The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Demo Scheduled!

Planetfa11

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
For those of you in the Los Angeles area, the demo vehicles have arrived and are being cleaned up for test drives. According to the dealer, Rusnak Ineos Grenadier, they are available starting tomorrow Oct. 12 with an email going out today or tomorrow that has a link to book a calendar slot. I've asked to share the link but the general manager, Tim, suggested they would need a bit more time to make sure all their team are ready so he encouraged everyone to wait for the email.

We're scheduled for this Sunday Oct. 15 at 11am (would literally go today if I could but work and responsibilities come first) -- we were unable to see the Gren during previous events and the on-road performance is something we are interested in "feeling out" as well.

Good luck to everyone on getting in-person time to help each of us make our decisions. We're moving toward finalizing our order unless the on-road performance changes our mind (don't see why it would for me, I'm comfortable driving an '88 Jeep YJ with probably worse steering and wheel drift, and pokey acceleration so this is an improvement). My 5'2" wife may have her own opinions!

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
For those of you in the Los Angeles area, the demo vehicles have arrived and are being cleaned up for test drives. According to the dealer, Rusnak Ineos Grenadier, they are available starting tomorrow Oct. 12 with an email going out today or tomorrow that has a link to book a calendar slot. I've asked to share the link but the general manager, Tim, suggested they would need a bit more time to make sure all their team are ready so he encouraged everyone to wait for the email.

We're scheduled for this Sunday Oct. 15 at 11am (would literally go today if I could but work and responsibilities come first) -- we were unable to see the Gren during previous events and the on-road performance is something we are interested in "feeling out" as well.

Good luck to everyone on getting in-person time to help each of us make our decisions. We're moving toward finalizing our order unless the on-road performance changes our mind (don't see why it would for me, I'm comfortable driving an '88 Jeep YJ with probably worse steering and wheel drift, and pokey acceleration so this is an improvement). My 5'2" wife may have her own opinions!

I'm excited for you guys in LaLa land. We have not received any updates here in San Diego. Hoping to hear from Mossy soon!

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

So today I received email from Mossy IG here in San Diego. They have two locations for test drive - Trialmaster in Leucadia and Fieldmaster in National City. I booked at Leucadia in Oct 27 at noon. I did the Test Drive in El Centro desert back in April but I'm just as excited!

Local time
Reaction score
I received my first phone call from my Ineos dealer today.

My local Grenadier dealer (Irvine, CA) called me this afternoon. He said test drives will be available soon and that all pre-ordered vehicles will be sold at MSRP.

He also informed that Ineos will be manufacturing a whopping 7k vehicles in 2024 for WORLDWIDE consumption. I was a bit shocked on the low production figures.

I was also told that my build slot looks to be in March of 2024. I should expect my Grenadier sometime in May.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
He also informed that Ineos will be manufacturing a whopping 7k vehicles in 2024 for worldwide consumption. I was a bit shocked on how low the production number was.
That number should be US, if not higher actually... Global production is definitely higher than 7,000 for the year

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
The US has about 7,300 pre-orders by itself!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I took an on-road test drive at Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena today. A shout out to our Sales Consultant, Javier Chacon, who was fantastic. We took out a loaded Eldoret Blue Trial Master with front winch for a spin. We went for a 20 min drive on local streets and the freeway. I previously did an off-road test at the Santa Clarita/LA event. I found the Grenadier to be softer in suspension than I thought it would be off-road. I found the Grenadier to have a stiffer suspension on-road than I thought it would be. I am a bit spoiled as I am coming from my 2020 New Defender, which I drove down in to the test drive. The New Defender is incredibly smooth on road and off road, you almost feel like your floating on air, which you actually are. The Grenadier is a different animal, you feel the road and know you are on stiffer springs and suspension, (perhaps more loaded up or with time the suspension will soften some). In regards to the steering, the first turn I took in the Grenadier caught me by surprise, as I had to quickly turn the steering wheel back to straighten the vehicle out after the turn. I knew in advance after reading the forum for over a year to expect this, however your first turn is still a surprise unless you have had experience with recirculating ball steering vehicles before. I know I will get used to both the suspension and steering over time. Although both the New Defender and New Grenadier share some of the same overlap in the market place, they are totally different vehicles in both looks and in driving. My impressions on first walking up to the Grenadier at both separate driving events was exactly the same, the Grenadier had an amazing presence about it and in walking around it and getting inside of it the build quality is apparent and exceptional. I know it's been mentioned before, however just the closing of the front door and the sound of it closing tells you everything you need to know on how stout it is and the build quality. I now know exactly what the words "Built For Purpose" means. It's not a slogan, it is the actual ethos of the vehicle inside and out. It's an adventure vehicle for adventurers. DaBull

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
I took an on-road test drive at Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena today. A shout out to our Sales Consultant, Javier Chacon, who was fantastic. We took out a loaded Eldoret Blue Trial Master with front winch for a spin. We went for a 20 min drive on local streets and the freeway. I previously did an off-road test at the Santa Clarita/LA event. I found the Grenadier to be softer in suspension than I thought it would be off-road. I found the Grenadier to have a stiffer suspension on-road than I thought it would be. I am a bit spoiled as I am coming from my 2020 New Defender, which I drove down in to the test drive. The New Defender is incredibly smooth on road and off road, you almost feel like your floating on air, which you actually are. The Grenadier is a different animal, you feel the road and know you are on stiffer springs and suspension, (perhaps more loaded up or with time the suspension will soften some). In regards to the steering, the first turn I took in the Grenadier caught me by surprise, as I had to quickly turn the steering wheel back to straighten the vehicle out after the turn. I knew in advance after reading the forum for over a year to expect this, however your first turn is still a surprise unless you have had experience with recirculating ball steering vehicles before. I know I will get used to both the suspension and steering over time. Although both the New Defender and New Grenadier share some of the same overlap in the market place, they are totally different vehicles in both looks and in driving. My impressions on first walking up to the Grenadier at both separate driving events was exactly the same, the Grenadier had an amazing presence about it and in walking around it and getting inside of it the build quality is apparent and exceptional. I know it's been mentioned before, however just the closing of the front door and the sound of it closing tells you everything you need to know on how stout it is and the build quality. I now know exactly what the words "Built For Purpose" means. It's not a slogan, it is the actual ethos of the vehicle inside and out. It's an adventure vehicle for adventurers. DaBull
To generalise/generalize a bit US vehicles tend to have softer suspension and ride than other countries and also more assisted steering so you think they would have taken that into account.
A big problem we have in Australia is tyres/tires getting staked (stick through sidewall) when off road, which has always worried me with airbags.
Changing or repairing a punctured tyre is enough of a problem.
Changing a punctured airbag is a whole world of pain,(I assume as I have never had to do it)

Back
Top Bottom