The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Fan not stopping after vehicle stopped.

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
Just returned from a 10km trip to fuel and post office and the fan did not switch off. It is the first time it has done this... Very loud, like a particularly noisy workshop vacuum, but after about 5 minutes it decided to switch off by itself.

What's going on and what should I do about it? Is it anything really serious?

Thanks for your help

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
It is the DPF cleaning routine.
No need to be concerned.

has been mentioned here:
Just to clarify - the outside temperature today is 26 deg C, and I have never used the a/c since I bought my Grenadier. I take it I should not worry?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
Just returned from a 10km trip to fuel and post office and the fan did not switch off. It is the first time it has done this... Very loud, like a particularly noisy workshop vacuum, but after about 5 minutes it decided to switch off by itself.

What's going on and what should I do about it? Is it anything really serious?

Thanks for your help
This is totally normal Imho. Sometimes it does it on a small trip when the car is hardly stressed. I’m hoping the softw update sorts it.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
I had it also several times, and mine is a petrol.

I am not 100% sure, but it could be "after cooling": when the motor stops running, the cooling system stops too, therefore the heat builds up at some critical places. By continuing the cooling during some minutes, you avoid damage.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
I’m getting this on my petrol Grenadier especially after working it hard. After the Gannaga pass at 32c my fan ran for about 10mins after turning the engine off.
Nothing to worry about is my guess. It’s doing what it should do to shut the engine and components down safely

Vote:
Upvote 0

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
It's an important safety feature to protect the turbo etc. The heat sink in turbo engines working hard then shut down, can cause oil degradation issues. Fan running after shut down has been a standard feature of turbo engined Subarus for many years.
Running the engine with less stress for 10 mins prior to shut down to enable cooling will greatly assist. Opening the bonnet if feasible after stopping to help dissipate the heat also helps.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom