The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Eibach Springs 30mm+ and BF KO1 285/75R17 (VIDEO)

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Pretty interesting about the install of the springs and tires. I was surprised how diffucult it was to change springs- a lot of stuff to potentially jack up.

Looks like they are doing a bunch of mods, I'd like to see what the total height is on this mod. This is what I was thinking of doing.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am having my kit and some 35x11.50 17 tires put on the truck on Wednesday. The shop quoted me 5 hrs of potential labor costs. I still don't see how it will take that long, but I don't have time to do it right now, so I agreed.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
This seems excessive. Have others who have lifted had to do all this? Spring compressors might make this a bit easier.
Frankly it was a bit of a job even with compressors, about five hours seems reasonable to me.
Access is a bit tight on the rear starboard side around the fuel tank. Front was somewhat easier.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The weirdest thing is that they go into what I consider deep-detail on the install, and then show almost no pictures or video of it completed? I know this part of a whole build for them, but this step is really the only one (or at least for now) that I want to take. I’d really like to see how it looks before they start adding more weight and crap to it.

Local time
Reaction score
I have the schwaben spring compressors, but sometimes there's so much crap in the way you end up removing 90% of the stuff anyway. I'm getting old. 5hrs, is 700 with the alignment and sounds fair to me.

Local time
Reaction score
The bigger question is when a proper lift will be available. All taller springs do is move the vehicle higher into its suspension travel, reducing droop and increasing available compression travel from the static position. Springs alone don't actually provide any more tire clearance because the axle can still compress to the OEM location against the bump stops. A true lift will include longer shocks and extended bump stops at a minimum. This will result in greater overall suspension travel and a true increase in tire clearance. And for the Grenadier specifically it appears longer brake lines will also be necessary as the OEM lines do not have any extra length and will be put under stress by the extra droop of longer shocks.

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I am having my kit and some 35x11.50 17 tires put on the truck on Wednesday. The shop quoted me 5 hrs of potential labor costs. I still don't see how it will take that long, but I don't have time to do it right now, so I agreed.
Will you post up with a few pictures when you’re squared away? Would also love to hear your opinion on how the gearing is effected at highway speeds and generally how the brakes handle the added weight. Appreciate it! - This is on my very short list!

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Will you post up with a few pictures when you’re squared away? Would also love to hear your opinion on how the gearing is effected at highway speeds and generally how the brakes handle the added weight. Appreciate it! - This is on my very short list!
Yup! Work is being done right now.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the "Euro" 30mm F/R kit or the "US" 2.5"/1.2" kit?
This is the US 2.5/1.2 kit. I have to go back for an alignment. The Hunter balancer didn't recognize the vin. They are going to input, create a file, or whatever with the Ineos specs that have been posted here.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the US 2.5/1.2 kit. I have to go back for an alignment. The Hunter balancer didn't recognize the vin. They are going to input, create a file, or whatever with the Ineos specs that have been posted here.
Yeah the same deal happened with my local shop when they did my alignment. He just put it in as a "Jeep" to do the alignment since we knew the exact specs that we were shooting for

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
Even 35s look small on these. 40s next? :LOL: Seriously let us know about gearing performance on and off road.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even 35s look small on these. 40s next? :LOL: Seriously let us know about gearing performance on and off road.
Yeah - I'm very curious what the driveability is like on those monsters!

Back
Top Bottom