The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hood latch sensor

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday. No issues discovered until I got home and tried to lock the doors. Fob wouldn’t lock the doors. I used the key to lock and called it a day. This morning I discovered a warning on the center display showing that the hood/bonnet is open. Opened and shut several times. The mechanism seems to be mechanically sound. Two pulls to open. Still shows hood open. I’m assuming this is the reason I can’t lock the doors with the fob. Opens fine. Anyone fix this issue on their own?

streetspirit84

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Allow the hood to drop from around 18-24" high and give it a little momentum. It really has to slam shut in order to properly latch. You probably think it's closed, but it's not. The same thing was happening to me until I figured this out.

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Just have to let that hood drop a little further. I was being too nice when I first received mine as well.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
I’ve adjusted my latches several times on my travels. Seems to me a fix is needed as they shake loose and self adjust. Easy to adjust though by turning the nut on the bonnet catch’s. I may try some lock tight when I can find it in Namibia.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday. No issues discovered until I got home and tried to lock the doors. Fob wouldn’t lock the doors. I used the key to lock and called it a day. This morning I discovered a warning on the center display showing that the hood/bonnet is open. Opened and shut several times. The mechanism seems to be mechanically sound. Two pulls to open. Still shows hood open. I’m assuming this is the reason I can’t lock the doors with the fob. Opens fine. Anyone fix this issue on their own?
Not with the bonnet. But my rear door was only slightly ajar but not completely closed. Then nothing can be locked with the remote control. But there is also no warning tone. Check whether all doors are really firmly closed and the bonnet is fully latched.

Back
Top Bottom