. Thx.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe someone can tell me how many kilograms the original extinguisher weighs and which company made it? Maybe with a photo of the fixation in front of the passenger seat. Thx.
The Ineos accessory fire extinguisher is 1 kg. If you check in the configurator, it's available in the second tier of the safety equipment. There are bound to be other pictures in the media section, but here's one I found in about 10 seconds:

11586-ab29bdc0f0c9d841b0b9671fd52676a4.jpg

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
Here you go my man . 1kg . Mounted just at the base of the passenger seat . Press button to release . Clean install . Hope this helps .

Attachments

• IMG_5547.jpeg
    IMG_5547.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 316

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
I found that all the holes are available on all cars , and just covered by the floor . I bet if you lift the plastic you will find the mounting holes . From there is easy going . Good luck my man ! We need pictures of what you come up with !!!
Having said that now i am
Curious if the same mounting holes are available on the other side ( for the times the chassis is meant to be a LHD . ) will have a look tomorrow . Might be a good place for a second extinguisher . Xmmmmm.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Ich habe festgestellt, dass alle Löcher an allen Autos verfügbar sind und nur vom Boden bedeckt sind. Ich wette, wenn Sie den Kunststoff anheben, werden Sie die Befestigungslöcher finden. Von dort aus ist es einfach. Viel Glück, mein Mann! Wir brauchen Bilder von dem, was Sie sich einfallen lassen !!!
Nachdem ich das gesagt habe, bin ich jetzt
Neugierig, ob die gleichen Befestigungslöcher auf der anderen Seite verfügbar sind (für die Zeiten, in denen das Chassis ein LHD sein soll. ) werde ich morgen einen Blick darauf werfen. Könnte ein guter Ort für einen zweiten Feuerlöscher sein. Xmmmmm.
Today the fire extinguisher came with a bracket, but it's not big enough to cover the two screw holes. The screw holes are present and glued. I removed the front seat, removed the footwell panels and saw how I could solve the problem. It was just not fixed enough for me with a Velcro strap. I have now placed it under the seat, it can be removed quickly in an emergency and is the best option for me at the moment. I used a screw and the fixing strap for the tool.IMG_7614.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7617.jpeg
    IMG_7617.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_7615.jpeg
    IMG_7615.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 218
Back
Top Bottom