The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sloshing sound discovered!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:57 PM
Reaction score
Not long after I picked up my vehicle in early November I noticed a sloshing sound on the RHS. My Grenadier has a safari roof leak on the opposite side , however there was water under the RHS floor rubber - which I dried , and it's remained dry since. The roof doesn't leak and I don't have the door wash "function".
I've washed the car , it sits outside in the rain and I haven't driven through a river.
Today I decided to pull a rubber plug out under the sill and water poured out - maybe a litre.
I'm not entirely sure how it got in , but now it's out!

Last edited:

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Not long after I picked up my vehicle in early November I noticed a sloshing sound on the RHS. My Grenadier has a safari roof leak on the opposite side , however there was water under the RHS floor rubber - which I dried , and it's remained dry since. The roof doesn't leak and I don't have the door wash "function".
I've washed the car , it sits outside in the rain and I haven't driven through a river.
Today I decided to pull a rubber plug out under the chassis rail and water poured out - maybe a litre.
I'm not entirely sure how it got in , but now it's out!
Any chance of a picture of the location of the rubber plug under the chassis rail so others can check…..not what anyone wants or needs.

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Almost light !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Tazzieman that would be the sill panel, sorry the pedantic panel beater coming out.
You are correct , I was being a bit hasty.
It explains how the water got there and didn't get out.
Glad it's not too salty.
Which begs the question how does it get in, and where do the floor drains empty?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Almost light !
That's the advantage of being in the east, I won't see it till lunch time. Mind there is a bloody big hill in the way of our farm

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I had the same sloshing sounds in both sills. Chandlers had the plugs pulled out and it drained. Quiet has returned to the interior.

When members of a Land Rover forum are giving you stick about the Grenadier being too close a relative of the pre-2016 Defender, things are not great, ("ginger step-child").

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We had a vehicle on the tour that... Ummm... had a lot of water congregate in the floors. Pulled the floor drains, assumed we got it all out, and at the next stop on the tour, whilst going down a steep descent, the pro driver (who was not privy to the previous water incident) was aghast that the driver's footwell was filling with water despite being in a completely dry environment.

We found the same thing, pull the plugs in the rail and let it drain out, it was impressive how much was being "stored" in there

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We had a vehicle on the tour that... Ummm... had a lot of water congregate in the floors. Pulled the floor drains, assumed we got it all out, and at the next stop on the tour, whilst going down a steep descent, the pro driver (who was not privy to the previous water incident) was aghast that the driver's footwell was filling with water despite being in a completely dry environment.

We found the same thing, pull the plugs in the rail and let it drain out, it was impressive how much was being "stored" in there
Do you recall whether it had the safari roof?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:57 AM
Reaction score
Y'all are being super negative about Ineo's factory-provided on-board water solution. Normally you gotta pay Front Runner a premium price for a tank, which then takes up a ton of room in the footwells and really makes it tricky for passengers. Ineos's solution is super clean. Once the factory service manual is distributed folks will realize that when not using the aux water tanks you should pull the plugs. Minor little owner education piece there, but this thread has helped clarify it. Thanks Tazzieman for informing owners of this incredible feature.

(I'm attempting to be funny with sarcasm in case I layed that on too thick!)

A recommendation for folks:

Grab yourself some of these: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CBPSVQZ4/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

And a couple of cans of this:

And fill up those cavities until they drip. The lanolin-based Fluid Film won't wash off, but will displace any moisture, and will flow into any unseen nooks and crannies in those sills that might have trapped water and dust. Vehicles are well treated from factory these days for water issues, but water + grime + vibration results in those coatings and treatments wearing out fast, so any inaccessible cavities where this rust-paste can form is worth treating with a Lanolin-based product.

Fluid Film is the rust prevention tool of choice for snowplow drivers in the Northern USA and is chemically similar to the lanolin-based stuff used by RustChek here in Canada which many of us swear by for rust prevention. It's good stuff, and here's a project farm video that shows how good for this application it can be:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyWHF4NoNVk

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia we swear by fish oil. It gives everything a nice nautical fragrance and lasts for years. I spray/pour it in the door cavities of all my old cars and anywhere else where the sun don't shine.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom