The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier idiosyncrasies

sydmachine

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
After a month of ownership, I've come to rather enjoy the randomness of my Grenadier's infotainment/ binnacle area. I might as well replace the gear selector with a slot machine arm.

Will the TPMS freak out and just make up random pressures? Will I get a flashing warning? Will a check engine light pop on because I foolishly filled my tank? Will there be some random speed advisory clicks? Will some yet not explored hieroglyphical-like shape appear on the binnacle?

The answer is, who knows, also probably! I lean into the chaos as this keeps things interesting!

I digress...

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
Hi Sydmachine,
Yes, the Grenadier is all that I hoped it would be as a good offroader for work or pleasure in the Australian outlying desert areas. But the electrical system and layout are a total mystery. The two starter batteries and c tek system using ancient technology is a mystery. Why does my Reverse warnings come on for no reason is a mystery. That the exterior switch runs three of the four outlets on one circuit so my work light comes on when I need my camp lights is also a total mystery.
And the greatest mystery of all is why Ineos sell it as a real off road with built in dual battery in the Trialmaster when the layout is clearly not fit for purpose. The hype was good but the reality is a lot different. AND no manual to help you sort it out,
I am a patient man but getting seriously annoyed. Our local dealer in Adelaide is terrific, no issue there, just the company itself.

Back
Top Bottom