The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contrast Roof Color- how many considering it?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
I saw it in a photo of someone else’s build photo. Pretty cool setup But I don’t think it’s made it to production.
I think Dave has that set up as in bars and side rails...that bar looks a little more straight up and down...in other shots it seems to be leaning back a little more...happy motoring

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think having that extra protection could be useful, but I’ve never seen something like that in person.
Quite common in OZ because of the Roos...they can't jump backward but can easily shift direction left and right..they end up in a lot of cases sliding down the side of your vehicle and this can stop a lot of damage...

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
White roof (on darker colours) simultaneously reduces perceived height of the Grenadier whilst highlighting the grab rails and safari windows

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quite common in OZ because of the Roos...they can't jump backward but can easily shift direction left and right..they end up in a lot of cases sliding down the side of your vehicle and this can stop a lot of damage...
Indeed. AKA Scrub- or Brush bars, redirect vegetation away from the fender/A-Pillar and reinforce the bull bar (in some cases, less so here obviously)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With the bit that protects the fender and wraps around the wheel well?
Yes, configurable and orderable on the Australian website. Not available in UK/EU, not sure if it will be available in US spec.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I were a gambling man, I’d bet against the bull bar at all, let alone side protection.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• 8F88F9AC-68A6-4E2A-AB69-1D8748A1A33C.jpeg
    8F88F9AC-68A6-4E2A-AB69-1D8748A1A33C.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 15

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
Choosing colours was the hardest part.... especially since no dealer had colour samples yet.

I had my Off-Road test drive (only passenger) in a green car with white roof. At that time I thought this was a bit to far, being the classic Defender colours.
But over time, the combination grew on me. And the Grenadier was mend to be the real new Defender (yes, I have test driven the new LR and no, it will not replace my TD4)

So that's how I ordered it : Green with white roof.
Well..... kind of.

I ordered mine in full green. 1200 € to get a white roof ?
(funny, on my old LR 110, I had to pay extra to get the roof in body colour)

I will have the roof wrapped professionally in white foil for a fraction of the price, and if I don't like it.... :)

Front-Left.png

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even if it cost you €1,200 for the wrap, it would still allow you the opportunity change your mind.

Back
Top Bottom