The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bulb kit?

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
I’ll be taking my Grenadier over the Channel to France this year, and will need to make sure I’m prepared. I know I’ll need to do the headlight conversion, and to a supplement my reflective jackets (which I’m moving so they’re reachable from the front seats), warning triangle, fire extinguisher and first aid kit with…
  • a UK sticker
  • do the headlight conversion
  • bulb kit
It’s the last one I’m a bit unsure about. Any tips on what I should get? Will a generic set be suitable, or are there specific bulbs I need to get? Bonus points for a convenient UK Amazon link 😀

I’ve also been told that although it’s not legally required any more it’s probably still a good idea to take a couple of breathalysers? Any experiences?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
There are no "bulbs" in the Grenadier - lights are LED units and very expensive. Carrying a spare is not economic or required, (and they are a bit bulky).

Have you got your Crit' Air? https://certificat-air.gouv.fr/

The headlight conversion is a bit of sticky tape in a specific place on the headlight - see the manual.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you!

I was a bit worried that an officious officer might fine me for not having spare bulbs but reading a bit more about it and (according to this anyway) the fine is for driving with a bulb out, not for not having a spare.

Yep, applied for the Crit Air 1 sticker today (and emailed to check if I can display it on the passenger side rather than the driver side!). I’m not expecting to drive in any cities but better to be on the safe side.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I have a yellow Crit' Air Sticker 2, (modern Euro6 diesel) on the Grenadier. We went to France 02/12/2023

Attachments

• Gren - Le Shuttle - 1.jpeg
    Gren - Le Shuttle - 1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have a yellow Crit' Air Sticker 2, (modern Euro6 diesel) on the Grenadier. We went to France 02/12/2023
Interesting! Petrol (also Euro 6 of course) is Crit Air 1 and your Diesel was Crit Air 2. Didn’t know that.

Did you display it on the bottom left per the instructions? I’m hoping to be told the bottom right is fine for RHD cars.

Back
Top Bottom