The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contrast Roof Color- how many considering it?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
I have to say that I never thought of NOT having a white contrast roof- as I have worked through looking at different base colors on my config models. To me a 'Defender' should have a white roof- and the only reason that I'm not getting a white one is that my son and wife already have white cars- and my son's is a Jeep.

But as I look through the catalog online, there are only like two pics of models with white contrast roofs.

ANy idea on how many of you are getting contrast roofs?

Do the models look more modern with body color roofs?

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
I have to say that I never thought of NOT having a white contrast roof- as I have worked through looking at different base colors on my config models. To me a 'Defender' should have a white roof- and the only reason that I'm not getting a white one is that my son and wife already have white cars- and my son's is a Jeep.

But as I look through the catalog online, there are only like two pics of models with white contrast roofs.

ANy idea on how many of you are getting contrast roofs?

Do the models look more modern with body color roofs?
I’m not getting a white contrast roof because I decided on Mushroom paint. I think that all the colours that are available with white contrast roofs look great. (I wouldn’t consider a black contrast roof because I don't want the car heating up too much in the sun.)

If INEOS bring out a Grasmere Green Grenadier with a white contrast roof after I take delivery of mine, I’ll be a bit peeved. 😬

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
I have chosen a black roof. I am sure that warms up the car in the winter…
I like the black-Color-black contrast from bottom to top. My Defender has a white roof which I often wished to be black. So now I try so with the IG

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
I've gone for green body with black roof. Live in the UK so the few weeks of decent sunshine heating up the car is no concern. Slightly miffed cannot have a contrast rear door though. May consider a wrap on that at a later date.

Local time
Reaction score
Land Rover roofs were limestone only went white in later years.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I will be picking the red with the contrasting white roof. So far it look more of a maroon color but once it gets out into the wild if it is more red than maroon it may change.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I deliberately chose not to have a contrast roof because I don't want any comparison with my Land Rovers. The Grenadier is deliberately a different vehicle for me and cannot be compared. I love the Limestone roof on my Land Rovers.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
I went with the black roof on Donney Gray because it matches the black stripe from front to rear bumper and along the side skirt. I think it frames the body colour from the side view nicely

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-26 130605.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-26 130605.png
    982.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Rear Left.png
    Rear Left.png
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • Left.png
    Left.png
    847 KB · Views: 48

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've gone for green body with black roof. Live in the UK so the few weeks of decent sunshine heating up the car is no concern.

I too have ordered green with a black roof, mainly to be as inconspicuous as possible in the countryside, whether wildfowling or hunting in lowlight conditions, or just parked up. I am pleased that it is an actual paint process and therefore well worth the extra cost.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I too have ordered green with a black roof, mainly to be as inconspicuous as possible in the countryside, whether wildfowling or hunting in lowlight conditions, or just parked up. I am pleased that it is an actual paint process and therefore well worth the extra cost.
exactly what you said (y)

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve gone for Donney Grey and black roof to go with the black on grey theme.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have gone with shale blue all over. I did think about the eldoret blue with white roof initially but my other half thought it looked too busy.

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
In general, I’m a fan of a white roof. (I like the contrast and believe you might get a little relief from solar heat.) Specific to the Grenadier, my wife really likes the Eldoret Blue with Scottish White-painted roof. But I’m split between this combo and the all-over Mushroom color. Pretty cool looking paint choices overall.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In general, I’m a fan of a white roof. (I like the contrast and believe you might get a little relief from solar heat.) Specific to the Grenadier, my wife really likes the Eldoret Blue with Scottish White-painted roof. But I’m split between this combo and the all-over Mushroom color. Pretty cool looking paint choices overall.
Your wife's choice looks great if you add in the grey chassis:Screenshot_20220811_135215.jpg

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Blue is a really 'hot' color right now. It comes and goes, but the darker blue with the white roof is striking. The light blue and that Gulf Green is interesting

The Doney Gray with a black roof to me is a very modern look. Gray/silver- and darker ones, are on a long run.

I haven't seen a combo that I don't like- outside of the orange bits. I guess I have some time to really decide. Interesting that other people see your color more than you see it yourself ;)

Overall, I'm looking for a traditional (on a brand new car) look, so 17inch steel wheels with the KO2s.

It was just that there were so few contrast roofs in the brochure that caught my attention. Might mainly be a thing where they know the white roof will work, let's see how the other colors fare. The white looks very creamy to me, just an observation.

Thanks for all the thoughts.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi MileHigh,
I see it like you do. I think it depends on what you want to use the vehicle for. For going to the beach, maybe with a surfboard on the roof, the light blue looks cool. I want to use it mainly for work, so more subdued colours are more advantageous. At least that's how I see it. I think it's up to each person to decide. I will greet every Grenadier driver when I meet them. Even if the ladder frame is pink :D

Back
Top Bottom