The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contrast Roof Color- how many considering it?

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
I can barely draw a stick man I’m afraid but the second photo in DCPU’s post above is a starter.

If those things are the the ABS style plastic sheets, my thoughts was something like that. Thin-ish, lightweight and strong. They could be fixed to the side of the IG using the already installed side rail system so would be quick to install and take off and could be used for protection in heavy scrub or where say the vehicle will be in close proximity to high sided banks to to give that bit of extra protection and minimise and real damage.

I wouldnt need them but having watched the “grumpy old man” (ASPW) do the Canning stock route recently and some of the very narrow bush filled trails he dragged his vehicle through, I would have thought s system like this would have paid dividends, and would be a hell of a lot cheaper that a professional wrap, it could also be made at home.

The paint mentioned by Bigleonski is something I have never heard of but sounds like a great idea. Almost like the silicone type paint that artists use on the human body that then strips of like a second skin. Not as robust as the plastic panels but still good for the odd bush scrape.
something like this?...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Walked past a Landcrusier yesterday that had hard plastic/ABS perfectly fitted panels over the top of the body panels, but they were fitted with screws.

This company do magnetic flexible panels that seem like an interesting solution, easy to remove when not needed:

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Walked past a Landcrusier yesterday that had hard plastic/ABS perfectly fitted panels over the top of the body panels, but they were fitted with screws.

This company do magnetic flexible panels that seem like an interesting solution, easy to remove when not needed:
https://bushbarrier.com.au/why-bushbarrier/
The doors and bonnet are aluminium

Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s still available because I’ve just lived with the pinstripes, but you used to be able to buy a paint on film that acted like a protective skin for when you were heading into places where scratches were likely.
When you finished the trip you jsut peeled it off.
If I did the Anne Beadell/ Connie Sue again I’d probably think about using that as the pinstripes where off the chart on that trip.
It's too expensive for most to peel off after one trip.

The DIY place "Bushwrapz" are $600 or so.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
The thing I would worry about with magnetic sheets is scratching of the paint underneath - not because of branches, but anything between the magnet and paint. If you've ever had one of the magnet ribbons or similar, they can scratch the paint - at least one did on my wifes car.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The thing I would worry about with magnetic sheets is scratching of the paint underneath - not because of branches, but anything between the magnet and paint. If you've ever had one of the magnet ribbons or similar, they can scratch the paint - at least one did on my wifes car.
Like Dave said earlier, the panels are aluminum so not much chance of scratching...DIY clear wrap or take the adventure battle scares with you...happy motoring

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
My current car has a black "contrast" roof and it definitely gets hot in the summer sun. A white roof would do wonders in summer. That's what I'm hoping.

bjsheeri

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am thinking about the black roof with Donny Grey and will hopefully see some real life picture of yours when delivered (or others). One benefit for those of us in the USA with a longer time frame.
Did you ever see real life picture of Donny Grey with black roof? I originally ordered this set up but got a regular Donny grey that someone canceled.

Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
I just ordered mine earlier this month (Feb. 2024). I was going to just get the solid Scottish White due to cost. Then my wife saw the color choices and picked the E. Blue. Then my daughter saw the choice for the contrasting White Top and that’s what we are going for. Then a friend recommended the white wheels from one of yours online to mimic the Land Rovers like my Series 2a that I’m selling. So that’s the plan to have them painted at the dealer. It’s about $1,100 USD.

Yes I do want the Grenadier to look like my Rover. I like that look. I wondered about having the top wrapped down to midline below the windows to look more series like to me.
I also wondered if you could get a solid Scottish White and just wrap the lower half in blue or light green? Thoughts?

Attachments

• Image 2-5-24 at 3.23 PM.jpeg
    Image 2-5-24 at 3.23 PM.jpeg
    543.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3023.jpeg
    IMG_3023.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 16
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
I just ordered mine earlier this month (Feb. 2024). I was going to just get the solid Scottish White due to cost. Then my wife saw the color choices and picked the E. Blue. Then my daughter saw the choice for the contrasting White Top and that’s what we are going for. Then a friend recommended the white wheels from one of yours online to mimic the Land Rovers like my Series 2a that I’m selling. So that’s the plan to have them painted at the dealer. It’s about $1,100 USD.

Yes I do want the Grenadier to look like my Rover. I like that look. I wondered about having the top wrapped down to midline below the windows to look more series like to me.
I also wondered if you could get a solid Scottish White and just wrap the lower half in blue or light green?
I love the idea of going with a Series 2a like paint scheme. I would get the lower wrapped in PPF, you can always change color of the PPF for lot less if it doesn't grow on you.

SBA

Production/Transit
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
I went with the Black roof like it with the shale blue everyone seems to like it

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a Scottish White with the contrasting black roof, it's brilliant. I was taken by my daugther's 110 which is the pic attached...She bought it in 2020 off a fellow who bought 3 of the last run of the Defender 110 and just stored them...wouldn't I love that car with the Gren Engineering sitting under it...I still love driving the Defender even with the manual box...I find the old diesels a calming device, especially with the ZF sitting behind my B57...happy motoring ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4147.jpg
    IMG_4147.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6507.jpg
    IMG_6507.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom