The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dual Batteries and Fridge

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
Thought I would see what the fridge would do if left on for a couple of days. I have a 37l ARB that I plugged in and stuck some room temp waters and soda in. Left the truck parked outside in Tucson, AZ. Donny Gray, no shade, no additional insulation for the fridge, just sitting in the sun. Now it wasn’t hot, mid 60s high, I would assume it would be different in the summer at 110. 48hrs and the batteries dropped from 96% to 64%. I think that is pretty encouraging.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I woke up to this yesterday. A bit of a shock as power has never been below 80% before according to the onboard monitor. Vehicle parked up for 18hrs. Fridge running and lots of kit charging. DecidedIMG_9808.jpeg to try and start and started easily and reading changed quickly to 81% charge. A computer glitch I suppose 🤔.
Grenadier petrol with dual battery system.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
I woke up to this yesterday. A bit of a shock as power has never been below 80% before according to the onboard monitor. Vehicle parked up for 18hrs. Fridge running and lots of kit charging. DecidedView attachment 7839756 to try and start and started easily and reading changed quickly to 81% charge. A computer glitch I suppose 🤔.
Yes IME that charge reading is somewhat Jekyll and Hyde, just a guide. Like holding your finger up to test the wind direction.
Turn it off, have a cuppa tea and start up = all good.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thought I would see what the fridge would do if left on for a couple of days. I have a 37l ARB that I plugged in and stuck some room temp waters and soda in. Left the truck parked outside in Tucson, AZ. Donny Gray, no shade, no additional insulation for the fridge, just sitting in the sun. Now it wasn’t hot, mid 60s high, I would assume it would be different in the summer at 110. 48hrs and the batteries dropped from 96% to 64%. I think that is pretty encouraging.

Call me old achool, but I’d rather the starter stay at 90% plus and guarantee a car start, and have the secondary down to min safe level before shutting down the fridge if not recharged.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Call me old achool, but I’d rather the starter stay at 90% plus and guarantee a car start, and have the secondary down to min safe level before shutting down the fridge if not recharged.
Just get the Noco jumpstarter and backup your backups!
It fits nicely next to the aux battery togerher with a multimeter.

Danoz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
We have a Dometic cff45. Had it @2°C out 4wd on rear power adapter. Got home left it overnight to see the battery status. dropped from 96% to 85% in 12 hrs @ avg overnight temp of approximately 25°C. Batteries back upto 98% inside of 5 klm drive. I was happy with that.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I woke up to this yesterday. A bit of a shock as power has never been below 80% before according to the onboard monitor. Vehicle parked up for 18hrs. Fridge running and lots of kit charging. DecidedView attachment 7839756 to try and start and started easily and reading changed quickly to 81% charge. A computer glitch I suppose 🤔.
I had the same after a DPF regen. Showed 0%, started and went straight to 76%. My vehicle is in for 6 recall items tomorrow. Will ask about this.

Desert Max DXB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I run my big Waeco fridge 60L all night no issues with dual battery system.

Attachments

• 20240111_171747.jpg
    20240111_171747.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was curious how large of a lithium battery I could put in current backup battery space. Would a 200a battery be able to fit there? I like the thought of running my fridge all I want off this. I don’t think I’ll have solar for a while. With the current setup I drain to about 75~80% overnight.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the same after a DPF regen. Showed 0%, started and went straight to 76%. My vehicle is in for 6 recall items tomorrow. Will ask about this.
All seems good now since I’ve done a maintenance charge with the smart charger. Prior to that it had been sat around for a while over the festive holidays so maybe battery a bit depleted.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All seems good now since I’ve done a maintenance charge with the smart charger. Prior to that it had been sat around for a while over the festive holidays so maybe battery a bit depleted.
The batteries are my concern. I have the Aux battery option and with the vehicle still sitting at the dealer waiting for their license I am concerned about both. The dealer is claiming to be utilizing battery tenders but not sure if that includes the aux battery or not.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The batteries are my concern. I have the Aux battery option and with the vehicle still sitting at the dealer waiting for their license I am concerned about both. The dealer is claiming to be utilizing battery tenders but not sure if that includes the aux battery or not.
If the battery tender is on the primary battery, and voltage gets high enough the Smartpass should "think" the alternator is charging and thus connect both batteries together, thus charging both

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the battery tender is on the primary battery, and voltage gets high enough the Smartpass should "think" the alternator is charging and thus connect both batteries together, thus charging both
👍🏼. Exactly how it works.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

The guy below says he has a really good Grenadier without any of the problems you do. He says you’re probably just doing things wrong and should read the manual.

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1121.jpeg

Last edited:

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
He has a diesel, that’s where he went wrong.
If you browse the other thread he basically says he thinks everyone with issues is making it up and that his has been great. Then here he is complaining about his 6 recalls lol.

petercgiugni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Can i just confirm you plugged this into the 12V (10 amp) socket in the rear loadspace? No modifications to set up out of the factory?

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, just the 12v. Turn on the overhead switch so it doesn’t shut off. Works pretty well

Back
Top Bottom