The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fender / checker plate question

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
I was doing some research for my QM and came across a US company making some gear for the Grenadier SW. One of those pieces is Chequer Plate for hood. They supply rivets or you can use 3M tape.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
I was doing some research for my QM and came across a US company making some gear for the Grenadier SW. One of those pieces is Chequer Plate for hood. They supply rivets or you can use 3M tape.
I got the overhead console panel from them, quality was good.
I had to return the front bumper guard due to some quality issues - sharp burrs.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
I have had aluminum protection plates (Damero) on all the Defender/Series I have owned, and I have never bought them from a supplier, I have simply bought a 3mm "Damero" plate, which is insultingly cheap, I have cut it with a press, I have given the aluminum a good primer and a good layer of protective paint and I have placed them with rivets and I have never had any corrosion or any other problem. The current problem is that in Europe/United Kingdom, due to legislation for the Pedestrian protection is now prohibited, and if you install them after the fact, you will not pass the ITV, and you risk a substantial fine for potentially dangerous modification of the vehicle, and also the immobilization of the vehicle until you return it to its original state.

Having seen the topic and after my experience (I rarely climbed on the fin of the Defenfer td5) I would like to put a protection plate on it for aesthetics and functionality, since it is a perfect place to rest anything and it would end up scratching the paint, for me The ideal would be to find a plastic material plate (ABS) of the type that the new Defender installs, perhaps in matte.

I have contacted different companies that work with this material to propose the possibility of manufacturing it but so far none have shown interest, I will continue trying and if anyone is interested I will comment here, if anyone of you knows a company willing to do it, could I do your own

To the companies I have contacted, in addition to the "Damero" model, I have also passed on this other one. Saludos

image007.jpg

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
I think the ABS type plate would be a good middle ground. Not heard of the rubber matte version before as mentioned above but I would bother with that, DIY PPF would seem a better option on the wing top tbh.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
I have had aluminum protection plates (Damero) on all the Defender/Series I have owned, and I have never bought them from a supplier, I have simply bought a 3mm "Damero" plate, which is insultingly cheap, I have cut it with a press, I have given the aluminum a good primer and a good layer of protective paint and I have placed them with rivets and I have never had any corrosion or any other problem. The current problem is that in Europe/United Kingdom, due to legislation for the Pedestrian protection is now prohibited, and if you install them after the fact, you will not pass the ITV, and you risk a substantial fine for potentially dangerous modification of the vehicle, and also the immobilization of the vehicle until you return it to its original state.

Having seen the topic and after my experience (I rarely climbed on the fin of the Defenfer td5) I would like to put a protection plate on it for aesthetics and functionality, since it is a perfect place to rest anything and it would end up scratching the paint, for me The ideal would be to find a plastic material plate (ABS) of the type that the new Defender installs, perhaps in matte.

I have contacted different companies that work with this material to propose the possibility of manufacturing it but so far none have shown interest, I will continue trying and if anyone is interested I will comment here, if anyone of you knows a company willing to do it, could I do your own

To the companies I have contacted, in addition to the "Damero" model, I have also passed on this other one. Saludos

View attachment 7854852
Hi Paco, I would recommend real rubber flooring. They have lots of surface designs. With a bit of time on the internet you should find something that will work nicely.
Here's a link to one product to give you an idea. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom