The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Warning - Bonnett is open

Kruegerruda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
I have a warning that my bonnet is open. This may also be the reason why the doors can no longer be closed by remote control. I have opened and closed the bonnet several times, oiled the catches, checked the sensor cables, jiggled the lever in the footwell without success - nothing has helped! Does anyone have any ideas?

Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
It needs good drop from about 1 ft (30cm) I have found to close it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
If you push and it moves it is not closed.
The infotainment screen will show it's open as well.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
I have a warning that my bonnet is open. This may also be the reason why the doors can no longer be closed by remote control. I have opened and closed the bonnet several times, oiled the catches, checked the sensor cables, jiggled the lever in the footwell without success - nothing has helped! Does anyone have any ideas?
I’ve had to adjust my bonnet catches on numerous occasions as they seem to work loose if the bonnet doesn’t sit tight. If after shutting the bonnet from a height there is still movement then adjust the nuts on the bonnet ”loops” that lock into the catches. Sorry poor description and I don’t have a photo and my vehicle in the workshop.

Back
Top Bottom