The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

(Disappointed after 5000 km....shame could have been a good car.) Enttäuscht nach 5000 km….schade hätte ein gutes Auto werden können.

Smarty24

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
I use Sygic - off-line maps for whole country so brilliant up here in North Queensland Australia.

As for rest of commentary. I agree the early adopters - us are definitely seeing more than normal bugs / issues compared to an established brand. But that is not a surprise. Personally I just drove mine on 500km trips twice last week and had the best drive for a long time. My other car is a bmw X6 and tbh I preferred doing the long drive in the ineos.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, and it takes all sorts to make the world are two adages that come to mind.

I love my vehicle. Many others do too. For those that don’t - my unsolicited advice is to sell for a profit and move on. The resale market is pretty strong so good outcome for existing disgruntled and excited potential new buyer too.

Thanks for sharing your story. The number of faults you experience is more than me which is sad to hear and is definitely not typical, so should be rectifiable by the service agent would be my take on it.

Good luck.
hmm...if you follow developments in the forums and groups, there are more and more statements about problems with the number of vehicles delivered. Example: When it came to diesel vibrations, it was said that only a few vehicles from the first deliveries were affected. A recent post in a Facebook group quickly showed that there are a lot of vehicles that have this problem...and also ones that have just been delivered! The many other problems are also becoming more and more frequent. Air conditioning is also becoming an increasingly common problem. As an owner you can only hope that Ineos can help, but some owners complain that the vehicles have been in the workshop for 4 weeks. It used to be said that with the Defender, which had a 3-year guarantee, most defects would be corrected after 3 years. So maybe Ineos calculated that way and after 5 years of repairs the vehicles will then be running.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
Excellent point and one that is a top concern for me. I'm fortunate to have only a 2.5 hour drive to the nearest dealer/service center. But when you couple that long a drive plus the prospect of a bunch of head scratchin' and beard pullin' when you bring it in for service until you finally hear: "Good news! We've isolated the issue to the thingamabob. Of course, we'll have to order the new part, but first the part needs to be in stock before we can order it, and it's not actually in stock - darn supply chain issues(!) - and we don't know when it will be back in stock - so, we'll keep you posted" and you have a recipe for major frustration. Maybe Ineos should add a new 3D Printer Accessory option to the Configurator.
Never mind being in stock, how about one part I'm waiting for not having been allocated a part number yet so can't be ordered...

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
@RYAustralia
thank you for the tip re. Sygic. I used it years ago when visiting the UK and Ireland. However I sort of lost touch as it was on a Samsung tablet which is now out of date (Android 4 not able to be updated).
Are you able to use Sygic on the screen in the Grenadier via your phone? And is the phone Android or Apple?
I used it with apple, but android works too according to developer. On screen fully functional including turn by turn nav, even chimes for railways, traffic light cams, and does very nice speed limit warnings. Can't fault it . I paid for the full version, unlocking all functions.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I used it with apple, but android works too according to developer. On screen fully functional including turn by turn nav, even chimes for railways, traffic light cams, and does very nice speed limit warnings. Can't fault it . I paid for the full version, unlocking all functions.
Great! I checked my Samsung phone Apps. settings and discovered that 10 yrs ago I'd bought a lifetime "world licence" (we had big plans .. they didn't eventuate) which I'd forgotten about.... Sygic thus discounted the annual premium upgrade for 1/3 current subscription. (or 15L diesel at current prices😉😄) AND it works with Android auto. So. thank you again!(y)

Burki

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The good things:
  • Very nice and comfortable driving
  • Powerful car
  • Spaceful
  • Start-Stop works very fast and nicely
  • Nice fixation rails and anchor points in the car
  • Fantastic off-road performance compared to my Suzuki Grand Vitara (my former car), and as good or probably better than my Mitsubishi Pajero (1991-2000)
Very nice and comfortable driving??? Not really for me, my T6 is better in comfortable driving.
Powerful car: yes and no, yes, when you like cruising only or powerful stand-ups in the forest or in the OZ never never areas. no, when you mention speed, my A110 is in 4 seconds on 100km/h.
Spaceful?? Not at all, I couldn´t manage my holidays to Southern France with the Grenny (two Belgian Shepherds and some necessary accessoires. the T6 made it easily).
Start-Stop: yes , this is really good in the Grenny, but who needs this?
Off road performance: yes, better then my T6 4motion, this is the only big benefit of the Grenny, the rest is standard or bullshit or both.

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice and comfortable driving??? Not really for me, my T6 is better in comfortable driving.
Powerful car: yes and no, yes, when you like cruising only, no, when you mention speed, my A110 is in 4 seconds on 100km/h
Spaceful?? Not at all, I couldn´t manage my holidays to Southern France with the Grenny (two Belgian Shepherds and some necessary accessoires. the T6 made it easily).
Off road performance: yes, better then my T6 4motion, this is the only big benefit of the Grenny, the rest is standard or bullshit.
Wondering how you get along with an A110 off the road. Comparing should be apples 2 apples ?

Burki

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wondering how you get along with an A110 off the road. Comparing should be apples 2 apples ?
Therefore I bought the Grenny (and as an emergency car for the next climate, fire, water or what ever catastrophe) and therefore I love the Grenny.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Powerful car: yes and no, yes, when you like cruising only or powerful stand-ups in the forest or in the OZ never never areas. no, when you mention speed, my A110 is in 4 seconds on 100km/h.
Off road performance: yes, better then my T6 4motion, this is the only big benefit of the Grenny, the rest is standard or bullshit or both.
With respect this is really silly. The Grenadier is a large heavy high clearance vehicle with live axles. You knew that or if you didn’t you should have, it is extremely comfortable and refined for what it is.
Of course you had more space in your van ….. its a van for gods sake.

And your speed comparison is again very silly, what do you expect from a 2.5-3 ton brick shaped 4wd. It is extremely powerful for what it is.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
With respect this is really silly. The Grenadier is a large heavy high clearance vehicle with live axles. You knew that or if you didn’t you should have, it is extremely comfortable and refined for what it is.
Of course you had more space in your van ….. its a van for gods sake.

And your speed comparison is again very silly, what do you expect from a 2.5-3 ton brick shaped 4wd. It is extremely powerful for what it is.
@AnD3rew I was just thinking and you wrote it, thank you, I totally agree with you.

Burki

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Guys, to be clear, I think the Grenny is a great car and I don't regret buying it because for me it is a modern reliable vehicle to be well prepared for future disasters.
A few years ago I experienced the Ahr Valley flood disaster first hand. I had water 1 meter high in the basement and bunker and I was helpless without power and communication.
If I had had Grenny back then, things would have been easier and some people wouldn't have had to die.
That's why and only because of that I bought and converted the Grenny.
I can hardly motivate my wife and other friends to use it as an everyday car. I can understand Smarty24 very well.
They say (sometimes rightly): it's just too strenuous to drive it shopping or drive a few hundred kilometers on the motorway to a business meeting.
No offense, I love the Grenny. But it's not "the universal, all-purpose hypercar that always makes me happy."

Last edited:

Smarty24

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got the car on May 11, 9500 km on the counter.
Love it or sell it!
Jean Mercier described it well today.
@Jean Mercier: Thank you!
Sorry, but this statement is complete nonsense. Many people like the car and therefore bought it. People trusted Ineos and paid a lot of money, accepted waiting times and received a product with many errors. Ineos is unable to remedy the situation and is unable to communicate sensibly. It's interesting that Ineos is defended so strongly in this forum. In other groups the tenor is now definitely different. But perhaps it is also due to different usage profiles in different countries. Here in France on the country road at speeds of 30 to 90 I don't notice any vibrations, but on the highway at 100-120 km/h the car rumbles. It's nice that my consumption is getting better and better when I fill up the tank and the range was given as 760 km... by the way, I still have that after driving 200 km. You have to have a lot of humor with this car.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ich bedaure es und verstehe den Ärger, wenn das neue, lange ersehnte Auto so viel Ärger bereitet.
Mein INEOS hat nach zweieinhalb Monaten nun 5.000 km herunter. Ich hatte fast gar keinen Elektronik-Ärger (okay, Dings und Dongs und Fehlermeldungen aller Art) bisher. Das Auto war noch nicht in der Werkstatt. Türknöpfe muss ich ab und zu nachschmieren, sonst hängen sie.
Auto läuft problemlos, sparsam (rund 12 Liter Diesel auf Kurzstrecke), mit dem Verbrennen der Rußpartikel kann ich die ganze Nachbarschaft unterhalten (Lärm ohne Ende, auch nach dem Abstellen des Motors). Bereue meine Entscheidung nicht. Hoffe die Zuverlässigkeit bleibt.
ICH LIEBE MEINEN GRENADIER!

WPP

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier , you probably have the only Grenadier in the world with a start/stop function working!
On mine start/stop does work and I very often just turn it off while driving in the city. I use it as my daly drive and got used to all the little annoying things which, on a way, make the Gren kind of a "family" member :D

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On mine start/stop does work and I very often just turn it off while driving in the city. I use it as my daly drive and got used to all the little annoying things which, on a way, make the Gren kind of a "family" member :D
@WPP Is this a petrol or diesel version? I could be wrong, but I have the impression the Start/stop function only is working (sometimes working) on the petrol version and not on the diesel version. are there Diesel drivers out there with a functioning start/stop system?

WPP

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@WPP Is this a petrol or diesel version? I could be wrong, but I have the impression the Start/stop function only is working (sometimes working) on the petrol version and not on the diesel version. are there Diesel drivers out there with a functioning start/stop system?
Mine is Diesel.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
I have just translated a few of Smarty24 posts and I do sympathise. I was told that my vehicle would have a software update within 4 weeks of delivery and I'm still waiting nearly 4 months later.

I don't have random bongs, seat belt warnings or even leaks. But regardless of the severity - we should not be tolerating vehicles with faults months after launch. As a consequence I understand your dissatisfaction, I hope we all regardless of nationality get the vehicle we expected in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom