The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fender / checker plate question

Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
In the US you pay the dealer to install all accessories - labor rate I saw was $265/hr. They should provide an estimated cost sheet before they install with the time for each accessory. The dealer in LA was able to do that.
If dealer installed accessories are spec'd at the time an order is placed for the vehicle some dealers are not charging any additional fee for the installation. This is the case at Red Noland in Colorado Springs. If later you want additional accessories installed that were not spec'd as part of the original purchase then labor charges apply.

Local time
Reaction score
Can the checker plate be ordered from an agent for Euro and UK models? It would seem unwise as the checker plate almost encourages you to stand on the fender and these models lack the fender reinforcement.

Reactions: Max

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The checkers retail for $330 if purchased separately and the installation charge at my dealer is $490, making the total cost installed at $820. Each checker is fastened with eight rivets and there are installation instructions on the UK INEOS website.
It would be your choice to install them yourself.
I have not attempted to stand on them...

Attachments

• tempImagecF5qL8.jpg
    tempImagecF5qL8.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 89

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nearly $500 in labor? Oi.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
The Euro and UK spec models do not have the heavy duty fenders because of pedestrian impact standards. The Australian and US models do have reinforced fenders that are rated for 150kg. The rating is for 150kg with or without the checker plate. The plate is simply a scuff resistance surface that is added on top of the fenders and does not impact the load rating. The attached image is from the Ineos accessory catalog. Note that the wording is confusing. The fenders come from the factory with additional reinforcement underneath that allow for the high load rating, again outside the Euro zone. The checker plate is an accessory that is installed by a dealer/agent to protect the paint if an owner wants to use the fenders as a working platform.

View attachment 7840403
Ah- okay! Didn‘t catch that there is this difference between EU and Non-Eu models. Thanks for the explanation. 👍🏻

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
Usually stepping to higher ground, the roof to get away from the lions. :ROFLMAO:
Maybe suggest some sort of rear ladder? ;) ;) from which you can actually get on the roof!

Reactions: Max

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
The Euro and UK spec models do not have the heavy duty fenders because of pedestrian impact standards. The Australian and US models do have reinforced fenders that are rated for 150kg. The rating is for 150kg with or without the checker plate. The plate is simply a scuff resistance surface that is added on top of the fenders and does not impact the load rating. The attached image is from the Ineos accessory catalog. Note that the wording is confusing. The fenders come from the factory with additional reinforcement underneath that allow for the high load rating, again outside the Euro zone. The checker plate is an accessory that is installed by a dealer/agent to protect the paint if an owner wants to use the fenders as a working platform.

View attachment 7840403
This from the US accessory brochure

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-18 8.33.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 8.33.53 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 77

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
i'm very intrigued how the RoW vehicles have had their bonnet wings/fenders reinforced. If anyone who has the reinforced ones can shed some light (and pics if access) on how they appear to be strengthened then I would be very grateful. Tks

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This from the US accessory brochure
@TCMBoulder

This was my recollection. I don’t disagree with your questioning how a thin sheet of aluminum can provide an additional 130 pounds of support, but that’s what IA claims.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I really like the utility of the protection plates and they are 5-bar, which is uncommon in the US. However, I will never drill holes in my wings!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I really like the utility of the protection plates and they are 5-bar, which is uncommon in the US. However, I will never drill holes in my wings!
5 bar?

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
The number of bars comprising each block.

Does anything else on the vehicle have this pattern? I'm partial to the look of conventional diamond plate. Perhaps the 5-bar version has better slip resistance?

Back
Top Bottom