The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just got my Grenadier today and already debugging…what’s this symbol mean?

Dus10R

Production/Transit
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
Just got it delivered today. USA LHD. Doors wont lock with the keyfob button. will try to un-lock, I can hear it when I click the unlock button but it won’t lock via the button. These two symbols keep popping up on the dash. A blue one followed by a red one. Looks like a front hood warning but the hood is down and latched. I assume if the car thinks the hood isn’t latched it wont allow it to be locked with the fob? Anyone know how to fix?

IMG_1155.jpegIMG_1152.jpeg

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
shut the bonnet* better? like, really well...

also your dealer didn't give you much fuel**?

*hood
**gas

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
The Grenny won't lock with fob if it senses that a door or bonnet is ajar. Your bonnet is ajar based on the displayed error. You have to drop the bonnet shut unlike with other cars. If you put both palms of your hands on the left and right edges of the bonnet and push down, do you feel the slightest give? If so, it's not shut all the way. Gotta drop that sucker hard.

Dus10R

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
It’s down for sure. I dropped it from 12” up and pushed down on the latch areas and still getting the warning.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
It’s down for sure. I dropped it from 12” up and pushed down on the latch areas and still getting the warning.
It will still be open, drop it from higher. Many new owners have the same issue. Raise the bonnet to the point you think it is too high, then raise it higher and let it drop.

Last edited:

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There's two latches and both need to be secure. If you close the hood off-centre one side may not be latching fully. Make sure you are dead centre when you drop it so it lands evenly on both sides.

Reactions: PBD

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If you push the bonnet and it moves after you think you've closed it , you haven't!

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just got it delivered today. USA LHD. Doors wont lock with the keyfob button. will try to un-lock, I can hear it when I click the unlock button but it won’t lock via the button. These two symbols keep popping up on the dash. A blue one followed by a red one. Looks like a front hood warning but the hood is down and latched. I assume if the car thinks the hood isn’t latched it wont allow it to be locked with the fob? Anyone know how to fix?

View attachment 7841853View attachment 7841852
Haha. I had exactly the same thing as I drove it away from the dealer. Before driving off I did the obligatory bonnet lift and admire the engine. Of course being a new car didn’t slam the bonnet down and shut it fully. Dealer didn’t know enough about it to spot the open bonnet. Once we figured it out - about 5 minutes - I left for home much happier having a closed bonnet and no alarm coming!!!

Funny how history repeats. You’d think ineos would let dealers know to look for that straight off!!!

Dus10R

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Haha… ill give it a shot. I dropped it from what I thought was pretty high. Enough so that I felt i was overdoing it. But it still moves afterwards so I think you’re all correct. 👍 Thanks for the help.
I figure Ill be beta testing / debugging on my own with the help of this forum as I have zero dealerships nearby.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Along with the bonnet, when you shut the doors they need a good swing too to show closed. Everything is pretty substantial. :)(y) Enjoy the new ride!

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Along with the bonnet, when you shut the doors they need a good swing too to show closed. Everything is pretty substantial. :)(y) Enjoy the new ride!
Amen on the doors, too. Cringe every time I close them as feel am SLAMMING. A guy at the gas station in a pretty Range Rover was checking out my Grenadier and when I closed the door, I could see his eyes go wide!

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
I had the same 'issue' with the hood the first time as well. Opened up to show my family, dropped the hood from about 2 feet like I've always done and drove off to see and hear the warning. Pulled over, got out and re-closed the hood again. Same warning. What I found is you really have to give it a little slam down from about two feet for it to fully close. Once I figured that out it's been a non-issue ever since.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
What I cringe about is being stuck in the wilderness with a locked rig because a door sensor is broken. I am sorry to be negative, but is this not stuff Ineos was supposed to be avoiding? Never seen a vehicle not unlock because of a door ajar. And what if say a door is stuck locked but has a towel in it and wont open with out unlocking? I suspect this one may haunt Ineos.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What I cringe about is being stuck in the wilderness with a locked rig because a door sensor is broken. I am sorry to be negative, but is this not stuff Ineos was supposed to be avoiding? Never seen a vehicle not unlock because of a door ajar. And what if say a door is stuck locked but has a towel in it and wont open with out unlocking? I suspect this one may haunt Ineos.
Truck won't lock with a door showing ajar just like other vehicles.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Glad you got it resolved.

Question for the owners who’ve put some miles and months on their rigs: Do the hood and doors loosen up and get easier to close after some use?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Question for the owners who’ve put some miles and months on their rigs: Do the hood and doors loosen up and get easier to close after some use?
Yes, but the doors should soon latch with little force. I had to adjust my driver door to get it "Porsche perfect", which is how it should be on everyone's vehicle.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered the soft close option.....LOL! Funny as even the old Land Rover Defenders require heave handed closing.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Yes they do loosen off just a bit. And you soon get used to applying just the right amount of force to close them without overcooking it😉

Back
Top Bottom