The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bonnet (hood) wont open

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
Pulling two times, or multiple times on the handle? pushing the hood multiple times down?
Had that also once. After a long struggle with it,….. got it back open.
Now I really drop it from 1/2 meter high to be sure it is closed.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
The double pull catches them out

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
always tug twice otherwise poor performance

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Again struggling with my bonnet. I want to fill up the high pressure side of the heating, as I did a cooling bleeding system last week. (Also after struggling with the bonnet) After the bleeding procedure, I noticed that the reservoir was almost empty. But I didn’t had the cooling liquid. Now that I have,…. I want to fill that up, but the bonnet isn’t cooperating.
The first pull, no problem. But it doesn’t work with the second pull. There is no resistance in the handle. Also after the first pull only one side of the bonnet is unlocked. That’s probably the reason it won’t let me go to the second stage.
Did anyone else already found a solution for this problem?
Last week I just drove around with the bonnet open, ”Et voila” I could pull a second time and the release system was working again. This time “nada, nothing noppes” That trick doesn’t seems to work twice. :-(

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Found it I think? Need to try it more often just to be sure this trick is the correct one. With the bonnet locked, pull the lever until you feel the first step of the unlocking procedure, pull gently just until you hear it unlock. Do not pull further. Then release the handle and pull the second time. Then the bonnet jumps open....

(Edit) Just tried that multiple times, but not really the key to succes. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Found it I think? Need to try it more often just to be sure this trick is the correct one. With the bonnet locked, pull the lever until you feel the first step of the unlocking procedure, pull gently just until you hear it unlock. Do not pull further. Then release the handle and pull the second time. Then the bonnet jumps open....

(Edit) Just tried that multiple times, but not really the key to succes. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't
It sounds like an adjustment problem , unless the latch is somehow damaged.

Murray2105

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Again struggling with my bonnet. I want to fill up the high pressure side of the heating, as I did a cooling bleeding system last week. (Also after struggling with the bonnet) After the bleeding procedure, I noticed that the reservoir was almost empty. But I didn’t had the cooling liquid. Now that I have,…. I want to fill that up, but the bonnet isn’t cooperating.
The first pull, no problem. But it doesn’t work with the second pull. There is no resistance in the handle. Also after the first pull only one side of the bonnet is unlocked. That’s probably the reason it won’t let me go to the second stage.
Did anyone else already found a solution for this problem?
Last week I just drove around with the bonnet open, ”Et voila” I could pull a second time and the release system was working again. This time “nada, nothing noppes” That trick doesn’t seems to work twice. :-(
Mine still not working. Dealer reckons it could take days to get it working. Not a great system.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes it helps if a second person presses the hood a little bit down, as the lock is under tension which can make unlocking difficult...

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes it helps if a second person presses the hood a little bit down, as the lock is under tension which can make unlocking difficult...

AWo
Luckily , it's an old school mechanical mechanism ;)

Reactions: AWo

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Luckily , it's an old school mechanical mechanism ;)
NOOOO!!! I can't believe that. I assume there is a software problem which is fixed with the next update. The dealer should read the error memory. Mechanical mechanisms...pfff......we're not in the 20th century anymore ☝️

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
NOOOO!!! I can't believe that. I assume there is a software problem which is fixed with the next update. The dealer shoul read the error memory. Mechanical mechanisms...pfff......we're not in the 20th century anymore ☝️

AWo
You do know with the double pull it's twice as complex as my 1978 911

• Haha

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
You do know with the double pull it's twice as complex as my 1978 911
I have no clue about that car but I assume, it is an enourmous amount of fun to drive it. Turbo? No, 1978 there was no turbo, right? I only know about the unlocking mechanism of my 1971 Land Rover Series 2a. But I must confess, it is also a mechanism where you need to act twice, as it has two of these locks.

20180525_130416_conv.jpg

AWo

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have no clue about that car but I assume, it is an enourmous amount of fun to drive it. Turbo? No, 1978 there was no turbo, right? I only know about the unlocking mechanism of my 1971 Land Rover Series 2a. But I must confess, it is also a mechanism where you need to act twice, as it has two of these locks.

View attachment 7842821

AWo
Turbo was around from 1975. But they have terrible turbo lag. I wanted mechanical simplicity and small repair bills!
Here is my '73 S3 bonnet on this fine evening
20240206_185259.jpg

• Love

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
Turbo was around from 1975. But they have terrible turbo lag.
Oooof the 3.0L turbo death machine....

"ooooo a straightaway!" throttle down, wait for it.... wait for it.... wait for it... "oh a corner, I don't need that power any more", and welcome to that snap oversteer with no power available to throttle out of it

Back
Top Bottom