The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Detailed laser scans out there?

CORE Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone!, does anyone know if there are detailed laser scans of the IG available for sale like every other manufacturer has by either factory or a third party?

If not we'll start a partial disassembly of ours and start scanning, but our ability to turn our scans into good usable files for CAD is a VERY laborious process and although I'm excited to disassemble this rig we're just really short handed at our facility.
Thanks in advance!
20240302_173452.jpg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone!, does anyone know if there are detailed laser scans of the IG available for sale like every other manufacturer has by either factory or a third party?

If not we'll start a partial disassembly of ours and start scanning, but our ability to turn our scans into good usable files for CAD is a VERY laborious process and although I'm excited to disassemble this rig we're just really short handed at our facility.
Thanks in advance!
View attachment 7846792
Hi Core Ineos, Love the Shale Blue, (same color I chose). There are a lot of posts on the forum showing Grenadier's torn apart. Perhaps start there. DaBull

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
For what is worth...
I've found none of the CAD models to be particularly good (we do mechanical designs for our in-house sensor mounts externally to vehicles). I've even had variations and not so great tolerances in the CAD models we've gotten from OEMs directly. These days we contract our scanning for our needs in my firm. We mount sensors to vehicle surfaces (think cameras, radars, lidar's and ultrasonics).

CORE Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you I’ll definitely look. We just need a detailed scan to build everything we’re looking at for this hopefully amazing rig!

Taking accurate measurements is very time consuming and some compound curved surfaces are worse. We’ve already built our camper system for the Rivian RT1 and the new 2024 Tacoma before even receiving them. All this possible with a good laser scan.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that's exactly what we found. I am in the SF Bay area and we found a company doing the scans for us. We lose the vehicle for about a week but get really good scans if it, especially compound curves like where roof lines meet the top of the windshield. It tends to be dirty though, they use some material, almost like a paste to ensure they get good scans of the curves. We always end up doing a detailed cleanup of the vehicle afterwards despite them doing their best to clean it up.

Good luck. I'll get the name of our scanning company when I'm in the office tomorrow and let you know just in case.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you contacted Ineos Automotive directly by chance?

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
I know Xpel has them

Back
Top Bottom