The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Clicking Speed Warning

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the clicking speed warning that clicks annoyingly when you reach or exceed local speed limits?
Is this governed by map settings? Warnings every time you enter a new zone city or highway?
You can adjust the speed at which you get a warning e.g. 110 km/hr , at least on my Australia model.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
Where does the car a "local speed limit" know from?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Online maps seem to now. (though not 100% accurate) .
Some smart cars do tell you the local limit on the screen, maybe Ineos IT found that too difficult.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the clicking speed warning that clicks annoyingly when you reach or exceed local speed limits?
So this is the camera that reads the actual speed limit sign that is part of ADAS?, maybe and is part of the 2024 model year. I'm hoping there is a way to turn it off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128-214012.png
    Screenshot_20231128-214012.png
    222.5 KB · Views: 24

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To make a first step you could use the allowed top speed on motorways of the country (110 - 130 km/h) and set the warning to this speed manual.
If I remember right there is a way to set a maximum speed, isn't it?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
To make a first step you could use the allowed top speed on motorways of the country (110 - 130 km/h) and set the warning to this speed manual.
If I remember right there is a way to set a maximum speed, isn't it?
Yes but you have to go into vehicle settings and scroll. If my old memory serves me correctly. I'm enjoying a G&T and can't be arsed going out to check!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyhow I use waze and set the warning to 10 km/h over the limit. This suits me well.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
I just picked mine up in the USA (2024 with ADAS). There is a way to turn it off in ADAS BUT, it doesnt save the settings when you turn off the car. Same issue with Lane Departure Warnings and a few other settings. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyaond anything I've ever experienced, other than a hospital room.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
I just picked mine up in the USA (2024 with ADAS). There is a way to turn it off in ADAS BUT, it doesnt save the settings when you turn off the car. Same issue with Lane Departure Warnings and a few other settings. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyaond anything I've ever experienced, other than a hospital room.
PHOTOS OF YOUR NEW TRUCK NOW! (or we don't believe you ;) )

Also, can you share a pic of the window sticker please!

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
I just picked mine up in the USA (2024 with ADAS). There is a way to turn it off in ADAS BUT, it doesnt save the settings when you turn off the car. Same issue with Lane Departure Warnings and a few other settings. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyond anything I've ever experienced, other than a hospital room.
I too am curios if a way to save/disable on a more permanent basis, possibly software / ODB2.
BTW <3 the Bronco you have in your thumbnail!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding with my question. I know that and how "a" car can know this.

But my question was directed at the TO, which I assume is certainly referring to a grenadier - because what else would this be about? That's why I'll put it this way without any room for interpretation: Does your Grenadier know the local speed limit and if so, from where?

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does your Grenadier know the local speed limit and if so, from where?

I wondered this also. According to:

"Intelligent speed assist (ISA). ISA scans for road signs, warns you when you’re pushing the speed limit, and refers to high quality maps when signs are elusive. Sensible and smart, wherever the road takes you."

ISA_Brochure.png

i.e. There's a camera. And a wee computer. Watching the road. Interpreting speed limit signs.

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The camera is forward of the rear view mirror, just behind the windshield. What would happen if you were to “block” its view of road signs? This has been a thought of mine however I haven’t taken delivery yet.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The camera is forward of the rear view mirror, just behind the windshield. What would happen if you were to “block” its view of road signs? This has been a thought of mine however I haven’t taken delivery yet.
If anything like our Subaru, dash warning lights galore 😀

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What would happen if you were to “block” its view of road signs?

From the link above: "... and refers to high quality maps when signs are elusive".

Sounds like it will fall back to onboard speed map data. Which may be out of date. That's no better, and maybe worse. If your goal is to silence the ISA then my bet, not having my vehicle yet, is that blocking the camera may not satisfy you. Again, speculating.

If you don't want ISA then two options are:
  1. Turn off ISA in the menus. This might get reset every time you start your vehicle. 🤮
  2. Install an OBD accessory that sets ISA as you like it (and various other things) for you automatically each startup. (y)
#2 isn't available yet AFAIK. But these devices are common for other makes and models. Time and demand may solve this.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I wondered this also. According to:

"Intelligent speed assist (ISA). ISA scans for road signs, warns you when you’re pushing the speed limit, and refers to high quality maps when signs are elusive. Sensible and smart, wherever the road takes you."

View attachment 7834510

i.e. There's a camera. And a wee computer. Watching the road. Interpreting speed limit signs.
Whatever they write or wrote: there is no such camera on the Grenadier, at least not on mine.

Back
Top Bottom