The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sloshing sound discovered!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
This weekend I may pour water into the footwell and see where it drains.425385919_784837830348486_1869325487638984831_n.jpg

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
Y'all are being super negative about Ineo's factory-provided on-board water solution. Normally you gotta pay Front Runner a premium price for a tank, which then takes up a ton of room in the footwells and really makes it tricky for passengers. Ineos's solution is super clean. Once the factory service manual is distributed folks will realize that when not using the aux water tanks you should pull the plugs. Minor little owner education piece there, but this thread has helped clarify it. Thanks Tazzieman for informing owners of this incredible feature.

(I'm attempting to be funny with sarcasm in case I layed that on too thick!)

A recommendation for folks:

Grab yourself some of these: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CBPSVQZ4/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

And a couple of cans of this:

And fill up those cavities until they drip. The lanolin-based Fluid Film won't wash off, but will displace any moisture, and will flow into any unseen nooks and crannies in those sills that might have trapped water and dust. Vehicles are well treated from factory these days for water issues, but water + grime + vibration results in those coatings and treatments wearing out fast, so any inaccessible cavities where this rust-paste can form is worth treating with a Lanolin-based product.

Fluid Film is the rust prevention tool of choice for snowplow drivers in the Northern USA and is chemically similar to the lanolin-based stuff used by RustChek here in Canada which many of us swear by for rust prevention. It's good stuff, and here's a project farm video that shows how good for this application it can be:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyWHF4NoNVk
I have used this stuff on my LC200. It's easy to apply and it works great.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We had a vehicle on the tour that... Ummm... had a lot of water congregate in the floors. Pulled the floor drains, assumed we got it all out, and at the next stop on the tour, whilst going down a steep descent, the pro driver (who was not privy to the previous water incident) was aghast that the driver's footwell was filling with water despite being in a completely dry environment.

We found the same thing, pull the plugs in the rail and let it drain out, it was impressive how much was being "stored" in there
Maybe connect it to the fuel tank and have have more fuel storage 😁

Relentless

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
Had the same problem, footwells filling with water, they checked and blew out the safari window drains twice and still had the problem.
They then said it was AC tubing condensation and apparently fixed that,but was still leaking. Last week i had a look myself and removed some of the passenger side paneling and seen a leak coming from behind the glove box, It has been with the dealer a week and they now say that they had to remove most of the dash and conduct some repairs ( mine is an early model ) as the condensation from the the way the AC tubes were fitted allowed the water to pool spill into the centre console ( sloshing sound) and then overflow into the footwells. Will see what happens when i pick it up.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Had the same problem, footwells filling with water, they checked and blew out the safari window drains twice and still had the problem.
They then said it was AC tubing condensation and apparently fixed that,but was still leaking. Last week i had a look myself and removed some of the passenger side paneling and seen a leak coming from behind the glove box, It has been with the dealer a week and they now say that they had to remove most of the dash and conduct some repairs ( mine is an early model ) as the condensation from the the way the AC tubes were fitted allowed the water to pool spill into the centre console ( sloshing sound) and then overflow into the footwells. Will see what happens when i pick it up.
Mine leaked onto the glovebox. When I installed my UHF I noticed some metalwork behind had a bit of surface rust.
Collect evidence!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not long after I picked up my vehicle in early November I noticed a sloshing sound on the RHS. My Grenadier has a safari roof leak on the opposite side , however there was water under the RHS floor rubber - which I dried , and it's remained dry since. The roof doesn't leak and I don't have the door wash "function".
I've washed the car , it sits outside in the rain and I haven't driven through a river.
Today I decided to pull a rubber plug out under the sill and water poured out - maybe a litre.
I'm not entirely sure how it got in , but now it's out!
pretty sure that was a selectable accessory on the configurator.
It has since been deleted because only a few people took it up.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
I use this stuff...

"Heavy Duty Anti-Rust Spray"

It's like a heavy spray wax that dries firm but pliable and self heals. They used to sell it in a clear/amber color. I've used it for decades. Probably similar to whats already in your frame rails.

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've used Fluid Film for years with great success for rust prevention.

More concerning is if the water accumulation is from a/c condensation. I can't imagine a scenario where if caused by a design flaw, they would have fixed it on any current vehicles coming off the factory floor. We'll have to see how many it affects(could be everyone produced thus far). I'll be monitoring closely.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If worst comes to worst , a 1 way valve in both sills...

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Great what happens when it freezes ?
You mean the on-board ice maker feature?

Cocktails is the answer to your question.

;)

(It's a good question Drahth - if there's not enough room for the water to expand in those sills when it freezes it could cause problems with door closures and seams)

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Checked with an endoscope and I suspect that in my case the water got in here. I had a lot of rain water in the foot well because of the door seal issue. Once it gets past the plug here the only way out seems to be the plugs on the bottom of the car. IMG_20240225_160927_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom