The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
The 1kg/2.2lb fire extinguisher that comes in this kit; anyone know where it stores? (I'm hoping under the knees on a front seat, like my Cayenne TSSY)
How about the 2 warning triangles, 2 reflective warning vests, and first aid kit; where do those store?

Pics would be wonderful if possible. Thanks much!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I think some of it is stored in the rear 70% door.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
I work on the principle that if I (or my passenger if I'm knocked unconscious) can't get the FE in my hands in 10-15 seconds, it's mounted in the wrong place.
And 1kg is the bare minimum.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
If there was an accident, you usually have an impact at the front or at the back. At least, this is statistically the most likely scenario.
If you're hit at the back, you can not get to the kit any more. But usually there are no injuries where the kit could help or could help any more.

If you're hit at the front, you can still get to the kit - provided the door opens and you're not knocked out.

So I wonder where to put the kit. The only place which comes to my mind is indeed the rear door or below the passenger seat.

What do you think?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
If there was an accident, you usually have an impact at the front or at the back. At least, this is statistically the most likely scenario.
If you're hit at the back, you can not get to the kit any more. But usually there are no injuries where the kit could help or could help any more.

If you're hit at the front, you can still get to the kit - provided the door opens and you're not knocked out.

So I wonder where to put the kit. The only place which comes to my mind is indeed the rear door or below the passenger seat.

What do you think?
If you are hit in the back there might be someone else be involved who needs your help.
For me the places under the driver and co-drivers seat are the best places as you can access everything fast.
If the impact is that hard that you can not open your door, it is probably someone else's turn to provide help...
Nevertheless the back door is a far better place than somewhere buried in the trunk like I have seen it a dozens times!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score

What do you think?
I do both.
My patented saying is : think of the worse case scenario...and double it!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
The 1kg/2.2lb fire extinguisher that comes in this kit; anyone know where it stores? (I'm hoping under the knees on a front seat, like my Cayenne TSSY)
bc33141c-be66-4095-886d-69f368b134e9.jpg18_20230103_154749.JPG
Where it's been seen...
How about the 2 warning triangles, 2 reflective warning vests, and first aid kit; where do those store?

Pics would be wonderful if possible. Thanks much!
B15005F3-7ACC-4D97-BAC2-E8F1F56230FA.jpeg
Will be a squeeze to fit both warning triangles in there with the first aid kit.

I thought that, in France, hi viz vests had to be reachable from your seat before exiting a vehicle?

Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
Agreed with you both; first aid should be in the interior cabin vs rear door.
Thank you DCPU for these pics! Glad to see the fire ext under pass seat where I'd have expected it.
I wonder how the accessibility of warning triangle/first aid will be impacted by the drop down camp table; maybe the supporting structure for that goes around the perimeter of the fasteners there and the backside of the mount is open to allow access of triangle/first aid?

Back
Top Bottom