The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Detailing at Home

desertdefender

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
I got tired of the crappy "unlimited" car wash subscription that never got the salt off the undercarriage of my previous truck and swirled the paint, so after I brought the Grenadier home this week, I decided to build my own car wash.

I placed an order for this setup today:

Does anybody have experience with high end electric power washers? Hoping this is a nice upgrade over the gas powered one I had that finally seized up this winter. It will pull warm water from my water heater nearby and it has a deionizer for spot-free rinsing.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
Hankered after a Kranzle myself however, having purchased a diesel, hot water pressure washer some years ago, I have had no need of anything else.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
I got tired of the crappy "unlimited" car wash subscription that never got the salt off the undercarriage of my previous truck and swirled the paint, so after I brought the Grenadier home this week, I decided to build my own car wash.

I placed an order for this setup today:

Does anybody have experience with high end electric power washers? Hoping this is a nice upgrade over the gas powered one I had that finally seized up this winter. It will pull warm water from my water heater nearby and it has a deionizer for spot-free rinsing.
This setup seems quite robust and beefy for the at home DIYer, I love it and would love to have something similar (I too loath a salty undercarriage) I am curious if you have a plan,solution, or device in mind that will be used with this setup to specifically clean and rinse the undercarriage?

Currently I have one of those Ryobi undercarriage cleaner attachments on wheels for my electric presssure washer wand and I don’t find it very effective for a couple reasons:
-the volume of water that moves through it is pitiful
-the pressure that it generates only a few inches from the nozzles is very weak and with only high clearance vehicles in my garage it just doesn’t do much (unless I lift it up to get close to the frame and underside which is a total PIA)

Attachments

• Ryobi.jpeg
    Ryobi.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
This setup seems quite robust and beefy for the at home DIYer, I love it and would love to have something similar (I too loath a salty undercarriage) I am curious if you have a plan,solution, or device in mind that will be used with this setup to specifically clean and rinse the undercarriage?

Currently I have one of those Ryobi undercarriage cleaner attachments on wheels for my electric presssure washer wand and I don’t find it very effective for a couple reasons:
-the pressure that it generates only a few inches from the nozzles is very weak and with only high clearance vehicles in my garage it just doesn’t do much (unless I lift it up to get close to the frame and underside which is a total PIA)
Interesting to read that the performance is not that great. Maybe I should just use my lawn sprinkler. 🤷‍♂️

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score

Hi NoMoTaco, Do you have a pressure washer connected to it or just a hose?
DaBull

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Just my 2p worth. Kranzle washers are very good and the choice of a lot of professional detailers. Generally they are considered professional cleaners.

Cheshire cat, I can see why you are pleased with your set up. Those cleaners are right up the range, very nice.

NoMoTaco is it the actual device that is giving the poor performance, or is it the pressure washer you have it connected to ? I assume you are not trying to drive it just with a hose. You might find that your washer is just underpowered, hence the poor performance. I suspect that if you have a Ryobi tool, then your washer is Ryobi as well, so this may be the case.

If you want to keep salt off things try getting it professionally steam cleaned and then coating the vehicle yourself with something like Lanoguard.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi NoMoTaco, Do you have a pressure washer connected to it or just a hose?
DaBull
DaBull Yea I am using a pressure washer, the undercarriage device I listed above actually attaches to the end of the wand portion

Shaky I suspect you are probably correct in that the pressure washer itself is not up to task. I kind of made the assumption that the output from the undercarriage rinse device would match that of the wand output when used for traditional applications. However, with the four nozzle outputs on the undercarriage device as opposed to the single output on the wand, it makes sense that perhaps a more powerful/higher flow pressure washer may resolve this. I would love to see how the setup listed by OP would work with an undercarriage attachment

Attached is the Ryobi PW I am using

Attachments

• tempImagevTNvVU.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 16

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Having looked at your pressure washer, I don’t think you have a problem with it tbh. It looks like it has quite good performance.

Not sure if the wash tool isn’t very good or you may be expecting to much from it (I don’t judge, and don’t mean it in a derogatory way).

What about trying one a different nozzle end on the washer. Have you seen the metal 90 degree washer lance ends that are designed for getting under cars etc. that might be a cheapish option for you buddy. I have seen them on eBay.in the UK.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having looked at your pressure washer, I don’t think you have a problem with it tbh. It looks like it has quite good performance.

Not sure if the wash tool isn’t very good or you may be expecting to much from it (I don’t judge, and don’t mean it in a derogatory way).

What about trying one a different nozzle end on the washer. Have you seen the metal 90 degree washer lance ends that are designed for getting under cars etc. that might be a cheapish option for you buddy. I have seen them on eBay.in the UK.
I think you are right, my expectations are a bit high for this devices capabilities at the distance from the floor to underside of my vehicles, I am going to look into a solution that will get the undercarriage washer closer to the Frame and underside while being able to maneuver (i.e. not having to lift and hold it up myself)

Back
Top Bottom