The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Comparaison Grenadier / Mercedes Classe G

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
I refuse to contemplate the existence of a "New Holland" - not after folks decided to toss out the name for Nederland. Folks need to make up their minds 😁
I love how countries/Cities names are changed by other countries.
I was on a train in Italy and some tourists were trying to find the stop for Florence.
I showed them Firenza and they thought I was crazy.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
Yes. But they should not be allowed to win.
About 10 years ago?? the Queensland State Government decided they had enough and banned bikies
It changed everything and reduced the tension and troubles immensely
these guys were no doubt drug dealers, but shows how stupid they are to advertise the fact.

View attachment 7798178
I am not amused about a biker ban. It's the wrong attribute to ban.

A ban on tattoos would be much more effective. And be it in particular male tattoos, if you like.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was on a train in Italy and some tourists were trying to find the stop for Florence.
I have a worse example when going from Belgium to France in the western part of Belgium ...
On the "Flemish" motorways (where they speak Dutch) you see the sign "Rijssel", French city.
Once you are in France this city seems to have vanished, but the next big city is "Lille".
:ROFLMAO:
(Yes, indeed the same city, once in "Dutch", next in French)

Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Yeah, and to connect back to Holland / Nederland... New York was New Amsterdam before the British grabbed it from the Dutch. Try explaining that to Gen Z...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

A ban on tattoos would be much more effective. And be it in particular male tattoos, if you like.
Not biker, Bikie.
Now called Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs.
Normal bike riders are very welcome and we have a tradition here every Christmas that motorcycle riders dress up themselves and their bikes and deliver toys to needy children and charities.
Bikies on the other hand are just drug runners and criminals.

1671565420941.png

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
a couple of years ago at a Maybach launch party (lol, free champagne, sorry) I sat in a new G wagen and instantly gave me the impression that I was simultaneously a dick and a ponce . Which I don't think I am.
The day I sat in a grenadier I felt people would still judge me , sometimes harshly - but differently.
It's interesting how image drives design and marketing.
The German idiom says "Kleider machen Leute": Clothes make the man. If I wear a blue jeans and have oily hands, I tend to say "Hi, how are you, old bastard". With a white collar and a tie (which I sometimes have to wear) my language is very different "it's so nice to meet you again".

It's the same with other things: Clothes, cars, women, wristwatches. All the decorations make the man. It's a mental thing. And that's fine - as long as you're aware that you're playing a game. As long as you look in the mirror at night and say, "Here I am."

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not biker, Bikie.
Now called Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs.
Normal bike riders are very welcome and we have a tradition here every Christmas that motorcycle riders dress up themselves and their bikes and deliver toys to needy children and charities.
Bikies on the other hand are just drug runners and criminals.

View attachment 7798257
Thank you Dave.

A language issue. Nice to get clarification. (y)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The German idiom says "Kleider machen Leute": Clothes make the man. If I wear a blue jeans and have oily hands, I tend to say "Hi, how are you, old bastard". With a white collar and a tie (which I sometimes have to wear) my language is very different "it's so nice to meet you again".

It's the same with other things: Clothes, cars, women, wristwatches. All the decorations make the man. It's a mental thing. And that's fine - as long as you're aware that you're playing a game. As long as you look in the mirror at night and say, "Here I am."
We have a mixture of clothes options to wear for work ranging from
  • polo shirt in company colour with company name on it, casual pants and shoes
  • Hi-vis shirt with company name and Dave(in my case) work pants, safety boots & hard hat
  • Business shirt with company name and dress pants (hi vis vest if needed)
  • Personal business suit
  • Personal tuxedo ( I don't have one)
Each one makes you feel and act very differently.
I always say to the team, dress how your customer is dressed and you will always fit in.
Some sales guys always wear the business shirt and vest and when their customers are wearing the full work wear it makes them look as if they think they are better than the customers.
Sometimes though you are going to different types of meetings one after the other.
I have a large plastic box in the boot that contains all options so I can quickly change if needed
1671566445610.png1671566473128.png

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
We have a mixture of clothes options to wear for work ranging from
  • polo shirt in company colour with company name on it, casual pants and shoes
  • Hi-vis shirt with company name and Dave(in my case) work pants, safety boots & hard hat
  • Business shirt with company name and dress pants (hi vis vest if needed)
  • Personal business suit
  • Personal tuxedo ( I don't have one)
Each one makes you feel and act very differently.
I always say to the team, dress how your customer is dressed and you will always fit in.
Some sales guys always wear the business shirt and vest and when their customers are wearing the full work wear it makes them look as if they think they are better than the customers.
Sometimes though you are going to different types of meetings one after the other.
I have a large plastic box in the boot that contains all options so I can quickly change if needed
View attachment 7798259View attachment 7798260
You're almost doing it like me.
When I'm on the road with the Land Rovers, I wear Barbour.
With the Range Rover Harris Tweed and soon with the Grenadier Belstaff. :cool:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not to hate on G wagens , which are hugely capable, but are now over the top townie cars.
A few years ago I was at the IAA, the automobile fair at Frankfurt. Since I have a press pass, I could visit the show on the press day. No overcrowding, all very nice and exclusive.

I visited all the big ones and the special ones as well. Brabus is a special one. They had the "G 800".

800 HP.

I felt strange there, no German voices, very few English. Instead, Russian everywhere on the stand. The G800 was the star, with an exhaust pipe you could stick your entire arm in up to your shoulder, WOW!

I saw sunglasses, muscles, tailored suits - but all rednecks.

That had nothing to do with my 88 HP W460. G Wagons (G-Wagons!) and G800s are simply two different things.

I dare say: A G-Wagon is only a G-Wagon if it has a rigid axle at the front. Everything else is a lifestyle product.

Some of my photographs there:

20110914_114450_1024c.JPG20110914_083530_1024.JPG20110914_121152_1024.JPG20110914_122050_1024.JPG20110914_122120_1024.JPG20110914_184723_1024.JPG20110914_152544_1024.JPG20110914_140521_1024.JPG20110914_152536_1024.JPG

• yes, I am a man and that was my sight.
  • And I haven't seen male models, and even if: I wouldn't have taken pictures of them
  • And yes: the women have been much more of a highlight than most of the cars
  • And I am addicted to beauty *).
EDIT: *) be it of human, nature, technical, arts, music or any other kind.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

On the subject of tattoos we are now in a world where nearly everyone under the age of 40 has them.
I find it difficult to understand.
particularly with criminals who in theory don't want to be easily recognisable, but get covered in tattoos which makes them very easy to identify
1671567408125.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A few years ago I was at the IAA, the automobile fair at Frankfurt. Since I have a press pass, I could visit the show on the press day. No overcrowding, all very nice and exclusive.

I visited all the big ones and the special ones as well. Brabus is a special one. They had the "G 800".

800 HP.

I felt strange there, no German voices, very few English. Instead, Russian everywhere on the stand. The G800 was the star, with an exhaust pipe you could stick your entire arm in up to your shoulder, WOW!

I saw sunglasses, muscles, tailored suits, but all rednecks.

That had nothing to do with my 88 HP W460. G Wagons (G-Wagons!) and G800s are two different things,

I dare say: A G-Wagon is only a G-Wagon if it has a rigid axle at the front. Everything else is a lifestyle product.

Some of my photographs there:

View attachment 7798264View attachment 7798265View attachment 7798266View attachment 7798267View attachment 7798268View attachment 7798269View attachment 7798270View attachment 7798271
About 10 years ago my wife and I went to the large International Boat show near us and instead of wearing shorts and polo my wife and I dressed nicely.
You normally can't go on the high end boats but I decided to play a game and pretend we were in the market for a $5 Million up boat.
free drinks, food and entertainment all afternoon.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I find it difficult to understand.
For you and me, it seems difficult. But it's easy.

Nobody cares about them. But they want to count like you and me. So they try to stand out.

I can understand that - though it's actually tragic.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On the subject of tattoos we are now in a world where nearly everyone under the age of 40 has them.
My three boys are under 40, and no tattoo's for the time being, and I tell you they were not angels! Till they settled :p
(Excuse me boys, now I told the whole world how you could be recognized :eek: )

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

I know plenty of folk expert at "putting on the dog". Which translates as
"To dress up; to put on airs; to make a show of wealth and/or importance; to be pretentious."

To someone prone to oily hands, the other word is "wanker"

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Agree.

But though I can (and sometimes must) play both, I feel most comfortable with my "Blaumann."

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I know plenty of folk expert at "putting on the dog". Which translates as
"To dress up; to put on airs; to make a show of wealth and/or importance; to be pretentious."

To someone prone to oily hands, the other word is "wanker"
I have an agreement with my wife that she wears the jewelry and makeup, not me

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reading all the thread from G-Wagon to IG .. to drivers / owners profile - to final behavioural rites..
Yepp the term wanker or jerk cross the Atlantic - is well known.
People to make a show - in some business this is a must. - Understatement - is not recognized. - There was once an ad here in Germany from one of the public savings banks. "Sparkasse" (Austria and perhaps Luxembourg also") No I do not translate jokes abut this organisation..
They had an ad- my house, my car, my boat.. my horse..
Exactly that - so status only on property. - Considering my collaegues. - What company car, got invited to this and that.. Rotary club member, - whats so ever.
WTF don't care.
A person like Sir Jim is rather settled, wealthy enough to ignore those rites (to some limits) - But in some business - like financial or medical, law, some management positions they cannot circumvent those. Not even I can't but minimized. If I meet with certain people Tailored suit, tie, proper hand made shoes.. that I wear a Luminox wristwatch instead of other more known famous brand (even if it is perhaps a "fake") .. caused already raised eyebrows...

So I play the show - somewhat ironic if I have to - but my preferred cloth is rather relaxed, either jeans, or professional Härkila, or E.S.
or simply sweat pants at home.

Prefer good quality - but most certainly no "brand" affinity. - Stuff must fulfil the job and price / value match.
Do I NEED it, Do I WANT it for myself, DO I have to prove it or make a show to somebody else..
For IG -
I dont need it for daily business. - But to perfom my 2nd life in hunting and forestry - I need more capability as the current vehicle.
Do I want one ? Yes definitely.
Do I have to prove anything - most certainly no. And IG is not the vehicle to replace a tiny or non existent reproductive organ..
Keep a low profile.. even if IG has a high one... (higher than MB G Wagon at least)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, and to connect back to Holland / Nederland... New York was New Amsterdam before the British grabbed it from the Dutch. Try explaining that to Gen Z...
Like Harlem still exists as a part of Amsterdam and New York.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reading all the thread from G-Wagon to IG .. to drivers / owners profile - to final behavioural rites..
Yepp the term wanker or jerk cross the Atlantic - is well known.
People to make a show - in some business this is a must. - Understatement - is not recognized. - There was once an ad here in Germany from one of the public savings banks. "Sparkasse" (Austria and perhaps Luxembourg also") No I do not translate jokes abut this organisation..
They had an ad- my house, my car, my boat.. my horse..
Exactly that - so status only on property. - Considering my collaegues. - What company car, got invited to this and that.. Rotary club member, - whats so ever.
WTF don't care.
A person like Sir Jim is rather settled, wealthy enough to ignore those rites (to some limits) - But in some business - like financial or medical, law, some management positions they cannot circumvent those. Not even I can't but minimized. If I meet with certain people Tailored suit, tie, proper hand made shoes.. that I wear a Luminox wristwatch instead of other more known famous brand (even if it is perhaps a "fake") .. caused already raised eyebrows...

So I play the show - somewhat ironic if I have to - but my preferred cloth is rather relaxed, either jeans, or professional Härkila, or E.S.
or simply sweat pants at home.

Prefer good quality - but most certainly no "brand" affinity. - Stuff must fulfil the job and price / value match.
Do I NEED it, Do I WANT it for myself, DO I have to prove it or make a show to somebody else..
For IG -
I dont need it for daily business. - But to perfom my 2nd life in hunting and forestry - I need more capability as the current vehicle.
Do I want one ? Yes definitely.
Do I have to prove anything - most certainly no. And IG is not the vehicle to replace a tiny or non existent reproductive organ..
Keep a low profile.. even if IG has a high one... (higher than MB G Wagon at least)
Forgive me if I’ve misunderstood - there’s a certain ’jazz’ quality to that post. As a former banker I’m accustomed to being called a wanker and must at least entertain the possibility that it’s true. If so I won’t be the first or last to own a Grenadier, it’ll take all types.

Back
Top Bottom